Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Official 2006 NHL playoffs thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, The Sabres just lost game four to Ottawa, so if they pull out three more wins, they'll be able to say they've done it. And if they do that I'll never live down the biggest blown opportunity in recent Sabres history. First the No Goal against the Stars (Yes, we're still irate over that) and then if we let Ottawa come back for 3-0 deficit to take this series... man, I couldn't take it. There'd be killings.

And as for Scarlet tasting Whale meat, they seem to be outsized and the Whalers are really stepping up. I don't want the Sabres to face the Whalers, I want the NJ-Buffalo series because I know that will be good hockey, but if Buffalo faces Carolina, I'll feel more apt to say Buffalo is going to the Cup since I know Jersey is really the better team. However the way Carolina is playing, I really don't know. Wow, these are great playoffs!

Out west, I was expecting Colorado to beat the Ducks but that hasn't happened yet. As I type this though Colorado is up 1-0 in game 4. We'll see in that holds, but I'm expecting the Ducks to sweep now. As far as San Jose and Edmonton goes, Edmonton looked so good in round one, where'd that go? San Jose is my pick to go to the cup still, but I expected Edmonton to show up more. The first two games were okay, but game three was a great watch, THREE overtime periods! I think this will go to Game seven still. That is, if Edmonton brings it like they did in Game 3. Their Defense was something.

I must say, Sabres Fever is really sweeping my region. Naturally, Western New York is Sabres country, but those who normally don't like hockey much or pay any attention are starting to sport jerseys and such. Its great to walk into any establishment and see the Sabres motif everywhere. Its a real economical boost. If you've ever been to Buffalo, we definitely need it. Its not every year we see our sports teams do well. The Bills haven't been to the playoffs since like '99 and those four Super Bowl losses haunt us. Wide Right.. If I EVER see Scott Norwood, so help me God. The one shot we had at the Stanley Cup went short with that No Goal bullcrap. So if the Sabres continue to do well, I'll be one happy camper. Poor Buffalo.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey hey! Buffalo made my day today. I believe every team will have to seriously reconsider playing a forward on defense during the PP in overtime. Alfie just got blown by and didn't turn quick enough. Miller was amazing, but so was Emery... That was an awesome series, and even better that the Sens lost.

Now... hmm... now I guess I'll just cheer for the guys I have still playing in my pool.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't see the Avs getting swept but there you go. Now I can say in the Flyers defence 'Hey, we did better than Ottawa against Buffalo, that makes us better than everyone's vaunted Senators'. Just like that. I'm a bit surprised I thought the Sens could beat Buffalo but it seems the Sabres are playing their best at the right time of year and that's pretty important.

Now I will give the San Jose Sharks the kiss of death by saying they will beat the Oilers.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, what a surprise set of series. Looks like Oilers are going to get through the west having played only 16 games (possibly.) I'm going to give the East to Buffallo though, as much as I'd love to see the devils be vindicated by the canes going all the way I've always loved the sabres and they're just a faster, more talented team than Carolina.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, those Oilers are firing on all cylinders right now... they're just out-doing everything that the Ducks have. I don't think it'll be a sweep though. The Ducks came on strong near the end and nearly came back... I figure they have to have at least one good game this series. Who knows though.

In the East I am cheering for the Sabres too. It's taken so long since the toe incident so I feel they deserve another shot. Also, they are an exciting team to watch.

The games have been good this year though eh? I've enjoyed just about every game so far.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edmonton looks good and I'm not looking forward to facing them if my Sabres beat Carolina tonight.

Game 7 is tonight in Carolina. You have to respect both sides of the fight in this series. Carolina has outplayed Buffalo, which I didn't expect but Buffalo has found ways to win. Buffalo is down three defensemen, but we're not using that as an excuse to let Caolina roll all over us. Tonights game looks to be a classic. I'm definitely tuning into OLN to catch every second of this game. That is if the Sabres are in it. If Carolina ends the first period up by 3 goals or something I might just turn it off in favor of Office and Earl repeats.

My cable company, Adelphia, is devoted to the Buffalo Sabres so they're providing us fans with the OLN network just for the playoffs. The network covers all playoff hockey games and has shown all sabres games since they defeated the Flyers. I normally tune into CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) for my hockey games, but I'm using Adelphia's gift.

Regardless of what transpires during tonight's game I'm proud that my team has done as well as it has and being 2nd best in the division isn't really all that bad. Being in Buffalo, we're acclimated to being second. Second largest city in the state, Buffalo Bills finished second in 4 straight Superbowls and the Sabres finished second in the Stanly cup finals a few years back. The year before that we were second in the division behing the Capitals. This year the Buffalo Bandits came in Second in the Lacrosse finals. We're used to second place, but that won't mean the sting won't hurt.

If we win, the you'll see a city erupted. Buffalo will fall into pandemonium and there will be riots. This city is a hockey town just as much as its a football town. If Carolina wins, I doubt Raleigh will see much difference. I think Hartford will be more influenced by a Carolina victory than Raleigh.

I think a Buffalo-Edmonton finals will make for better hockey than a Carolina-Edmonton finals. Either wat the East has an advantage, statistically, but Edmonton has prove three times already that statistics and odds mean nothing to them. Its going to be one heck f a fun series, I just hope my team is a key part of it all.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I can honestly say, going in I did not see it coming down to Edmonton and Carolina. What a strang turn of events. All I can do now is hope that Edmonton wins becaus I'd hate to see those smug Carolina losers get what they want. LOSERS! BOOOOOO! GO OILERS!

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry Red but I'm happy the Sabres are out, Carolina has plenty of ex-Flyers I like, Brindy, JWill and Recchi all are on that team - I really wish we still had Justin Williams, a fast 70 point right wing still on the Flyers could have been just the thing but c'est la vie and all that jazz.

As it is we've ended up with the underdog Oilers and Carolina, I'm not too fussed about which one takes it I think I'd prefer Carolina because of the ex-Flyers about on the team but if they don't win I won't exactly be inconsolable. I hope it's an entertaining series, it's going to overlap some of the world cup I think so it will have to be to keep my attention to be honest.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah, Flyers... :P I think the Detroit Red Wings have them to thank for ending their 40 or somethin' year Stanley Cup Drought back in like 1996 or 1997... I don't remember, nor do I feel like lookin' it up, but I do remember all those car horns honking in the streets, which was awesome.

In any case, I sooo gotta' pull for Edmonton in this one. They did eliminate the Wings, and well... As much as I enjoyed seeing all those "Hockeytown" yuppies crying about it, being from the Detroit area, it'll make me feel a whole lot better about my home team, if they ended up getting eliminated by the Stanley Cup Champions. And let's not forget, it's been a VERY long time since a Canadian team has won the Stanley Cup, and if it happens this year, there're going to be a lot of Canadians partying and excited, so hey... Why not give 'em what they want? :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: