Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Discussion on Simeon [Minor Spoiler]
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Konrad

Blazing Salamanders

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come to think of it why cant simeon and Jeane be part of the same family or a trip of mages that have the power to extened the life span

look at the white hair and the apperance this may be possible :wink:

its an idea thought so anything can happen in the suikoden world
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I unfortunately have not played that part of the game but from the "your all babies to me" remark it sounds like he could have a true rune or have eternal life somehow.

This is slightly off topic but I would love to see him or Kyril. And they would fit the unexpected catagory because I don't think they will put anyone in from the IV era (besides Jeane and Viki that is). But I do hope they do. :)
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A lot of people in Suikoden have white hair, just look at Helmut. The physical traits of family members don't seem to carry over in the suikoden world most of the time anyway.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

A lot of people in Suikoden have white hair, just look at Helmut. The physical traits of family members don't seem to carry over in the suikoden world most of the time anyway.

You're right, and I apologize for bumping such a dead topic but there is a strange connection I saw when thinking about Simeon and if he could be coming back in Suiko5. I got thinking about who each game has a supermage. There was Crowley and Mazus, naturally, a variaty of hopefuls in Suiko3, and 4 had Konrad and, more so, Warlock. I mean his name's warlock which is understood to be a male witch. Than Simeon came around.

Simeon is a really cool character to me. Not only his design but his sage-like attitude is appealing to me. We know he's got a way of staying alive and aging slowly, though unspecified. I think he's mastered Water Magic to the point where he can heal aging. I introduced this on another thread so I won't go into it. But I think there may be a correlation here.
So here's the look:
Suiko1- Crowley-Wind
Suiko2- Mazus-Lightning
Suiko3- SarahWater
Suiko4- WarlockWater and Earth but more so Earth I always thought
Tactics- SimeonWater

We see five stars here and each has a corresponding element that they can specialize in, though not exclusively. Highlight the list to see. The big correlation that I see is is between Simeon and Sarah. Obviously they both have s names. Simeon was a master of water magic when you get him and comes fully packed with a Flowing Rune. Additionally Sarah is said to be born with a Flowing Rune attached to her body, according to Suikoden 3. This has always perplexed me. I've said that maybe Wyatt Lightfellow was Sarah's father but I may change this o so slightly. I think that Simeon may be her father or something like that. Perhaps she may be a reincarnation of Simeon, lady form.

Physically they share a quite a few similarities. They both have striking white hair. They both dress in white as well, though it's not as uncommon in Sarah's case, white struck me as different during Tactics. The white thing is just something that struck me as stand out, personal opinion. They are both exceptional in Water Magic and realizing that Simeon may be immortal, he could very well have a strong connection to the origin of Sarah. Thought I'd throw this out there to the Suikoden Speculation Community and see what you think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just have to throw my two cents in here. First of all, I think it's safe to infer that Simeon has no True Rune, just like Jeane, who he clearly knows. That brings us to the point of how they manage to live so long. Acheron, your theory of Simeon mastering Water Magic to cure aging doesn't hold water (no pun intended), because it doesn't explain Jeane. They have the same hair, they know each other, and they're ageless... we can infer that their methods of agelessness are the same, yet Jeane is clearly not a Water Mage.

However, I like your Sarah-Simeon theory. Perhaps reincarnation is the secret to Simeon and Jeane's agelessness? It's certainly doable in the Suikoden world, as Crowley and Magus have done it.

However, Simeon's "my appearance is no indicator of my age" comment would seem to suggest that he only has one body, but that that body simply does not age itself. My own pet theory is that Simeon and Jeane are the remnants of the Sindar, but I have no evidence whatsoever to support it. It's just sort of a gut feeling. :wink: Still, if there is any evidence for said theory, we very well may find it in this upcoming Suikoden V. Falena is the home to various Sindar ruins...
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Jeane and Simeon are in the same boat. I'm not fully aware of the connection between Simeon and Jeane but I think it may have been in passing. Perhaps to emphasize that Jeane's been around present at all the major events through time, behind the scenes.

I've always viewed Jeane as more of a Rune master whereas there are the others that master magic, which is slightly different. Anyone can attach a rune and start throwing spells around. Naturally the one who attaches them should know how to bring out their potential more so, like Jeane.

Opposingly, I think that there is also a study of Rune Theory, in essense, that people like Luc, Crowley, Mazus, Sarah, Warlock and Simeon study. Things out of spell books that runes don't really cover. Like summoning illusions and giant trees.

I think that both Simeon and Jeane being of the Sindar would be neat. This would support the "Sindar are immortal" theory that I've seen. Immortal and wandering of course. I'm curious as to how exactley they'll explain how they are Sindar and not wandering with everybody. O well, now we're delving into alot of crazy speculations tying together in farfetched ways. I still think that Simeon is healing his aging with Water Magic.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:

Suiko1- Crowley-Wind
Suiko2- Mazus-Lightning
Suiko3- SarahWater
Suiko4- WarlockWater and Earth but more so Earth I always thought
Tactics- SimeonWater

Simeon would be a perfect Chizen star for some future Suikoden game, assuming he does indeed live long enough to be around for Suikoden V or later.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those are definitely some interesting ideas!
Healing his ageing with water magic is a really neat concept.
I also had thought that Jeane and Simeon both were of the sindar, or mixed up in that somehow anyway.
I'd really love to see him return in another suikoden game. I was hoping for suikoden V, but I'm really starting to doubt it. We shall see, either way though, he needs another appearance for sure.

-My DeviantArt-
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aetherian wrote:
Hmm, I realize this is quite possibly way off base, but perhaps he and Jeane are actually related in some way? It might explain the hair as well as his comment about his appearance not showing his true age. Granted, he may simply be acting arrogant and saying that he's more mature and wise than other people. It would be nice to hear from either him or Kyril in one of the later games, perhaps even Suikoden V.

I can picture it now, "Hmm, I'm bored. I know, I'll make a dozen of ageless beauties, and spread them all over the world, but keep one close by."

Seriously, I don't think there is a connection. Remember, Simeon and Jeanne were in the same town IIRC. So it's really not that strange for them to know each other. If Simeon ever went to her Tavern of course, or maybe even bumped into each other in the street. Also, I think Simeon would be observant of Jeanne's magical powers. After all she has high magic stats. To me, it's something Simeon would just notice her one way or another.

We're not actually sure how old Simeon is so it's possible that he is around 100, but is using his magic to make himself look young. Or perhaps he managed to find a way of converting himself back to a youth, and remaining ageless.

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well i have another Speculation Maybe like Jeane there is a family or village of Simeons, or he just may be some kind of relative>.> JEane seems to know everyone
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It could be easily speculated that Jeane just knows everyone, haha or moreso, everyone just knows Jeane :P On what level, hey we'll let that sit.
I'd like to think there's more to it than that though. You jam two mysterious characters who only leave vague hints about who they are though and you're bound to end up with all kinds of theories. I'm not really sure is Jeane has anything to do with Simeon other than they're aquaintances really. She's already showing up in every game though. I'd really like to see them do something more with Simeon, it's set up so that they easily could do so. Here's to hoping anyhow.

-My DeviantArt-
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maybe Jenae and Simeon have been to a "Sorceror" school together, but they didn't notice each other....
so whenthey met again in Tactics, they kinda recognise each other.....
<just my thoughts though> :mrgreen:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: