Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lorelai (SPOILERS)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah and one place from one of the pictures from Suikogaiden 2 with Killey and Lorelai in the Sindar ruins in Falena, lookslike the ruins in the Twilight Forest.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Suikogaiden 2 explains what happened

Okay see that's unfair, the scene should have been removed, and the bath scene should not be there either. Since the Gaidens were never released here we can't surmise what happened in them, and they apparently effect things in the other games. We never get the whole story.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I'd rather have half the story than none of it.

And I wouldn't want to lose that Bath scene with Lorelai, for it 'tis hilarious.

Though I really would like to know just *what* happened in Suikogaiden II. X_X

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Personally I'd rather have half the story than none of it.

See I disagree, you jump to way too many conclusions that way. If they showed a flash back, or explained it, it wouldn't be so bad. Viki is such a mystery as it is, this makes it worse.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well sophita is some what correct. having half the story is better than nothing at all. even though we didn't get the gaidens i don't think it would be right to leave out some parts in the suikoden games even though we don't understand it. but you are right of how they should explained it or at least done a flash back on it.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Tetsuwan Zero

6000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that Lorelai saying she is Sinder should COMPLETELY be brushed off as being a joke. I think she maybe wasnt joking, it should still be kept as a possibility.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why not? It's been confirmed that the line which throws the entire thing into doubt was tacked on in translation and did not exist in the original Japanese. The original Japanese has Lorelai blunty and clearly state: "It was a joke."

She was joking, lying, telling a falsehood for humourous purposes, engaging in deception in order to provide comic relief, dealing in untruths with an objective of lightening the mood, committing perjury in an attempt to illict smiles, misrepresenting her past in a manner most comical, whatever way you want to put it.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Zahak

Queen's knights

20981 Potch
44 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I agree, I think it's entirely safe to say, that she was just joking, but still.. thanks for answering my concerns whether or not she was joking and if there was any possible reason to speculate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: