Suikoden United and Irrational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tips please

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Tips please Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going back and beating RPG's. I;m on FF 8. I almost got all the cards and I'm wondering do anybody know some tips on the card game. Like never spead the ramdom rule and try to get Diff
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved the card games back in FFVIII. Way better than IX's. As i'm guessing tthat everyone will agree, playing the card games was for the Card Refinement thanks to Quetzocoatl. I don't enjoy playing the game otherwise.

Tips......hmmmmmm.........oh oh, here's one. Always, always save before engaging in a card game. If you lose, reset and do it again. I do this when playing against the main characters, like Cid and Laguna and Edea.

Another Tip. Try to abuse the Bahamut card. Don't refine until you've finished your passion for the card games i.e. you got all the special cards, like Squall, Edea, Rinoa, etc.

hope those helps.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I doubt you posted here just to get a link but anyway here is an alright FAQ that goes on and on for ages, though gives lots of good info, so would any of the other FAQs around there.

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_viii_cards_d.txt

I too preferred Final Fantasy 8's card game over FF9's card game system as well. It just seems more 'right' then the 'Tetra' card thingy in FF9. Though I like different aspects of each of the two diffrent card games. I reckon they should bring back another new card game in a later Final Fantasy, and improve it from the bad aspects of each card game, creating a way more fun, though customizeble game.

Also to make it simpler, they should have an Easy/Medium/Hard setting so begginers can start out easy, or give veterans a nice challenge.
Lilly Pendragon

Lilly's Entourage

8472 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks a lot. Igo back to playing Rpg's every year. Suikoden2's field battles, the card game, the toys in Guardian's crusade, um the arts in Legend of Legaia, the battle system of Xenogears, just playing breath of fire3 and the legend of Dragoon.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF9's card game is intersting. Is there any part of 8 where its manditory to play its cardgame?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think there are, however It is vital to get some of the rarer cards to use to create weapon parts for modifying them. And in some cases by using the card mod ability you can upgrade some of your weapons earlier on, instead of seeking out the certain enemies that may drop/or steal that item from.

Though technically you don't have to play FF8's card game to complete the game...but usually everytime I play FF8 I tend to play the card game anyway for the character cards etc, for the weapon parts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: