Suikoden Unique and Irenic Keystone Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Prince of Falena Thread (An Opinion Topic with Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As his relationship with his parents, I hope someone could clarify to me as I'm not sure about it.

it's just like any other relationship with their parents. so there should be any thing to clarify. just two parents looking after their kids and trying to give them love.

Quote:
Next, I don't find any problem with him being in love with Lyon. Because, if Ferid can be with Arshtat, why can't both of them? Only the gossip-loving nobles woud ridicule this.

there is no problem with that, she is just his bodyguard after all, they arn't in any way relatred so it's fine for them to be together.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

haha when i first saw his design, i tot konami was on a quest to make their charas look...uhhh...androgynous...ever since IV, but after having played the game, i must say my opinion on the Prince has differed much. I like the way his character develops despite him being a silent character. In fact, all that's silent about him is him not having any official spoken lines. the rest of him is rather outspoken, if you ask me, which is more than I can say for previous suiko heroes (with the exception of III but then we all know about the deviation that is III). And I thought he had a nice smile. it made me all warm and fuzzy inside. he looks really kind when he does it. ^_^ and he may not be a walking and talking bunch of testerone but he sure come off as pretty darn masculine to me after having played him for some time, and he proved it through his actions, without having to try too hard (like most effeminate charas have to in order to prove their masculinity). this is a feat considering his design is more pretty than handsome *tho they mainly used 'handsome' and 'hottie' in the game >.<. i guess it's all in the body language. *shrug*

All in all, I really like this Tenkai. Like previous heroes, he's deserving of it but unlike previous heroes, he goes beyond deserving it. >.< My opinion, anyway.
humpa

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think anyone else can be with prince besides lyon, she's perfect for him, they also look so sweet together. I mean i can't see how prince and another girl would ever workout with lyon beside him at all the time unless they part their ways (however ending says she stays at his side forever :D )

Prince x Lyon forever!
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lmao, "he's quite a guy" comment regarding Belcoot is practically normal and not hinting wierd sexual orientations. It's just like if you see any guy who is good at playing football and had good personality, and you compliment him with the same thing. Does that make you gay? No.

Not to mention Salum wanted to marry the Prince with Luserina........

And besides, if you talk around with all male guards in the castle they would frown at you for having Lady Lyon, a hot mom and aunt and a sister who will be a bomb when she grows up.

The Prince is "pretty" is actually normal to some extent, especially if you spoke to Nifstara the night before you attack Sol-Falena, she would say something like Commander Shula is frighteningly beautiful/pretty when he was at the Prince's age, but then Shula grew up and he changed from pretty to attractive/good-looking/handsome. Nifstara said that the Prince would someday also grew from "pretty" into "attractive" or manly looking, and she regretted those facts lol, pretty-guy freak.

Besides the one that made him looked femine is just the character art, not the in-game animations. Although I have to agree that his last outfit is so ever-looking gay. His orange and chinese outfits suits him better.

Nevertheless if you want a bad-ass looking Prince, get the Good Ending with Lymslea, and I dare you to say that the Prince still look effiminate.

And the Prince should form his own harem with Lyon, Luserina and Miakis in the picture. All of them have hots for him...... :*laugh*:

j/k I think the Prince should go with Luserina......
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nameless Wanderer wrote:
I also don't understand why people hate on the Prince so much. Does he really look that much like a girl?

The problem here, is some were actually hoping for a female lead for this game. Think of it this way, if a guy sees the hero for the first time, and thinks it's a hot chick, don't you think they'd be upset when they find out it's a guy. After reading some topics with disappointed male gamers, it seems they were upset for being "tricked" I guess. Especially when they had high hopes of having a female lead for once. No doubt they were expecting a beautiful woman like Chris. So in response, they are mad about why the hero it isn't more obvious that the hero is a guy. Just so it's easier on them, to accept he is a guy, and not some chick. At least this is my thinking anyway.

As for the Prince acting feminine, I really don't see it. The way he smiles, is just an influence from Japanese animation. If you're annoyed by this, you might as well be annoyed with Marina swinging her arms, or Childrich(sp?) "bending" his body. To be honest, there really aren't many traits in the Prince's body language, that says to me "manly" or "girly". I think he acts about like your average hero. One who just wants justice done, and is trying to do the right thing. Nothing more. I really don't see his body language being much different from other RPG heros. He tilts his head when he's confused, just like the other guys.
Also, please keep in mind what you say. You never know if you offended someone by mistake. Especially if you try to use feminine as a negative term. Then wouldn't it be bad for girls to be considered "masculine"? I mean, Nikea is a fighter who seems to have a tough attitude. Would it be better if we just went into our proper gender roles? Then we have to question what is our proper gender roles.
His clothing may seem flamboyant, but also keep in mind the same can be said about the Queen's knight uniform. I mean, Oh my god, they wear bows on their backs. And Kyle, hey he has his hair up. He should just cut it. Gavaya, he wears a pony tail! And he bends over just by standing there. Obviously he's feminine too. Anyway, the point is you can pretty much label anything as being feminine. So it's probably not a good idea to use it as an excuse to not like the Prince.
Last, what is feminine here, is probably not feminine in Asia. Remember, they have a different culture then North America. So the Prince acting "feminine" to some, is probably normal to people in Japan. Especially if they want to portray him as the good, polite boy.
Please don't misunderstand me though, I don't think it's wrong to not like the Prince, since he doesn't meet your standards. Still, I think you should just be aware of these factors. Instead of blindly thinking, "I hate the Prince, he looks and acts ike girl." Not to mention posting it.

As for the dawn rune, it's actually pretty useful. If you want an offensive rune, give the hero the rage rune. I gave it to him early in the game, and managed to wipe out the enemy. The dawn helps get rid of stat affect, which is EXTREMELY uselful. Especially when you fight enemies which give you the bad stats. Not all the characters can wear the turtle rune. The Dawn rune can also bring people back to life, which I again found useful.
Soul Eater is still my favorite TR, but it would be unrealistic to think the dawn rune would be stronger spell-wise, then SE. Windy chased this rune for a reason. If these three runes were much stronger then SE, why bother chasing it? If Zerease can teleport in and out of places, I doubt it'd be hard for Windy. Also, I think it's better to have a variety of True runes, instead of all of them just having powerful magic spells.

Quote:
I doubt that when he will grow up, he will look still girly.

Well yes. I agree, I think he's still on the young side, but I still fail to see how he looks girly. If he was a girl, I'd honestly think he'd looked like a tomboy. When I first heard this game was going to be taken place in the Queendom, I did assume the hero was a girl. Still, I thought the hero seemed more like a guy to me, so I just assumed it was a girl with a flat chest, and more of a male look to her. Not uncommon. Then I found out it was a guy lol. Anyway, since Ferid is indeed his father, one would assume he'll grow up as big and tall as him.

BTW: Which voice did you people prefer? Voice A or Voice B. I like voice A personally, and stuck with it through the game. Voice B however, I thought was more believable, considering the Prince's age, and Roy's voice. Roy and the Prince sound too different, when he has voice A.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: