Suikoden United and Inspirational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Information on Godwin and Barrows *spoilers*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Information on Godwin and Barrows *spoilers* Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wondering if there is any additional information in regards to the Godwin and Barrows family tree? Here is what I've been able to compile so far:

Godwin History

Unknown Godwin: Queen Olhazeta, whose death sparked the "war of succession" between Princess Shahrewar and Queen Falzraham, was married to a Godwin, but his relation to the other Godwins and his name are unknown.

Mardas Godwin: Princess Shahrewar was married to Mardas. Mardas is the cousin of Marscal Godwin. He was assasinated by Nether Gate.

Marscal Godwin: Antagonist of Suikoden V is a widower, as his wife was killed by Nether Gate.

Rosalind Godwin: Dead wife of Marscal, killed by Dolph, who during the events of Suikoden V is under the employ of the Godwins.

Gizel Godwin: Son of Marscal, who in his short life became Commander of the Queen's Knights during the events of Suikoden V when he married Lymsleia.

Barrows History

Kauss Barrows: Was Queen Falzraham's husband, but was assasinated by Nether Gate during the "war of succession."

Salum Barrows: An antagonist of Suikoden V, he ended up being assasinated by Lady Sialeeds while she was under the employ of the Godwins.

Unknown Barrows: Wife of Salum, she became severely depressed and shut herself in her room after Nether Gate killed their eldest son.

Hiram Barrows: Eldest son of Salum, he was assasinated by Nether Gate.

Unknown Barrows: Salum's eldest daughter, she became sick and died.

Euram Barrows: Another antagonist of Suikoden V, he is the eccentric son of Salum Barrows. Depending on your actions, he redeems himself at the end of the game.

Luserina Barrows: Youngest daughter of Salum Barrows, she seemed to be the only one of them with a level head.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From the scenes at Euram's recruitment and investigations done by Oboro, it seems that Euram is inherently competent and good-natured, but eventually convinced himself that he was a fool after playing it so long for the benefit of his mother.

And just for the hell of it, add that Salum and Luserina like to put salt on cake.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Konami's official "family tree" of all chararacters ends at Olhazeta. It doesn't list her husband or anything, so they didn't go that far into the past. At least, we know nothing about all the queens in between Queen Khorshed, Queen Elmelark, and Queen Olhazeta.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's odd that they'd list the Queens and just leave the husbands as ???. I mean, it's not as if they play any role whatsoever in the game, so if you're listing them, just put everyone else from that generation.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I wonder if they will release another publication later with that information. Did they at least give Salum Barrows' wife a name? It seems kind of funny to leave a character that is alive at the time of Suikoden V nameless.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I know, she's nameless.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
From the scenes at Euram's recruitment and investigations done by Oboro, it seems that Euram is inherently competent and good-natured, but eventually convinced himself that he was a fool after playing it so long for the benefit of his mother.

And just for the hell of it, add that Salum and Luserina like to put salt on cake.

I always kind of thought that Euram's "Oh, I'm a foppish and vaguely effeminate weirdo who likes frills a little too much" bit was perhaps laid on too thickly, and he realizes he's basically a worthless PoS a bit too quickly. I never thought to have Oboro investigate him, unfortunately.

I would also think that Salum had something to do with Euram's behavior, though, since Euram figures so prominently in a lot of Salum's plans. Perhaps after the death of their eldest son, Salum spent a lot of time drilling in to him how important it was that he not come to harm, because then the Barows family name would end with him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: