Suikoden Utopian and Informational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Regarding the Sun Rune's "Crest"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Regarding the Sun Rune's "Crest" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was messing with it on my computer and saw something that got me thinking...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/Aurora_030/SunRuneTheorycopy.jpg

It's a rather sucky edit I know but it Illustrates the point.

Thoughts?

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

after looking at it for a couple of minutes i could actually see what you were talking about on the photo. how long did it take you to find those things?

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Errr..so what is it suppose to mean? Sorry I am bad with symbolism....and I ain't no Harvard Symbologist(there isn't anything like that in real life).
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not only can I see what you see, which intrigues me very much, but around the central part of it where there is a circle of nothing is the Blue Moon Rune symbol.

That could mean that it has some connection to that rune. It seems likely, because the Sun is opposite of the Moon in most Mythology around the globe, but as of now, the only other True Rune the Sun Rune has any connection to is the Night Rune. And the only other True Rune the Night Rune is connected with is the Blue Moon Rune, only because of the "creatures of the night". So, as of now, we know of no such direct connection between the two, but it is possible.

Good eye, by the way, Harrekki. Very interesting, as well.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Rune and about your thoughts is very interesting...
i'd say it kinda related to Dragons and maybe the Dragon Rune... :roll:
And the Night Rune because it is the opposite of it...
man, i never thought of those by the way...
do you use a microscope or something?? :*laugh*:
nice eye.. :wink:
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah yes, at first I didnt see anything but know I am begining to understand what you mean, it is easy to overlook those details. Though the run off fires you mention are off place, since the fire seems to whirl (you can see it in the innerside of the rune) so they shoudnt flow away in a straight line but rather curl in the direction it is whirling. So I think those upper and left "run-off fires" actually represent objects though not shure what.

I specutate 2 possibilities:

1/. that the Fire above represents the highest peak on the Ashtwal Mountains, while the Fire left represents the Feitas river.

2/. that the Fire above represents the either the Feitas river or a peak on the Ashtwal Mountains while the Fire left represents the fire that spawns out out of the mouth of the dragon going through the rune. The dragon kinda keeps the motion inside the Sun rune.

Last edited by Vincent Vingerhut on Mon May 15, 2006 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Buff: I had saved the image and was just rotating it around using Photoshop and I saw the 'Head' of the dragon. It didn't take me too long...

@Ranrir: The way I interperted it was the Sun Orb (or maybe Blue Moon) being empowered by the Sun Dragon which is breathing it's fire into the orb.

It could very well be the Blue Moon Rune in the middle there, considering that the Moon's light cannot be seen without the Sun.

@Dzerassa: Thanks ^_^

@Flamo: ?? Was it small? Did you forget to enlarge it or something, it's actually quite large..

@Mach: One flaw I am seeing however, the Sun rune Incarnation is a "Moth-like" being...

----

Another thing I noticed was that the symbols on the sides (when the rune is normally positioned) are the same as the Dawn/Twilight Runes which makes sense

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I read somewhere Falena means moth(i forgot what language though) hence the incarnation
Vincent Vingerhut

Knights of Rass Will

156581 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki wrote:

@Mach: One flaw I am seeing however, the Sun rune Incarnation is a "Moth-like" being...

That is because Falena means moth in the Italian language. I guess that was the source of inspiration for naming that country and later making the final boss, the sun rune incarnation a moth-like being.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harrekki wrote:
@Flamo: ?? Was it small? Did you forget to enlarge it or something, it's actually quite large..

i know that it is big already... what i meant was that he got a sharp eye that could look at the features of the Rune... :D
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
@Buff: I had saved the image and was just rotating it around using Photoshop and I saw the 'Head' of the dragon. It didn't take me too long...

you got a better eye than i do. i would have never saw that even if i tried. but i did notice how the blue moon rune symbol was in the middle when the picture first came out. i was just looking at it and then a couple days later glimpsed at it again and some how saw it and was like holly $hit. :mrgreen:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: