Suikoden United and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Badeaux, Hugo's father
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

halberdier wrote:
Again, Hugo can't be Hugo's father ( :shock: Woah... *blinks*... Seeing double...)

Hugo's hair is yellow, which still would not match up to Hugo's tuff of black hair... Hugo's father can only be a person of black hair, which thus cancels out Hugo...

Hopefully, it doesn't sound TOO confusing...

Not always. I have a parent with black hair and a parent with brown hair. I have red hair. Thus, the hair color fact can't rule out Hugo being Hugo's father.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except for the fact that the black portion of Hugo's hair is directly stated by Suikoden II and III character designer Fumi Ishikawa to be a legacy of his father who also had black hair.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How did I miss that? Where does it say that? I've played Suikoden III many times and I haven't seen much about Hugo's dad. :oops:
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Look at the editorial again. It says flat out that that is what she said about the character design. Clearly, this has come from one of the many publications about the series that are only published in Japanese and that we only have access to when translated by someone like SARS.

As for the rest... do we actually know, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that Lucia had no contact with the Highlanders prior to her arrival on the scene in the game? Could she not already have been coming to Highland before the assassination attempt? No reason she might not have taken a lover prior to the beginning of the war, even.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is all very interesting. Blue Thunder's Qlon theory being the funniest thing I've read in a few days. i spoke with Scarlet on AIM a while back and we discussed who we thought was Hugo's father and she presented a good argument for Luca. I don't know all the history behind all the charaters so I was misinformed by him. sacrlet never mentioned the "nice guy" thing. All he said was Black hair and the time frame etc etc as you can read on his posts.

Harukaze presented the Han Cunningham pretty darn well, but the recent mathematical gestation period of a Suikoden female puts a spin on things. If the gestation period is 12.5 months (that'd be the basic minimum given the Jillia case) the timeframe in which anyone can impregnate Lucia goes to before the war.

It said it was someone whom we've met before in the Suikoden series. Where does it say we met him in Suiko II? Its well known that people travel all over the place. Could there be a black haired person who traveled to Grasslands, Highland or Harmonia from Suikoden I? I know that Mose and the other blacksmiths liked to travel abroad. Could it be one of them? It never conclusively said Barbarossa died after his leap. Could he have come to his senses, realized Windy was truly evil and that he shamed his country, fled to Highland or Grasslands where his face was unreckognized and had a trist with Lucia? Anything can be said, we just have to wait or speculate..

Of all the theories said I think that Han Cunningham is the most ideal. He fits the bill, and his history with Genkaku shows he's a nice and honorable man. Traits that can be seen in Hugo. The whole longer gestation thing can be worked around. Do you think that one day Lucia was like, "Today I'm gonna avenge my father's death.. do de doo, hi there highland i'm gonna help you, I'll kill theresa Wisemail and Riou". Not likely. There was probably a long period of talks between highland officials and Lucia to get the ball rolling on her revenge. This gives ample time for Han to buddy up to Lucia. His death to Riou would explain why we never see or hear of him in Suikoden III.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The fact that Han Cunningham was an honorable man actually what makes me think that he can't be Hugo's father. He was a man of honor and it is doubtful for me to think that he'd mix business with pleasure.

Then the age factor. Han Cunningham was born in IS 396 while Lucia was born in IS 439. There's a 47 year gap between them. Now I know that if Demi Moore can date Ashton Kutcher, then why can't Han dated Lucia? But in a sense, Han was an honorable man, and I doubt that he'd date someone who was around 1/3 of his own age.

Quote:
There was probably a long period of talks between highland officials and Lucia to get the ball rolling on her revenge. This gives ample time for Han to buddy up to Lucia.

I might be wrong here, but if I'm not mistaken, Lucia was sort of "recruited" by Jowy himself, and Han's duty was to guard L'Renouille instead of going out travelling trying to recruit other people to join Highland's Army.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Rogue

Rogue

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I once posted a whole list of possible canidates for Hugo's dad on another forum. I don't know if it'd be okay for me to post it here, too.

Anyway, a few candidates were

1. Shin
2. Morgan
3. Sydonia
4. Pesmerga
5. Fu Su Lu

I don't really have evidence for either character other than "they traveled places" or "we only saw them in S1 so who knows" but you never know. *shrugs*
Erinyes

Zephyr Quill

7589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's actually possible but I doubt a man who had devoted himself to beasts and nature would even marry..... :? couldn't imagine the two of them doing "it" and so I put this theory into my trashcan
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

im da papy
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

now that's what i call a $h!t post :roll:

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I take it you never seen the movie "Life"
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Rogue wrote:
5. Fu Su Lu

Um, how did Fu Su Lu become a candidate? I can't imagine him being a father.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1Rune2RuleThemAll wrote:
I take it you never seen the movie "Life"

how does saying "i'm da papy" have to do with the topic. it doesn't mention any thing about bandeaux now does it. plus you spelt papi wrong :P

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Skooboi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

WIND wrote:
Scarlet assassin wrote:
The only problem with this theory is the lack of window of opportunity. Lucia was recruited directly from Karaya, to aid Highland. I don't hink she would've had time to stop have go at it with some random animal trainer on her way through. It's more likely that it was someone she was exposed to for a long period of time, such as Luca Blight (sorry, I'm still of the opinion that Luca is Hugo's father.) Now, given that we don't know if she stopped off with Badeaux, it's a perfectly possible theory, however it's highly unlikely. Also, Badeaux does not look very Karayan to me, I believe that the hint "He is no longer a member of, or in the Karaya clan" was given to subdue the legions of "Wyatt (or Beechum)/Lucia = Hugo" fans.

As far as my opinion goes (which is not very far probably) Luca Blight is Hugo's father. He had ample opportunity to sway Lucia into his chambers using his very obvious underhanded tactics, he has black hair, he has a strange affinity to fire (which could manifest itself in his son, who has a perfect affinity for fire. If you need proof of this sort of thing, look at Wyatt and Chris.) His unnatural skill, strength, and bravery could also be genetic, and while Lucia possesses all of these traits, I am still under the impression that Luca is Hugo's father. Either him or Pesmerga.

Perhaps Badeaux was part of some other tribe of the Grassland that has been wiped out or he could be a banished Karaya, but we can never know.

As for the Luca Blight thing, not likey.

First off it says he that Hugo's father was a kind man and i'm pretty sure that Luca was quite the opposite.

Second, Lucia is NOT stupid enough to fall for any tricks of Luca, she's quite wise.

Third, just because Luca had a thing for fire doesn't mean he's Hugo's father. Gameplay wise, Hugo was so so at fire(also Chris wasn't the great at the water rune either), if he was like Luca he would be much better at it(plus Luca used fire because it's one of the top destructive elements and easiest to use and terrorize with). Story wise you are the one that picks the FC, although Hugo is quite a good choice(Geddoe being the holder of the true lightning rune from the begining and Chris having had a direct link to it from her dad) you are the one to pick the FC. The manga shows that Hugo is the FC but what the story really follows is your choice(even though in future games that tell the story of this war, hugo will be the FC because he fits perfectly for it, he is the only true Grasslander of the three). But just because the "father" has a likeness for it means nothing, he is chosen for it because it is more of his right than the others, he is more Grasslander than any of the three. and even though all signs point to hugo being the FC, you are ultimatly the one to pick who's who.

Luca, though quite strong and brave was insane. we see none of his insanity in Hugo, no intense hate or anything to attribute to Luca.

and as for Pesmerga,no

Well Lucia was fighting alongside Luca Blight. So her opinion on "justice" is different from our point of view. She wanted Luca Blight to succeed so by describing him as a kind man makes sense. We don't even know much of what went on Luca Blight's camp as we only saw things from Riou's view. I saw insanity in Hugo after his friend died, the look on his eyes. I'm quite certain that Luca Blight is his father, why would anyone else have left Lucia. It fits in well time-wise and seems to answer questions that have arisen.
1Rune2RuleThemAll

270 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Well Lucia was fighting alongside Luca Blight. So her opinion on "justice" is different from our point of view. She wanted Luca Blight to succeed so by describing him as a kind man makes sense. We don't even know much of what went on Luca Blight's camp as we only saw things from Riou's view. I saw insanity in Hugo after his friend died, the look on his eyes. I'm quite certain that Luca Blight is his father, why would anyone else have left Lucia. It fits in well time-wise and seems to answer questions that have arisen.

Luca was already dead when Lucia came on the scene, she was working for Jowy, who was the King by the time she got involved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: