Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Falenan Senate (spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAPTAIN PLANET

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: The Falenan Senate (spoilers) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, if you could choose who would be in the Falenan senate after the game, who would you choose?

I would make the leaders of all the different towns be part of the senate. (Like Solis Raulbeland Boz Wilde) also, the Dragon Cavalry. I would also have the Queen's Knight's be part of the Senate.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't make the Queen's Knights part of the senate, because their duty is to be loyal to the Queen and the Queen alone. Allowing them in the senate would contaminte that, I think - make it too easy for a Barows or a Godwin or another faction to just slip them some cash to make them vote for Barwos/Godwin legistation.

I think the idea Senate would be one similar to the Parliment put otgehter at the end of the game- one where each town has a represensative. I think that's a fair system that's bound to offer a lot of diverse opinions, and one that would hopefully not lead to the two-party hogging that the Godwins and Barows were doing before the game started where you were either one or the other - even if you didn't agree with everything Barows or Godwin said - because it was the only way to gain any sort of voice in the senate at all.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably something like this would be possible:

- Have one for each town. That's it. Something like:

Raftfleet - Kisara
Estrise - Donna, Boz's Wife. Boz doesn't seem like he'd go and talk about stuff for hours, he's more comfortable moving and doing stuff. And besides, Donna HAS to do something.
Beaver Lodge - Fuwalafuwalu. But he's old. So probably, Maroon. Seems like the most possible of of the Beaver 5.
Sable - Solis Raulbel. He looks like a good speaker.
Lelcar - Wasil. Orok doesn't look like he's up to it. Volga calls stuff like that a "friggin' desk job". Wasil is the only option left.
Lordlake - Talgeyl.
Dwarf Camp - Either Wabon or Gunde. Either, won't really matter.
Rainwall - Luserina AND Euram, I think just Euram, Luserina shold hold a higher position. Something like the Parliament's Rep to the Queen.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081738 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The game's afterstar listing pretty much as the best charcters for the job listed anyway. Since they are spoilers highlight them and yadda

Beaver Lodge: Muroon, Maroon has become the Beaver Lodge Elder.....
Dwarf: Wabon, then Gunde wit Zunda as the dwarf "leader"
Lordlake: Talgeyl becomes chairperson of the Parliment, so I guees that means he's the leader.
Lelcar: Wasil, Volga is the mayor of Lelcar, and Orok has vanished
Raftfleet: Kisara who also is the leader of Raftfleet at the same time
Sable: I'm guessing Raulbel becomes the represntative only he and Dinn and faces

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena Senate

Raftfleet - Kisara, this seems like the most obvious choice, so I have to agree.

Estrise- While Donna is an interesting choice, she is just the wife of Boz. I'm not saying she's not a good choice, but was there anything to say she had any involvement in politics? If so then yes I'd agree, if not, well perhaps Boz will just have to suck it up.

Beaver Lodge - Since the elder dies shortly after the game, it'd have to be one of the beaver 5 I'd say. I can't keep their minds straight, either the one with the visor since he seemed to be the one who was leading, or else the smart one with the glasses.

Sable - Solis is indeed another easy choice, he runs the town as it is, he's perfect for the place.

Lelcar - Wasil, it was said he was the peacemaker between the 3 parts of the city, it only makes sense that he'd be a good respresentative for the town as a whole, as well.

Lordlake - Talgeyl is a decent choice, but while he was the towns representative for the war it doesn't mean he's always the best. Didn't Goesh end up taking control of the town, as mayor or something of the sort? He may be better suited for the position if that's the case.

Dwarf Camp - Again with a new leader, Zunda. If she's leader of the dwarf village, I figure she'd make the most sense for the position, really.

Rainwall - Luserina.. by all means. I like Euram, don't get me wrong, but he is an idiot :P Unless he grows up after this war and learns to act more like his sister and less like his father, I really don't see any hope for him holding a seat in the senate. Plus after what he and his father did, I really doubt he has much of the people's support, even in Rainwall. Luserina on the other hand more than likely has the support of the whole town, or at least the majority of it. The only other person I could think of, would be their mother, if she somehow comes out of her room and deals with the public again. That said, it's ahrd to say if she has any power or support within the town anymore either.

Doraat? Stormfist? Saronix castle? Should they hold seats in the senate anyway. Rahal the new commanders of the dragon knights could very possibly take that seat. I'm not really sure about the other two, I want to say Egbert for Stormfist, since he was so apt about wanting it back, but he is sort of a quack, so it's hard to say. Then again, town and mayors and such could arise within these cities, or appointed by Lym and such, doesn't have to be a star of destiny that takes a seat in the senate anyway.

That's just some random speculation from me anyhow ^^

-My DeviantArt-
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...Well, I believe that the purpose of dissolving the senate to make up the new parliament was to remove the involvement of actors like the Barows and Godwin Factions. Although Barows and Godwin probably would have been the respective representatives of Stormfist and Rainwall at the time as well, they would have commanded less of a voice with each town receiving an equal voice in the parliament. As a result, I think that all of the cities in Falena would have a representative, and the Dragon Cavalry might have one, due to their revised role inside of Falena (even though Sauronix Castle and Gordius probably don't really count as cities of Falena given their purely military purpose, just like Hershville.)

For most of the towns in the game, it's not even possible to select representatives out of the characters that we know, because towns like Yashuna Village and Haud Village don't reallly have any strong Stars of Destiny recruited there who would make good candidates for the position. Otherwise, I think that Elzamine's selections are more or less in line with what I was thinking.

However, I see a rather important city missing a delegate to the Parliament: Sol-Falena. I don't know who would make a good candidate for that position either, given that most of the Stars from Sol-Falena have other purposes already...but I should think the nation's capital would be an important one to have a rep from. I also think that Lunas probably should be represented, even though it's mostly a holy place. Since I doubt that Haswaar would have time to do so, it might have to be someone else...

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't even have a senate. The representative parliament and constituional monarchy are much better. It was nice seeing Lym reform the government at the end of the game like that; she earned a lot of respect from me seeing her do so well in politics.

Anyways, I would definitely have a representative from each town; as well as a rep. for the Queen's Knights, Dragon Cavalry, and perhaps a foreign policy minister. However, steps would need to be taken to prevent these positions from turning into corrupt nobility seats like they were with the senate. Perhaps having the town elect a representative would work better. And then, if the rep. dies or somehow loses the position, instead of going by family, have the town elect a new rep.. This way, the position would still be of nobility and power, but you couldn't abuse it by passing it on to the next family member. Then again, I'm sure someone could find a way to corrupt the system...

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they actually replaced the senate (which consisted solely of members of the nobilty) with a parliment that consisted of members from the towns in falena in sV at the very end.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sybi is right. The Falenan New Parliament was designed to represent the various towns and regions of Falena rather than the Senate where the qualification was simply to be nobility.

Not that nobility could not enter the New Parliament, of course. I'm sure Solis Raulbel is still head of Sable, for example.

The new political system has the appointment of a mayor and a representitive. Although the duties can be shared. (Kisara runs Raftfleet and also becomes its delegate to the New Parliament)

So, in general, it's not just as easy as saying "this guy was best have him do everything", you have to have a balance between running the town and representing the town in the New Parliament.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, the parliment was created with the people in mind; the members would be chosen based on their qualifications, rather than their lineage, allowing for the people to gain actual representation instead of having a group in control that only (for the most part) furthered their own amitions.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: