Suikoden Utopian and Illusional Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Best Death in Suikoden
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I need to ask...

Is this topic talking about people who deserves to die, or people who shouldn't have died, or people who have died a good death or just about people you like who dies or what?

The one who deserves to die is of course Gorudo, because i kicked the fat ass's ass for being such a worthless trecherous bas+ard. Neclord deserves death as well actually.

The one who shouldn't have died Kiba.

Luca's a good death for generally dead characters. The fact that he took so long to die makes his death great. But its not in the way of i hate Luca he must die thing, but his death is really good in a gameplay way. In other words, Luca's a great and sucessful villian.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca's death is my favorite just because of the amount of effort you have to put into killing him it takes damn near your whole army just to take him down. And it was also cool to see that Jowy and Leon Silverberg set Luca up.
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would probably say Luc's death. It was like death was all he wanted, freedom from the true rune. You could feel his inner turmoil and angst and the scene at the end just seems so peaceful, i nearly cried. :cry:
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First would have to be Luca. I hated him, but the ammount of effort that you have to put into killing him was unforgetable. Even his final words were quote material. He has to be one of my favorite villains of all time.

Second would have to go to Gremio because of the huge sacrifice he made for Tir and the others and just because he's one of my favorite characters. Every time I think about that scene it still makes me sad. :cry:

Luminous Army

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excalibur you took the words right out of my mouth about Gremio.

As for Luca, I can safely say the guy got what was coming to him in the end. I mean sure, he had alot of crap happen to him early in his life, like having his mom raped in front of him, but shoot, to take it out on all humanity? That's just pushing the lines even for a guy like me who can usually do a good job of playing Devil's Advocate. If you ask me though, he easily surpasses a guy like Sephiroth (I'm sick of FF7 anyway) in regards of sheer evilness, and that's kickin'.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Solon Jhee.... he deserved better. He was a proud warrior who wished to die on the battlefield... not executed.
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:

Is this topic talking about people who deserves to die, or people who shouldn't have died, or people who have died a good death or just about people you like who dies or what?

Kobold, I think it is the most memorable death, so it can be the most touching or most deserved or most unceserved whatsoever.

I still think its Kiba. Thats the first name that came to my mind when I see the topic.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think all deaths were "good" deaths. The whole storry of Suikoden is quite good. Except Lulu's death in Suikoden3. There wasn't any of the dramatical feeling of the two previous parts.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reason Lulu's death wasn't dramatic is because everyone and their dog hated Lulu anyway, cept Hugo, who didn't have any other friends except for Fubar and Joe. Beggars can't be choosers.
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the deaths of Gremio and Nanami were the most emotional for me, because they were characters that were very important to the heroes. At that point, they had already lost their best friends (Ted, Jowy) and my heart just really went out to them, Riou especially because he had no one else left, while Tir still had Pahn and Cleo. The only death more depressing than that, is if you get the "bad" ending for Suikoden II. Jowy's death is just... *bawls*
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio's. The young me bawled when Gremio died. It came totally out of left field for me; I never expected Gremio to die. He was my favorite character in Suikoden 1 and I was very upset that he had died so horridly. He gave his life up for Tir just because he loved him so, and that struck me as so sad. Heh...Y'know, I was so pissed at Milich for doing it that I actually did kill him the first time through - the only general I killed. Of course, once I found out that if I kept him, Gremio would get ressurected, I restarted the game, but still...It was the first death I'd ever seen in a videogame and it was really shocking.

Second for was Luc and Sarah's death. When Sarah steps up onto the platform (?) with Luc as he's dying...Oh, it's so sad. Poor Sarah and Luc. I feel bad for them; even though Luc was a whiny git, he was so damn sincere in his beliefs that when he's defeated at the end of the game, I can't help but pity him. His dreams have been more or less destroyed, and he's going to die for it. Sarah, too, is to be pitied - she truly wasn't a bad gal, but her insecurity and fear of abandonment made her follow Luc even if she thought what he was doing was wrong. Poor Sarah.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I think all the deaths were needed. Even Solon Jhee's. It pissed you off even more, and Luca's eath became much more satisfying.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I didn't see that spoiler about Germio, I wouldn't have known he'd die in the game. So it probably got me some time to prepare I guess so I didn't cry or anything. But it did sadden me. Just as much as Nanami's did when I first played and found out you cold save her at the end :shock:

I think Teo Mcdohl should be mentioned as well. The father and son fighting just seemed to hit me as a memorable moment. Teo may have died fighting for his king, but he also gave Tir help and his blessing to win the war.

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my opinion, the best death is in Suikoden II...I can't narrow it down though....
Kiba's death was awesome because of the opporutnities that it gave to Riou. But my alltime fav is with Culgan and Seed. They died protecting the country they loved and the new leader they have pledged their loyalty to.
Even though this is off topic, the worst death in Suikoden was probably Jimba. It just didn't seem right. It was right after the new FC was decided and it just felt a little rushed...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jhee Family Estate

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd second the poignancy of Culgan and Seed's death. Far more effective than Luca's, really.

The best one would have to be Jowy's, though. Bad ending, shmad ending; the good ending's an utter cop-out, and Jowy's death is the only way to finish the story without giving it a thematical kick in the teeth. It's bittersweet and perfectly executed. The final shot of Riou standing outside Muse at sunset is heartbreaking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: