Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Kyle's Ending
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:
1.Kyle likes Sialeeds.
2.Sialeeds "probably" likes Kyle.
3.Sialeeds made an oath with Haswar to not get married and relinquish(spelling?) the rights to the throne.
4.Sialeeds cannot get together Kyle.

The 'oath' said was at the time when Sialeeds kinda apologies to Gizel about their marriage if im right.

You forget that Haswar gets married after the game to Isato. At least that's what I took the meaning as. She does get married though. So really the oath wasn't all that relevant. I will say that I thought that Kyle wasn't nearly as bad as be pretended to be. He was also one of my favorite characters from the game though. You have to respect his abilities, both in battle and in bed.
Sawyer

Magi Force - Alpha Company-

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jerrios wrote:
1.Kyle likes Sialeeds.
3.Sialeeds made an oath with Haswar to not get married and relinquish(spelling?) the rights to the throne.

The 'oath' said was at the time when Sialeeds kinda apologies to Gizel about their marriage if im right.

I read some where that when the war was over that Haswar was going to get married in order to make that their are more succuers to the throne. They did not say the name of the person she was going to marry. I think it could be the elf guy who protects her, but its highly unlikely.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Quote:

the US guide says in the introduction that kyle is "a distant relation of the barrows"

The guide is wrong. Kyle isn't related to the Barows family.

Kyle was however a strong supporter of Barows' policies before the war.

Sawyer wrote:
jerrios wrote:
1.Kyle likes Sialeeds.

I read some where that when the war was over that Haswar was going to get married in order to make that their are more succuers to the throne. They did not say the name of the person she was going to marry. I think it could be the elf guy who protects her, but its highly unlikely.

Haswar starts to worry about the lack of women in the royal family, and in her ending it states she announces a Surprise Wedding.

So I guess thats something we can speculate about...

Last edited by Ujitsuna on Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sawyer

Magi Force - Alpha Company-

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chris_Lightfellow wrote:
Quote:

the US guide says in the introduction that kyle is "a distant relation of the barrows"

The guide is wrong. Kyle isn't related to the Barows family.

I think it could be true that kyle is a distant relative of the barow. Or maybe he lied that he was in order to be a queens knight. Maybe he owns something to the Barows. Why would they look to Kyle. However, I think thier is a connection.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally felt Sialeeds had more of a connection with Gizel than she did with Kyle really. That itself could have been why she could never be with Kyle, all other obstructions aside.

I don't think Kyle lying about being a Barrows would help him any getting into the queens knights. I'd imagine it was his abilities which got him the position.

-My DeviantArt-
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
I personally felt Sialeeds had more of a connection with Gizel than she did with Kyle really. That itself could have been why she could never be with Kyle, all other obstructions aside.

of couse she had a better releationship with gizel than kyle, they were engaged to get married after all.

as for kyle being a distant relative of barrows i doubt it, but it was said in the game that he was a barrows supporter or was some thing to that.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

I think it could be true that kyle is a distant relative of the barow.

I don't see that myself, like I was asking before I don't even recall kyle doing anything in the early part of the game that indicated he even supported barrows at all... we were told by alenia and saileeds that kyle was a barrows supporter in the start but I don't remember him being any supportive to the barrows and their ideas at any point, how is him being a barrows supporter even justified in the game?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It isn't because he wasn't. The Barows supporter tag was only labeled on him by Alenia because he simply didn't agree with the Godwins. Just another example of how Falenan politics was fractured between the two, you were considered one or the other.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
jerrios

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sawyer wrote:
jerrios wrote:
1.Kyle likes Sialeeds.

She did say theres a surprise wedding but i dont think its hers though..
And its noot Isato since Urda already hot for him and Haswar knows it. Plus in the end it says Isato did return to his elf village once then came back and serve under Haswar. That surprise wedding was probably for Isato and Urda?
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

It isn't because he wasn't. The Barows supporter tag was only labeled on him by Alenia because he simply didn't agree with the Godwins.

I thought kyle never showed himself to be a true barrows supporter but I recall he was quite vocal on every subject he was involved with through out the entire game, yet when alenia yelled at him saying he was a major barrows supporter and saileeds insisted he shouldn't be coming to stormfist because he was "lord barrow's biggest fan", kyle didn't dispute those strong claims at all... I thought for someone as self confident and aware as kyle, if he was to be associated with something he didn't approve what so ever, he surely would have said something about it. You sure there isn't something else there?
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No the surprise wedding is for Haswar, not for Isato.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

See, things like this, I think, were really hurt by the lack of a development for the whole subplot with Kyle and Sialeeds. After Sialeeds dies, Kyle will explain her motivations to you as she told him. And Kyle makes a few oblique "Hey, I porked your aunt" references. But really, as they cut the plot down so much, I think that Kyle's depth as a character and his ending really suffered.

I've always felt, personally, that Kyle did all his flirting to sort of draw attention away from any relationship he and Sialeeds had, which would have been a big deal and something of a scandal. But if you take away his plot with Sialeeds, what do you have? Womanizing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: