Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Andarc is the Time-Travelling Love-Child of Camus and Miklotov

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Andarc is the Time-Travelling Love-Child of Camus and Miklot Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First, before everyone gets in a tiff, I'm trying to submit this to the Speculation Shelter. This is by no means meant to be taken seriously. Second, this short essay contains no Rhapsodia spoilers.

---------------------------------------------
1. Introduction
Fans of the Genso Suikoden series were frustrated with Suikoden IV taking place over 150 years before the rest of the series. Characters they had grown to love were nowhere to be found, and the few that did return were either ageless or extremely vague. However, with the release of Suiikoden Tactics, the direct sequel to Suikoden IV, it became evident that there was a clear relation between a two popular chatacters of Suikoden II and another prominent figure in Rhapsodia. That character is none other than Andarc Bergman: the story's narrator, Kyril's guardian, and the child of Matilda knights Camus and Miklotov. Some may scoff at this outrageous theory, saying, "Go write a fan-fiction," or, "You stupid yaoi freak," or, "Give me your lunch money, twerp." However, I will justify, using solid evidence, that Andarc is the Time-Travelling Love-Child of Camus and Miklotov.

2. The Attitude
Miklotov, as a knight, was known for his hot-tempered demeanor and his unnerring sense of justice. Clearly, he would later inspire that same sense of justice in his children. Andarc is similarly marked by his devotion to Kyril, after a certain incident where Andarc's protectiveness caused an irreperable tragedy. At the same time, Camus grew up in Camaro, where he was educated at the best schools in the Nameless Lands. Again, Andarc is known for his excellent schooling in the Scarlet Moon Empire, which reflected one of his fathers' knowledge.

3. The Skills
Andarc is a mage, yet he doesn't wield a typical mage weapon. Instead of a staff, he fights with a bladed staff that resembles a halberd or a poleaxe. He also knows many martial skills that a normal mage would not. If his parents were both skilled in combat, surely they would teach Andarc a thing or two.

4. The Hair
Just look at Andarc and Miklotov. Come on! No self-respecting person would ever wear their hair like that. Unless, of course, it's a hereditary trait.

5. Rebuttal
The most prominent argument against my theory is the time seperating these three. According to records, Andarc was born at least 150 years before Camus and Miklotov. How could he possibly be their child? The answer can be found in a recurring Suikoden character: the teleportress Viki. She is known to have involuntarily travelled through time on several occasions. Perhaps, after the events in Suikoden III, she also accidentally transported Andarc 150 years into the past. For Andarc's story of originating in the Scarlet Moon Empire, he would have had to be living in the Toran Republic at the time, which is entirely possible.

The most obvious argument is the fact that Camus and Miklotov are both men, and are incapable of reproduction with eachother. The world of Suikoden, though, is one of magic. If Yuber could summon 10,000 monsters from the abyss, why couldn't Camus and Miklotov have a child together? Furthermore, the prevalence of CamusxMiklotov fan-fictions on the internet indicate that these two, like all Chiki and Chimou Stars, should be a couple. One thousand sqeualing yaoi fangirls can't be wrong.

6. Conclusion
As you can see, there is a large amount of evidence pointing towards the fact that Andarc is the child of Camus and Miklotov, having been thrown 150 years into the past. Being seperated from one's parents must be a truly tragic event. Andarc remembered this when watching over Kyril, who had also been bereft of his parents.

The only other explanation is that Andarc is actually Pesmerga.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Andarc is the Time-Travelling Love-Child of Camus and Mi Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doc, Doc, Doc - Here I was, all willing to build a religion and prosetlyze for you, when I got to this point and realized the critical flaw in your proof:

Quote:
4. The Hair
Just look at Andarc and Miklotov. Come on! No self-respecting person would ever wear their hair like that. Unless, of course, it's a hereditary trait.

See, judging by the amount of Good Hair in Suikoden, I think we can clearly see Good Hair is the dominant gene - making The Hair recessive.

Now see the problem is Camus has good hair.

Therefore, Camus cannot be the baby's manmama, because Andarc would require a Bad Hair/Bad Hair combination for the gene to sruface.

However, there's another blond in Suikoden with bad hair. And that man is Salome.

Think about it - Salome travels a lot; he doesn't have a canon love interest, and certainly he and Miklotov could find themselves commiserating about their experiences as knights for their respective governments.

He's also good at magic and attacking, making a jack of all trades, just like Andarc, wheras Camus focuses more on attack than magic.

Ergo, Salome is Andarc's manmomma, not Camus.

Heck, just look at this picture proof:

HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THE RESEMBLENCE??[/img]

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DocFrance

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a valid point, as well as some absolutely terrifying hair. However, if I recall my biology correctly...

If we consider the gene for hair quality to be H (dominant good hair) or h (recessive bad hair), then we have several possibilities. In order for Miklotov to have bad hair, he would have to have the allele hh. Camus, on the other hand, because bad hair is recessive, could have either HH or Hh.

In the case that Camus has the allele HH, then the possible results for their offspring are HH and Hh. In this case, Andarc would have to have good hair. However, in the second case, the possible results would be Hh and hh. Therefore, if Camus has dominant-recessive good hair, then his and Miklotov's offspring could easily have bad hair.

Furthermore, Salome and Miklotov are primarily water-oriented. I find it hard to believe that their child would be lightning-innate, since lightning is the bane of water.

Also consider that, while you say that Camus focuses primarily on physical strength, he was born with a rage rune.
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I say, this is a very interesting theory, if biologically impossible. This should definitely go into the Speculation Shelter. There hasn't been a new speculation there for quite some time...
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Curious, very curious. I also support for this theory to be put in the Speculation Shelter, though. For the reproduction argument, you may also want to make reference to Alma Kinan (or that lost village of men Estella mentioned).

You need to remove the...
DocFrance wrote:
One thousand sqeualing yaoi fangirls can't be wrong.

... argument, though, because it would be the bane of your theory.

Last edited by Scrooge McDuck on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I disagree, good sir. Andarc is not intelligent, skilled, or cool enough to be the offspring of Camus and Miklotov.

Perhaps Jowy and Borus.

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lol very weird topic, I'm surprised you put this much thought into it though hehehee.
I have to agree with Blackjack though, I actually like Miklotov and Camus.. Andarc on the other hand.. Hey! Perhaps they asked Viki to take him away! That may put it more into perspective for me hehehe.

-My DeviantArt-
Nekomancer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not going to touch on most of this because it hurts my mind. I will say that while DocFrance has his/her genetics correct, I feel compelled to defend Salome and Miklotov. (Though you know, I guess that makes Miklotov's monkey ears to be most likely a recessive trait.) I quite frankly don't see what's wrong with their hair. In fact I hapen to love Miklotov's haircut. It's adorable in a geeky kind of way.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miklotov must be Andarc's father, but I have a different take on his mother.

Well there is evidence to disprove Salome being the manmomma. Salome's office is on the second floor of Brass Castle, meaning he has to travel up and down staors by himself often adn with ease. Andarc, as anyone who has played Rhapsodia's Obel Ruins fifth floor can tell you, cannot climb stairs. At all.

What does this mean? What other being cannot go down stairs? Thats right, cows! So it logically follows that Andarc's inability to go up or down stairs means his mother was a cow. And where do Miklotov have access to cows? That;s right! Yuzu's farm.

THis would mean that Andarc is also a minotaur, although he is very skilled at hiding it. He is also Hugo's father and Pesmerga. :wink:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: