Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eresh or Euram
Eresh
50%
 50%  [ 39 ]
Euram
44%
 44%  [ 34 ]
Neither of them i don't like either of em
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
I thought it was one of them make um up characters?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 77

marlacon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eresh. Euram makes me want to gouge my eyes out with fiery pokers.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choose Eresh. She was more useful to me, and I was kind of curious about her. The only thing that annoys me about her, is her saying her name instead of I. She was a good mage(can't have too many I suppose), and I enjoyed her side quest. Was able to level up quite quickly. I also prefer her in the army battles as well. Eresh doesn't have much of a personality, but I think she's cute non the less. I like her bath discussion. I like the mystery behind her, and theorizing what she is.

Story-wise, Euram was better. He was entertaining, but I really couldn't get into his character enough to actually like him. I did feel for him though. I got Euram the second time, and was glad I did. It was so sweet for Luserina to try to get her brother to join the Prince. When he did, I felt happy for Luserina. Her father was gone, but she and her brother were able to make peace. When I read Euram's ending, I couldn't help but feel proud of him. Having Euram around, made me really feel for him when I read his letters, and the letters about him. I was also proud of him not willing to take his own life, since it wouldn't be fair to the ones he wronged.

I only choose Eresh, because I like her battle and war-wise. So that gives her a slight edge over Euram. Story-wise, Euram blows Eresh out of the water.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Euram for most of the stated reasons. Were I to replay the game, I'd probably make a temporary save just to do Eresh's quest, see what she can do, and then go get Euram again.

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh, and I'll always pick her every time out. She just had more use to her, even though it bothered me that I couldn't pimp her out with Magical and Magic Absorb runes the way I did with Zerase. I like how someone before me accuratedly described Euram as another version of Snowe from IV, because Snowe was a pretty useless bastid himself in that game. You get her too late in the game to make any real use out of her, but there was no way in this life I would recruit someone as useless as Euram for the army.

Nay-Kobold Merchants

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Euram, simply because we already have a magician with a mysterious background we'll never find out about that has a lot of weight the storyline (Zerase) and one that doesn't have as much (Jeane). Do we really need one that doesn't have any at all? Eresh just seems like a last minute throw in to me. "Wait! People loved Suikoden II and it allowed you to choose between two characters! We have to do the same thing in this one, quick!" It just seems like a halfbaked idea. And, as several other people have mentioned, Euram has much more weight in the storyline.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm relizing i should've put a "like them both" one?

Everyone should becarefull when using Eresh in the war battles , the suikoden5 strategy guide book
says she is one of the killable characters.
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Eresh. I prefer her character wise. While I do appreciate her battle capabilities, it's her backstory I'm more interested in. I know the the lack of information about her is vast, but I think we got enough tidbits to make her interesting. Her being a "vessel", the age discrepancie between her appearance and her supposed position in the Nagarean clergy, plus her connection to Jeane. I almost feel like Eresh is a preview of something on the herizon.

Yet, I do also appreciate Euram's addition to the Suikoden Mythos. I think his contribution to the story was very interesting. I think both of them add something very worthwhile to the game.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I choose Euram first time through, and never even thought of getting Eresh. (She's a mage. A pure mage. I have Killey, Lorelai, and Zweig, and I don't need any other mages than that. Sure, her design is cute, but I probably wouldn't bother to take her out.) On the other hand, I love Euram. He's hilarious. He gets the funniest scenes in the game.

And then, in the end, i really felt something for him, and I was glad I recruited him as his scene in rainwall really did make it all worth it. I was - at the risk of sounding quite stupid - proud of him for making so big a chance, and somewhat happy that I could reunite Luserina and her brother - especially after so much of her family, well... :/

I only wish he was usable in combat, because I would have used him a lot.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I took Eresh the first time through, just because I wanted to get the epic from the boss in the hole.

I'm on new game plus now though, and I fully intend to take Euram!

Sure, he's a dork. He's sort of a jerk too, oh a lot of a jerk. I find him really funny though, so I feel the need to have him in my army. Hehee the scene in Sable was just hilarious!

I'm really not a fan for magic users anyway, save Sasarai and Luc. Eresh and her third person talk.. it just just really didn't appeal to me in the least.

-My DeviantArt-
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saved and did two different ending, I sort of prefer (I can't believe I'm saying this but) Euram. Just for the plot and Luserina.

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Eresh my first play through so that I could the Epic skill, but in my second when I picked Euram, I found him to be much more cool. He really shaped up at the end if you chose him. I already had plenty of mages, so Euram was my pick, and I am glad that I did. It really made me look differently of him after that.

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Went with Euram on the 1st playthrough and got Eresh on the NG+. I prefer Euram because like others have said, it fits well with the plot better and it's cool to see how diffrent he is by the end of the game.

Eresh while interesting did'nt really do much for me. I already have Zerase, Jeane, Viki, and Levi for mages so she was kind of left out in the final level and fights.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...perhaps I judged too soon. If I go back to play again, perhaps I'll take Euram instead.

Still...I really liked Eresh's character design. I don't say this sort of thing much, but...she's just so damn cute it hurts. Not like in a sexual way, just like an "awwwww" way. It's weird, I know.

Euram, on the other hand, seems like one of the least cuddly characters in the game. But, if you guys speak true and he really changes for the better...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wee...its hard for me to pick..... but i voted for Eresh.........
Eresh is more useful than Euram. I thought at first i recuited him he would be a fighting character. but no....

I actually felt bad about the murder of Salum....Euram lost everything already, his dad, Luserina, his mom...everything! well that what happens to bad apples....

Eresh has no pronouns!!!!!!!!! ^_^haha she's funny

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
Ashley Riot

The Queensguard

20000 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never thought Eresh was anything special from either a gameplay or story perspective- there are better mages and I have this gut feeling that Konami's not going to build on her in future installments (though I will be very happy if I'm proved wrong). On the flip side, I like the idea of the Prince helping Euram redeem himself even after all he's done, and I like making Luserina happy, so I tend to go with that now.

"I've been shown a lifetime of oddities in a day." -- Ashley Riot
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: