Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been so long, I don't think I can remember any of the characters. I think my favorite was the person who came with "Excaliber" sword. I could be wrong though, but I think I that was him.

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
It has been so long, I don't think I can remember any of the characters. I think my favorite was the person who came with "Excaliber" sword. I could be wrong though, but I think I that was him.

That would be Orlando, who becomes the symbol for "ridiculously overpowering character that makes a game ridiculously easy" :D

Croix wrote:
Rheo, The games you said are ones I supremely dislike(cept' for Ragorak online basically because I never heard of it) and yes IMO cussing
does make a game cool

O well, what can I say? I guess you are missing out then :D

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite job would have to be a mixed Geomancer-Monk because they are just awesome. but in the GBA version of the game which i thought was neat i had a paladin-white mage
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the funnest jobs for me were Samurai, Ninja, and Monk. Monks tended to have the most power in my games and when it was combined with some of the ninja and samurai abilities, it became really fun to get into random fights. Oh, and the hunt ability from theives was cool too.

I haven't played the game in quite a while though. ( My PSII is still busted)
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa This game takes me back. I really enjoyed playing through almost every part of this game. Well yes it can get easy when you overpower a unit and you just get so damn powerful and can win battles with so much ease (I never minded though especially in random battles) but yeah overall this game was a great experience for me especially since I didn't used to have many Strategy/Tactical RPG's that I do these days. I would also like to see a new generation sequel of this game, although if it came out with graphics not much better than the original it would not overly bother me but I am sure it would annoy people who did not grow up with Role Playing Games that had the good old school graphics that alot of people know and love.

When it comes to the boredom factor I never really felt it because of my powerful team but then again I still didn't mind winning random battles at a fast and easy rate. Gotta say I loved this game a long time ago and still do to this day. I haven't really played much of the Gameboy Advance Final Fantasy Tactics though but from what I did I found it okay as I am easily impressed by pretty much any TRPG game I can get my hands on no matter what the fault (within reason I suppose).

I think it is understandable to comtemplate a new Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS2 due to the increase in Tactical RPG game populariy and sales (which I have mentioned elsewhere) so I can see a new game like this on the horizen, well I at least can hope can't I?
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Any one here think Algus was a total ass?
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yep quite a little *&%$. He he, but he gets his just rewards.
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He had his moments, though, I suppose. Moments to die!
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Any one here think Algus was a total ass?

Hmm. If he's the person that I thnk you're talking about, the first time you meet him, I repeatedly tried killing him-off with my own characters. :twisted:
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah he is the guy you meet pretty much near the start of the game at Mandalia Plains, and you have the choice to Kill all the Death Corps or save Algus. If you chose Kill the Death Corp, it would not effect the story line or the end of the battle if you did kill him so I guess that would be fun.

Did anyone here play or complete the deep dungeon? I never tried or bothered because I just wanted to get the game finished. I know it cannot be as long as Hell Gate in Tactics Ogre as that had 100 floors, but still I could not have bothered to do it.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Did anyone here play or complete the deep dungeon?

:? Deep Dungeon??? Is this still FF Tactics?
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah you can access it near the end of the game. When you have just defeated Ramza's brother you can go there from then on. You have to do the following:

-Go to Warjilis Tarde City: Here you will witness a conversation, and when you leave the town a new path will have opened up to another island. That is where the deep dungeon is.

I never could be bothered to do it however, and the enemies there are supposed to be really hard to defeat when compared to ones in random battles on the wolrd map like their levels can be way higher or something.

I think it was ten floors so it may take a while to complete so I have not competed it as yet (too lazy) but I have a save game 1/3 through somewhere, with a really strong team so I might play the deep dungeon the next time through...
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I'll have to check that out when I'm able to play it again. Sounds interesting (Actually it's rather irritating because I already thought that I got a perfect game).
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deep Dungeon monsters themselves aren't really *that* tough because with a strong team, you should be able to defeat any opponents. But what turns me off from trying to finish Deep Dungeon is the treasure-hunting, and the exit-hunting. Keep in mind that the "field" battle is totally pitch black, and the exit of the area (to continue to the next stage) is random (not sure whether totally random or random out of some possibilities). So it's annoying enough for me to not be bothered to finish that part.

Another downside of doing Deep Dungeon is that most likely by the time you finish that area, you'd be ridiculously too strong, making the last few story battles to be extremely easy. So it's quite a double-edged sword IMO.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The exit is placed randomly in one of only five spots on each floor, so if you use a FAQ (even if you're anti-FAQ checking every space on the field is just a waste of time) it's not really a problem. Also, the field can be lit somewhat if you let dead enemies turn into crystals, and even one is usually enough to give you a pretty good picture of its layout.

The last few story battles tend to be rather easy anyway. Even in the final stages the enemies are only around level 50. It's hard not to over-level unless you avoid random encounters all together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: