Suikoden United and Illusional Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Your favourite anime/manga... WILL BE MINE!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Your favourite anime/manga... WILL BE MINE! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

okay, can you people tell me your favourite/ top three anime/manga titles. I have seen many but hardly any of them are gripping enough. I liked guyver, but thought that some others were alright... Vampire Hunter D, Fatal Fury and a load of others. your replies won't be useless, i'll downlo...... i mean i'll 'get' them... thanx in advance
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Azumanga Daioh!

Escaflowne!

FLCL!

Rurouni Kenshin!

All the way to the edge of this world
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kenshin... ain't that the same as samurai x... any how i'll download... i mean get it thanx
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rurouni Kenshin was the TV series title. Samurai X was the OAV/movie titles. Well at least in America. I remember recalling that they changed the name to Samurai X was to make it more appealing to American audiences. I don't know how true it is, but far more people know Samurai X than Rurouni Kenshin.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dunno-- most people I know reffer to the show as Kenshin(for short) meh, although I've also heard 'Samurai X' used.

My favorite Manga is Naruto-- though the american volumes translations are horrendous.

My favorite animes are, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and Inuyasha. Couple of other I watch often are Wolf's Rain, and Detective Conan. I wanted to start watching some Trigun, but Adultswim took it off the Saturday line-up.

So yesh, that's about it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1-Full Metal Alchemist

2-Blood will tell

3-Gundam Wing.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Slayers, Trigun, Tenchi Muyo, Kenshin and Outlaw star are my personal favorites. Although Slayers I've found very hard to get ahold of.

Some other good ones that I'm still trying to see/download them all are Escaflowne, FruitsBasket, Final Fantasy Unlimited (This one looks like it's gonna suck), and Full Metal Alchemist.

Others that I'm trying to download to see are Scryed, Ragnarok, Naruto (curse my computer), and others I can't remember..

Others I'd recommend watching are Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop (even though ending sucked), Inuyasha, Ghost in the Shell, 8th MS Team, Hellsing (It's still OK even though it didn't last past the first season), and some others that I can't recall at the moment.

The ones that I recommend avoiding, in my personal opinion, are Gundam Wing (boring), the Dragon ball series (monotinous), Wolf's Rain (the story is great but the ending is so depressing that it destroys the series :cry: ), Golden Boy (AVOID THIS ONE AT ALL COSTS... IT'S THAT BAD!!!), Ronin Warriors (another boring one), and there are some others but I can't remember them.

Just to remind you, though, this is my personal opinion and tastes in anime differ so don't take it too seriously.
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For series that wont be that hard to find to downl.... I mean "get" :roll:
Trigun - Action/Comedy - Must watch... it's very good all around
Cowboy Bebop - Action - Despite the fact everyone I know complained about the ending, I happened to like it. The episodes arent really continuous, (kinda like american tv shows) but every episode is worth watching
Full Metal Alchemist - Fantasy - I dont know why, but the whole Transmutation power gimmick is possibly one of the cooler things I've seen.
Rurouni Kenshin - Action/Comedy - Swords. Can't beat a classic.
Evangelion - Mecha/Drama - Whiny teen angst. Not really for everyone. I like it though.

Stuff that is still airing (at least to my knowledge)
One Piece - Comedy/Action - Pirates. ARGGGG :mrgreen:
Naruto - Action Comedy - Teenage Ninjas. Need I say more? Oh wait yes I should. UNNECESSARY FLASHBACKS!!! :evil:
Samurai 7 - Action - Samurai and mecha beat it out over rice fields. Seems good so far.
Bleach - Action - apparently the manga is long standing... I never came across it though, but the tv show is good so far.

Some series that might be harder to "get" but would be worth the effort
Tenchi (anyone of them)
FLCL :mrgreen: The first episode made me think I had done some drugs. From what I've heard the English version didn't have the same effect though.

I'd list some more, but I'm tired. I'd tell you which ones I hate, but that would get me on a 3 hour rant. Generally speaking, if you don't like the first few episodes of a series, it's not gonna get much better. Good luck finding something you like.
Shouldn't be that hard :wink:
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A similar topic already exists here.

Anime:
Outlaw Star
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Arc the Lad

Manga:
Rurouni Kenshin
Naruto
Hikaru no Go

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: