Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Humour] 10¢ a Minute
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, that is quite humorous though! :D

Interesting about the whole "hang up and your number is taken off the list." I don't particularly believe it though since AT&T and Citibank, in particular, used to call me every other day even though I'd hang up and say I wasn't interested. =\ I even talked to the same telemarketer three times in one month... If I was still in Brooklyn and had my phone connected I bet they would continue calling. >P

Rebel of Babylon

1133304 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: "Dubya Orders Ribs" Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This one I found on dubyaspeak.com, though the only name in the exchange was that of "Dubya" himself, though he mentions a "Stretch" several times, so I'm going to assume that's who he was conversing with. I love this one because it's so nonsensical.

DUBYA ORDERS RIBS
Nothin' Fancy Cafe
Roswell, New Mexico
Jan. 22, 2004

DUBYA: "I need some ribs."

"STRETCH": "Mr. President, how are you?"

DUBYA: "I'm hungry and I'm going to order some ribs."

"STRETCH": "What would you like?"

DUBYA: "Whatever you think I'd like."

"STRETCH": "Sir, on homeland security, critics would say you simply haven't spent enough to keep the country secure."

DUBYA: "My job is to secure the homeland and that's exactly what we're going to do. But I'm here to take somebody's order. That would be you, Stretch -- what would you like? Put some of your high-priced money right here to try to help the local economy. You get paid a lot of money, you ought to be buying some food here. It's part of how the economy grows. You've got plenty of money in your pocket, and when you spend it, it drives the economy forward. So what would you like to eat?"

"STRETCH": "Right behind you, whatever you order."

DUBYA: "I'm ordering ribs. David, do you need a rib?"

"STRETCH": "But Mr. President --"

DUBYA: "Stretch, thank you, this is not a press conference. This is my chance to help this lady put some money in her pocket. Let me explain how the economy works. When you spend money to buy food it helps this lady's business. It makes it more likely somebody is going to find work. So instead of asking questions, answer mine: are you going to buy some food?"

"STRETCH": "Yes."

DUBYA: "Okay, good. What would you like?"

"STRETCH": "Ribs."

DUBYA: "Ribs? Good. Let's order up some ribs."

"STRETCH": "What do you think of the democratic field, sir?"

DUBYA: "See, his job is to ask questions, he thinks my job is to answer every question he asks. I'm here to help this restaurant by buying some food. Terry, would you like something?"

"TERRY": "An answer."

"STRETCH": "Can we buy some questions?"

DUBYA: "Obviously these people -- they make a lot of money and they're not going to spend much. I'm not saying they're overpaid, they're just not spending any money."

"STRETCH": "Do you think it's all going to come down to national security, sir, this election?"

DUBYA: "One of the things David does, he asks a lot of questions, and they're good, generally."

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahh wonderfull! somone should of turned that into a moving skit...even if It did happen, it will save scripted comidy.

now, for me......we(husehould of 3) have the same damn problem, only Sprint would call somtimes twice a day, when I'm home for reasons I'd get them at, lets say 1:00 am.....maybe then 7:20 pm....then the next day.

I think I used the "but I have a phone alredy" thing on them, acctuallt I did that to a woman asking if we want windows (the glass kind) I tell her "I have windows alredy, it keeps the air out" (i ment to say somthing else but it came as you read it)

then, we have the bloddyvampires, my stepdad has a rare blood type, on a good week the'll only call a total of 3 times...but somtimes the'll call twice a day, then 3 times....once......dear god.....*smacks self* and to think, you give it away, they sell it else where and when "your neighbor" needs the blood, like eveything else they have to buy it. "give blood save a neighbor" me? I weigh 90 lbs.....so when they heckle me "are you a doner?" I tell them "I neEd ThE bLoOd!"
--------

I don't know whats funnier, the actualy story or your replies.......

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i am lucky my phone # isnt in the phone book and we dont pick the phone up until the answering machine goes on . but i think ill do that the next time my grandma gets a tele marketer and im at her house ill probably say to my grandma can i mess with him ........but would someone be a telemarketer if they call and say you win a free trip or something thats said is free cuase people like that call.
i messed with my great grandma 1 nce i have 2 phone # 's so while she was in the kitchen i'd call the kithcen phone and pretend some little girl is llost or something called and is growling on the phone it was hard not to luagh but once i was done i said what was that some kid pranking us
my mother found out later and i got in trouble
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: