Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

To Fellow Babylon 5 Fans.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: To Fellow Babylon 5 Fans..... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few days ago Richard Biggs died. Apparently he had a stroke or an annurisism. HE played Dr. Stephan Franklin on the Show for its entire Run. He was a young guy too around 40 or so. Anyway just wanted to let you 4 or so people that know who he is. He also played a doctor on a lifetime show. I dont remember the name but i'm sure he kicked ass in that role as he did in everything i've seen him in.

He's What Babylon 5 creator JMS had to say regarding his death

Subject: Today We Lost Richard Biggs
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:43:05 +0000 (UTC)
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated

I was awakened today with several phone calls from cast members and Doug to
pass along the terrible news that this morning, Richard Biggs passed away.

We're still gathering information, so take none of this as firm word, but what
seems to have happened, happened quickly. He woke up, got up out of bed...and
went down. The paramedics who showed up suggested it was either an aneurysm or
a massive stroke.

His family members have been informed, and all of the the cast have, as far as
we can determine, also been informed.

This is a terrible loss for all of us. Richard was a consummate professional
but more than that he was an honorable, stand-up guy. If he gave you his word
on something, you never had to wonder about it afterward. He was always
helpful and supportive of all the cast, even those who only came in for one
episode, always with a ready smile and determined to do whatever it took to
make the scene work. He was, quite simply, a terrific guy, and everyone here
is just devastated at the news.

More word as this develops. We may try to have some kind of fund raiser to
help give whatever assistance may be helpful for his kids.

We all miss him terribly.

jms

and a filimography http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0081863/

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*edited for antagonistic content* warning #1

do not criticize others on posting information related topics...
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While I'm not a Bablyon 5 fan, I'm sorry to hear of this actor's death. It seemed very sudden and he was very young; he should have had a lot of life left in him instead of being cut short like he was. :/ It is a sad story, and his family has my heartfelt condolences.

luc, while I agree with you that it won't exactly change my life that this fellow has died, I don't think it's pointless for people to mourn him. Clearly a lot of people liked him; just because this guy wasn't an A list actuary doesn't mean that his life was meaningless and that people shouldn't be able to talk about his life and/or death.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just because you didnt appreciate him or his acting ability Luc doesent mean he doesent have a strong following. In point of fact he did B5 fans's,days of our lives and all the other shows he did had plently of fans who will mourn his passing. It's not meant to make a huge impact on anyone but i know i will mourn him. Your lack of respect isnt appropiate.

Suikoden 5 didnt make me less of a fan; it restored my faith after the abomination that was suikoden 4.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'm sorry to hear that; i didn't watch babylon 5 much, but i do remember him from days... :cry:

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Note to whoever deleted my post; don't own up as it took me a while to post and I'm annoyed on the fact I have to retype it again*

I didn't say I had a lack of respect or didn't think he was talented but the point i'm saying is don't expect a wave of support; the guy was nothing to special to me; perhaps to you but I will just take no notice of it as its not part of my affairs. My affairs involve those I know and followed. I couldn't give proper respect anyway as I don't know him as I never made the effort to try, I only cared about the character potryed and not him; its unfortunate but what can you do but accept it? Had I made the effort to follow his career, know the actor side of him more than I would be more sorrowful because he would hadmeant somthing then as part of life was built in being a fan. But I'm not; i'm just a stranger and believe that such matters should only be for those who are either freinds, fans and family.

*second warning...mods/admins don't have to 'own up' to anything. violate a rule and action is taken, simple as that, as for deletion of posts without notice, this is solely up to the admin/mods, not you.*

-

Typically when a mod deletes your post, it's a good idea to ask yourself why they did so instead of just retyping it. - Soph
Eggith Cyrene

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If he was nothing special to you and you will not take notice as you say. Why even bother to post? I put the thread up on the chance thier might be a few b5 and/or rick biggs fans who would like to know. I wasent expecting anything out of it, just a notice.

Hajime Saitou

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats sad I will miss Richard Biggs big time he is my favorite human charcter on B5.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's always terrible to discover the passing of an actor whose work I have enjoyed. I have been a fan of Babylon 5 since I saw the pilot movie, and the DVDs have brought a renewed interest, but it's worse when someone dies so young. My thoughts and condolences go out to the family he left behind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: