Suikoden Unique and Illusional Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Time gap between IV and V (MAJOR spoilers unmarked)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing is, Lazlo was important during the game itself. He did things then. Lino did things during the game and CONTINUED to do things for many, many years afterwards, becoming head of the Island Nations Federation and providing leadership and stability to the region. Looking at it from the long-term, who do people remember more?
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kaka_Koshi wrote:
Either way I don't think Lazlo would care if people forgot about him as most of the Heroes just wander away without a regret.

Anyway since he isn't in the punishment phase of the RoP anymore, he could pretty much decimate anyone and anything without hurting himself. Although memories from the rune may torment him if that even happens. Who knows >.>

I would expect that Lazlo is alive and well even after Suikoden III.

Well unless someone actually targets him to take the rune from him atleast like Windy did to Ted. Or Luc did to Hugo, Chris, Geddoe, and Sasari.

It woudl be kind of cool to see his Cameo in a later Suikoden....Lazlo with a better Character model making him look cool >.>

I doubt Windy would take it from Lazlo. That would be the biggest mistake anyone could make, the run would eat her alive and leave nothing left. Lazlo must stay alive forever with the burden of the rune. I guess he's hiding to make sure he doesn't die so the rune can't transfer. But yea, why the hell was Flare mentioned as a hero... She didn't have too big of a role in Suikoden IV.

Anyways I'm just really curious to how Lazlo is doing after so many years. I want to know what hes been doing for 150 years, Suikoden VI better have him as a cameo so I can find out what he's been up to.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
But yea, why the hell was Flare mentioned as a hero... She didn't have too big of a role in Suikoden IV.

Precisely my point.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't Flare serve on a patrol ship protecting the seas from pirates? And wouldn't she inevitably have come into contact with Brandeau at some point? The puppet show that Chisato performs shows the two fight a little bit, then Brandeau runs off, and Flare vows to chase him down (or something like that).

I don't think Chisato is re-writing history saying that Flare now bears the Rune of Punishment.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Kaka_Koshi

Pheonix

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Skooboi wrote:
Kaka_Koshi wrote:
Either way I don't think Lazlo would care if people forgot about him as most of the Heroes just wander away without a regret.

Anyway since he isn't in the punishment phase of the RoP anymore, he could pretty much decimate anyone and anything without hurting himself. Although memories from the rune may torment him if that even happens. Who knows >.>

I would expect that Lazlo is alive and well even after Suikoden III.

Well unless someone actually targets him to take the rune from him atleast like Windy did to Ted. Or Luc did to Hugo, Chris, Geddoe, and Sasari.

It woudl be kind of cool to see his Cameo in a later Suikoden....Lazlo with a better Character model making him look cool >.>

I doubt Windy would take it from Lazlo. That would be the biggest mistake anyone could make, the run would eat her alive and leave nothing left. Lazlo must stay alive forever with the burden of the rune. I guess he's hiding to make sure he doesn't die so the rune can't transfer. But yea, why the hell was Flare mentioned as a hero... She didn't have too big of a role in Suikoden IV.

Anyways I'm just really curious to how Lazlo is doing after so many years. I want to know what hes been doing for 150 years, Suikoden VI better have him as a cameo so I can find out what he's been up to.

You misunderstood my statement. It reads... "Well unless someone actually targets him to take the rune from him atleast like Windy did to Ted. "

Im not saying she would, but that IF SOMEONE were to do what she did to Ted....
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Umm, I actually think Lazlo is dead during Suiokden V.

I mean, first of all, you get a piece of the Rune of Punishment. This means that Lazlo must've lost a battle sometime, the Rune came off, and someone broke it. Or maybe he broke it, and bears half of it. He can still live like that, à la Leeknat and Windy. Or maybe, like Ted, he lost it for a little while, and when trying to retrieve it, it broke? I dunno, but I still think he's dead. :/

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh? Are you talking about the Rune of Condemnation? I think that's considered a "child" rune under the Rune of Punishment. It's the same thing as how the Darkness Rune falls under the Soul Eater; all the element runes fall under their respective True Runes; etc. It's not really a piece of the Rune, just a Rune that falls within its domain.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't blame it on the people of the Island Nations for not remembering Lazlo blame it on Konami for not letting Lazlo talk!
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Didn't Flare serve on a patrol ship protecting the seas from pirates? And wouldn't she inevitably have come into contact with Brandeau at some point? The puppet show that Chisato performs shows the two fight a little bit, then Brandeau runs off, and Flare vows to chase him down (or something like that).

I don't think Chisato is re-writing history saying that Flare now bears the Rune of Punishment.

I thought the exact same thing you did. Never did she mention Flare defeating Brandeau and obtaining the Rune of Punishment. At the end of the puppet show Brandeau vows to use his true power the next time they meet. Chisato proably just made the story up for the heck of it because both people happen to be very well known historical figures in the region(even the kids seem to know who they were).
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another thought that crossed my mind: the island you meet Chisato on has a good portion of Falenans on it, doesn't it? A female hero figure could appeal more to the crowd. I mean, you have to know your audience.

And, barring that, Flare had at least an iota of personality, putting her way beyond Lazlo in terms of likeability.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really don't think that a female hero would appeal to the crowd any more than a male one. The only females that seem to hold sway over anything in Falena are those of the Royal family. Luserina isn't even above her younger brother, Euram, in line of succession to the Barrows Estate despite the fact she has proven herself to be the most competent member of the household again and again.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because Euram can hypothetically marry Lysmsleia, while Luserina cannot (even though it would be ZOMG the HOTNESS!!!!) so putting Euram at the head of the family makes much more sense.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, what does any of this have to do with the time gap? LOL

Here's my thoughts on the matter. Before Suikoden IV took place and Lazlo bore the Rune of Punishment, Brandeau was a pirate who got very well known in the Island nations region. As we saw in Suikoden Tactics he was quite formidable. A pirate doesn't become renowned overnight, he has to gain a reputation of being good at piracy and such. Its not out of the realm of possibilities that Brandeau tried to pirate Obel ships, and we know by Flare's personality that she liked being active in the defense of Obel. Again, not out of the realm of possibility that she was on board one of the ships that Brandeau attempted to hijack. Perhaps the loss to Flare was celebrated in Obel very much and passed down as a story of heroism.

So, why would Chisato choose to do this story over the Lazlo story of Suikoden IV? Because we all know that story and Konami wanted us to get a bit more knowledge of Suikoden IV inside Suikoden V. Also, think about it this way. Nirva Island is known (at least the events that transpire there in V) to be often under seige of pirates. Teaching the children of the island that beating pirates is good is a much more useful moral story than telling them how some kid saved a country.

Another train of thought is that this show is meant for a younger audience so having a more in depth story like Lazlo vs. Brandeau and the Rune of Punishment might be a bit over their heads. Also, I like the hypothesis someone gave about Chisato not being able to do Lazlo's voice because well, he never really had one.

And on subject, the events of Suikoden V take place around 150 years after Suikoden IV.

As far as whether Lazlo is alive or not, there is no proof of either life or death post Suikoden Tactics. However I am led to beleive the Rune of Punishment eventually kills its owner so he's most likely not living. But perhaps the hypothesis that he "Mastered" the rune and is now immune to its killing effects allows him life. Or something like that. Until Konami says if he's alive or dead, we'll never truly know.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: