Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Who else has a Suikoden Marathon tradition?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually... don't do that. I don't really have the time with all my schoolwork and my part-time job. But I might try sooner or later.
I don't know in what order I should play, though. Should I go in chronological order, or just real order? xD If I go in chronological order, things might make more sense to me, and if I go in the real order I'll get the saves at the end. But I'll have to play IV first if I go in chronological order. Nuuu~! xD Kidding. I loved IV. >_>

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Peace Maker

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It have been a habit of mine to start a suikoden marathon from the beginning f the summer every year when i have to start from suikoden 1 untell Suikoden 4 but this year i'll start from 1 to 5 it's great to have Suikoden 5 coming so soon than it usually does (Q3 of the year) .

Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whenever a new game comes out, I try to play through the marathon, but I never get far. I've beated S1 more times than I care to count over the years, but it's usually a struggle for me to motivate myself to get through the Great Forest/Kirkis/Kwanda/Pannu Yakuta stuff. After that I can breeze through the game, but I usually abandon playing around there. SII I have a save game (with uploaded data) around the Highland Garrison recon, and I have my database-builder file going, but SII has such a long time before you get your castle (and waaaay to much tutorial in the major battles) that I sputter out around this part, too. I have oodles of leveling up to complete my stat database for SII, so I don't want to burn myself out on the game since it is such a good game. I don't want to overload myself and no want to play it anymore. SIII I don;t want to start unless I can get a save file, so that's where I am with that.

Total number of times beaten:
S1 - too many to count, probably 20-25
S2 - about 10
S3 - 2
S4 - 1
Rhapsodia - 1

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never done a Suikoden Marathon, but I did beat FFs VII, VIII, IX, X, Tactics, then Tactics advanced in order once.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just don't have the time to play them all before a new game comes out. Basically I just sort of cycle through things. I do intend to play suikoden IV again, as I've only played it once and I want a new save with the right hero name. I enjoyed tactics so I was hoping that may improve the overall quality of it for me. I have a suikoden II and a suikoden III save that I've been working on. In III I have everything complete and a nice rune bank, stalked the treasure bosses for my element rings and dream robe and really now I'm just playing around with maxing everyones skills, I'm weird. I have a perfect save in progress for tactics, nearing the end on that as well.. again, maxing all skills, probably all levels too eventually. I'm about due for another suikoden I run, but I did play it last year so I'm not too far behind. Playing around with a suikoden II save off and on though.

Before V is released I may start a new IV game, but if not I'll just pick up on one of the others I have started and complete it or something. What time permits really :D

-My DeviantArt-
Neiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't really think it's that necessary... especially since it's behind in the timeline. I already have perfect/completed gamesaves. I think it would spoil the series for me if I played thru the games everytime a new one came out.
HOTACTIONDAN

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i started to do another marathon but i have failed i finished both 1 and 2 and got half way done with 3 but now 5 comes out soon and i wont have time to finish 3 and 4 im kinda bummed about that but thats what i get for pour planning :) oh well ill try to finish them after i play 5 :mrgreen:
Dr. Chaos

13694 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did this for Suikoden Tactics and the lasting power of these games still amazes me.

Suikoden still has some of the best music I've heard in an RPG and easily surpasses the other games in that department.

Suikoden II surpassed it's prequel in everything other than sound and still has one of the best rosters of fighters and teammates in the series.

Suikoden III is still just as deep as I remember though I do consider it the least replayable out of the bunch.

For me, while Suikoden IV is the weak link in the series, it does retain more of that quick pick up and play replayability that was missing in Suikoden III.

I can still see myself coming back to and replaying these games for many years to come. I did want to try to see how fast I could get through the first two games before the release date of Suikoden V but SH: FTNW has been keeping me surprisingly busy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: