Suikoden United and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III's Pentultimate Choice [Spoilers!]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081894 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just stick it on Hugo even though Geddoe might get better damage out of it, True Fire's wild nature of hurting allies (for example Hugo if he attacks for large amounts of melee damage) and Geddoe's adeptability with magic means Hugo takes a nice big Hp hit and with how bad my luck is the enemey will hit Hugo with it's strongest spell knocking him out. Plus Geddoe gets the most use out of True Lightning anyway and it's better in my opinion then True Fire, less damage but with more not killing your own characters.

Chris is just so bad at magic that whichever of the two runes you stick her with will rarely be used anyway. If I remember right Geddoe managed to use both of his level four spells of True Lightning before Chris got her one shot of True Water's fourth spell off and True Lightning's level two spell did more damage then True Water's fourth spell.
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I give the True Fire Rune to Hugo every time, for the reasons mentioned. Plus, he's my favourite of the three protagonists.

Also, if this is the penultimate decision in Suikoden III, what's the ultimate decision?

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
koikuro

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i picked chris for my first time just because shes my favorite character and it was fun...in my opinion u should pick ur favorite
but in my second run i chose hugo just because i wanted to see the 'main' story
i never got around to choosing geddoe so ya

Fierce Tigers

116367 Potch
419 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always chose Hugo as my Flame Champion. Fire fits his personality - spunky, a bit hot tempered, and wild, even if that makes people hate him. Likewise, he's the one who cares most about the Grasslands. Chris cares for Zexen most of all, and Geddoe really doesn't seem to have any ties to anyone except himself and his team. The Flame Champion is the Grassland's hero, so naturally an 'iron head' and a mercenary wouldn't exactly work properly. In my opinion, of course!

Chris fits water. She's calm and can be quite tranquil and beautiful; and yet, she can become a truly destructive force, sweeping away her enemies. This, added with the background of the Water Rune, just seems to make it fit best.

Geddoe's Rune was lightning and has always been lightning, so I saw no reason to change it. In fact, it seemed rather odd to switch it out. It's hard to explain but he came with the rune, and it suited him. He had lived so long with the rune that it just never made sense to me for him to switch it out and take another rune - especially one that didn't fit his personality. Does that make any sense at all? :*laugh*:

Just to mention, I liked Hugo the most. I also like Chris, though I thought she was fairly arrogant. I neither liked nor disliked Geddoe. ;)
Gunloc0

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Geddoe as the Flame Champion because he was my favorite of the three and he is very versatile as a character. By the end of the game, I ended up just using physical attacks with him... just like every other character I use and it works very well as he is capable of doing high damage with just regular physical attacks.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hugo made the most sense plot-wise, so I went with him despite the fact that I greatly prefer Geddoe both as a character and in combat.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber wrote:
Hugo made the most sense plot-wise, so I went with him despite the fact that I greatly prefer Geddoe both as a character and in combat.

True, if there was anyone that would be the typical Suikoden hero, it would be Hugo. Although if you look at it though, he is the least qualified to rule anyone, Chris is the commander of the Zexen Knights and Geddoe commands the Harmonian border patrol... Which leaves Hugo's qualifications as having a famous mummy.
Anais

Undaunted Men in Blue

272868 Potch
0 Soldiers
658194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not a Hugo fan, but I think he's the best choice for FC. Of the three candidates, he was the only one who held the same goals as the FC from the very beginning of his story, whereas Chris was concerned about her father and Geddoe was stalling in the Grasslands by following false FC rumors. Not to mention how he fits the "teenager with a famous parent" mould. XD; And anyway, his fire magic skill isn't a problem if you give him a few Fire Magic Rings and a Wizard Hat.

I prefer Chris and Geddoe, though. Chris because I wanted to see more of Nash and the Knights, and I love her scene with Wyatt in the True Water Rune. Geddoe, because the way he comes to terms with the former FC's actions is intensely interesting, and his speeches are awesome. I was spazzing out during his first major speech at Brass Castle. XD; All of them have their advantages!
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think you should play through with all of them as FC:s at least once, but everytime i start a new game nowadays, i always pick Hugo, because he IS the official Flame Chamkpion after all..

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: