Suikoden United and Infamous Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where Will Suikoden VI Take Place? Speculate Here! (Spoiler!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onix

26611 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If it ever takes place in Harmonia...I wonder how'd the Hero look like?

"It shall be engraved upon your very soul!" Hrist Valkyrie (VP2)
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arts03 wrote:
Kyle said early in the game that Georg worked as a general in the islands north of Falena, maybe we'd get to see that part of the suikoden universe?

That's referring to Suikoden 1. Georg was one of the six great genereals, then he left, and there were 5 great generals. In suikoden 1, if you go to the bar where marie works in gregminster at the beggining of the game, there are a bunch of soldiers talking about who is the greatest general, and one of them says of the six great generals, then corrects himself and says five.
Swordsman from Kanakan

Organization XIII

19053 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it takes place at. . . Kanakan. . .!
Before the events of Suikoden II so that Viktor, Flik and Georg will possibly showup. . .
And a little-extra. . . Loading the Suikoden V data. . .
For Example:
Choosing the Prince with Georg ending will unlock them in Suikoden VI!!!
Or
Choosing the Prince will help Lym will. . . do nothing. . . :(
Well. . . that's for me!
Suikoden VI!!! I'm waitin'!!!
arts03

12000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SuikoGator wrote:
arts03 wrote:
Kyle said early in the game that Georg worked as a general in the islands north of Falena, maybe we'd get to see that part of the suikoden universe?

That's referring to Suikoden 1. Georg was one of the six great genereals, then he left, and there were 5 great generals. In suikoden 1, if you go to the bar where marie works in gregminster at the beggining of the game, there are a bunch of soldiers talking about who is the greatest general, and one of them says of the six great generals, then corrects himself and says five.

But Suikoden V takes place BEFORE Suikoden I right? Okay now i'm confused. Haha.
SuikoGator

6724 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

arts03 wrote:
SuikoGator wrote:
arts03 wrote:

But Suikoden V takes place BEFORE Suikoden I right? Okay now i'm confused. Haha.

Right, but not before the succesion wars in which Georg was a general. Hope that clears it up.
Carbunc

Crimson Bricade

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Place Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think suikoden VI will take place in the New Armes kingdom. they have already set up strife and conflict within the country during suikoden V. They have also given an idea to its political views and ties along with some character they might re-use in the game. It just seems that the country most described in suiko V was Armes and so there will be ease with the start of the plot if suiko VI takes place right/soon after suiko V.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see that the Western Continent is one of the popular choices. As much as amusing it would be, I can not see how this could happen in Suikoden VI, mainly because... we know virtually nothing of it.

In order to successfully make a jump to the Western Continent, they have to establish a sense of 'existence' first. It is like how they always refer Falena as "Queendom of Falena" instead of just "Southlands" or "the Southern Continent". When they make a jump there, people was not too surprised because they already know that there is a Falena there. They can't just say; "the next game would take place in the Magusdom of Rendorin. What's that, you ask? Oh, it's a country in the Western Continent."

Maybe they could have a game take place in the Zelant Kingdom, mention several countries to the west and then make the jump.

That said, I really wish that Suikoden VI would have a really close relationship to Suikoden V, like II to the first. The only plausible way to do this is to have it take place at the New Armes Kingdom or Theocracy of Nagarea. I am more inclined towards Nagarea just because it was isolated at the time of Suikoden V, so we do not know what conflicts they would have in it, as opposed to the tribal conflicts within New Armes.

Then again, I am really curious about the unknown badlands to the west of Toran Republic. A Suikoden with the Badlands setting must include the Black Dragon Island and maybe - through some twisted turn of events - also include some part of Kanakan!

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally want the game to be in Harmonia but i think there is a low chance in that, most probably some place like the New Armes Kingdom or the Nameless Lands.

Seraphym

The Blue Rogues

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure that they didn't just bring up those nations in 5 for no reason. Sure, they may not use them in 6, but I think that Konami has started getting rather cocky and plan on using them in the future. To tell you the truth, though, I really don't think that there will be a game in Armes for a long time. I hope the next one is in Harmonia, but in a time BEFORE 3.

The time-frame of 4 has been overdone (though it's my favorite so far, but I haven't played 1 or 2). I mean, two games in that time? Toooo much! And both in the Island Nations no less! No offense, but I think that if they don't go with Harmonia then they just need to leave the Island Nations BE for at least a few games! So far 4, tactics, and part of 5 have taken place either in the Island Nations or near them.

So, here are the even slight potentials:
    Zelant Kingdom
    Western Continent (unnamed?)
    Nameless Lands
    Harmonian Holy Kingdom
    Tinto Republic (already slightly delved into?)
    Kanakan (too small?)
    Nagarea Theocracy
    Armes Kingdom

See, if they did choose Tinto, there are a LOT of badlands and desert to the southeast to go into. Who knows what kind of people live there?

Harmonia, the Nameless Lands, the Western Continent, Armes, and Nagarea all seem like they could be big enough to have a game based on. The size of Armes and Nagarea seem to be unknown at this time, though. But, if Armes was big enough to have a war with Falena, then it is prolly big enough to base a game in.

Okay, those are just my thoughts. Sorry, I'm kinda a novice at these things so please correct me if there were any games that actually took place in any of these lands before.

Thanks,
Seraph

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, Tinto was in suikoden 2, and your opinion is good,Zelant Kingdom,maybe used as a springboard to the western continent,western continent not until the south continent is done a bit more, Nameless lands,that maybe a later project,as is Harmonia,people say Kanakan is too small,if Konami doesn't change that and make it much bigger,plus it's mystery has haunted the entire series,since it began, i remember the stuff Sars wrote about it,in a geography listings,something about it being a pub south of Rikon,where a drunken master,giving out sword lessons,funny stuff,i'm not sure i worded it quite right but it's close,at lease when he discribed Falena,back then he got his wish for a game in Falena,how about that Sars,Konami made it come true for you.As for Nagarea and New Armes,they sound logical,considering Konami's pattern the first 3 were on the north continent, 4 and tactics were a buffer zone heading south,and 5 was on the south continent,no reason why they'd leave this continent yet,they have at lease one or two games left here,then Zelant would another buffer zone(jump point in between two continents,like Island Nations and Kooluk were betweeen the north and south continents.) Zelant would be for the south and west continents,they'd reveal a nation or 2 on the west continent ,then go there,unless Konami throws some kind of curveball and throws this off on me,they did move Falena from being east of Dunan to it's current location over time,as for where i want the next suikoden to take place,it doen't matter to me,i'm just looking forward to when the next suikoden game comes out.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We already saw tinto and it was not that big... i don't think that there is enough potential in it to make a whole game about it...so its very unlikely..

My favourite is zelant. that will be the "bridge" to the western continent and a chance for us to get introduced to the new western nations on it.

Or i'm totally wrong and they will make a game about armes and nagarea...but i don't know... i really don't thin that there would be a good story for both of them.. Personally..i think konami brought both nations up to have neighbors for falena..and to make the conflict more international...

The only really information about politics in armes was that there is much corruption...but that wouldn't be something really new in the suiko world and i don't think that it is enough...
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would be enough, then? We also know virtually nothing of Zelant, Nagarea and Gaien. If we have to know many things about a country first before the game ever touch it, then the only possible nation next would be Harmonia.

In Suikoden, the only mention of Jowston City-State was that it was a region to the north and Scarlet Moon Empire had some border dispute with them. Does a nation like that sounded interesting? Not really: it did not even have the feel of exoticness New Armes and Nagarea have.
However, it was apparently the setting for Suikoden II

I do not mean to say that the next game would definitely in Nagarea or New Armes. I am just saying that thinking that a nation would not have a good story only because they do not seem interesting enough is not really logical.

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, we don't know anything about those 3 nations,that you meantioned,they usually just throw out a name or two first,then follow it up, but you never know,what Konami will do,they might even even throw out another spinoff game like they did with tactics,even though suikoden 4 definitely needed it,because of it's limited storyline,suikoden 4 got ripped for it,for me i'm just happy to have the series continue,when i registered on Konami's chatsite and went to it's suikoden part(a couple days ago) their content was mainly 2 years old,mainly talking about suikoden 3,leaading up to 4,they even had a petition to re-release the first 2 games,since so many want them games and are tired of paying high prices they sell for on sites like ebay,because of their rarity,even some talked about the suikogaiden games,hoping Konami releases them over here,but their text format would may not sell well over here,someone meantioned how Sars had in on the suikosource site(that person used his bluemoon name),i'm not hard to satisfy as far as suikoden games,but others it will take more ,after how 4 was received Konami knew it had to rebound,it did with tactics and of course 5 in my opinion,i'd be happy if Kyril reappears again.but i be happy just to get part 6,i love this series it's the first series that got me playing rpg's,part one was my first,after watching my brother play it,and it looked like fun after he finshed it and started on 2 i started playing number one and was hooked,on this series,my brother plays more rpg's than i ever will ,but i've others too. but this series is my favorite,some say it will end,which is true all good things do,but hopely it's not as soon as some say it will(1 or2 games)their is too much left to discover,so 2 games won't do,in my opinion,too many loose ends to tie up,i'll see someone meantion about the old books in 5 ,talking about Nagarea,which is true in fact User name is doing two faqs 1 for part 5 and 1 for tactics for this site i've been supplying old volume book contense to help him with number 5,im given him the first 4 so far,can maybe Sars or John Layfield tell me how many years is the falenan calender is different from our standard Harmonian calender it's at lease 200 years difference,between them but unsure what it is exactly,there are dates in some of those books based on Falena's calender(years after the capital moved to Sol- falena,from Stormfist) that i'd like to convert over into our Harmonian calender and vise versa,can you picture this site,suikosource and their star using both calenders on their timelines,i think it would be great who knows what Sars or John Layfield would think having to redo the timelines on their sites just to include falena's calender too or how Howling Guide would feel having to do likewise if they chose to,the work would be alot,but updating it after every game takes lots of work too,including part 5's time in this chain (449 i believe it is)finding out where 6 takes place and when will indeed be interesting to findout,man it's cool to talk about this stuff but i better stop i'm probably starting to sound like a rambling baffoon now,thanks everyone this was fun got get back to work on helping User name on his faq he's probably wondering what i'm doing already.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The mystery about Suikoden is what keeps us coming back, if it were set in Harmonia they'd blow it and no one would care about VII.

Some newer nations perhaps would be great! Considering we may not even know the country they set the new Suikoden in (which has rarely happened with past Suikodens) adds a real wow-factor to it.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I, would hope that it takes place in the New Armes Kingdom. Specifically, Post-S5. It'd be a good setting, plus we get to see more of those kick-ass costumes. And probably some returning characters from Suikoden 5 as well.

My other choice would most likely be Zelant. Like most people said, it would make a great springboard to introduce us to the Western Continent. Plus the Zelantians involve a couple of guys from Suikoden 5 that I would LOVE to see again.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18

Jump to: