Suikoden Unique and Informational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lazlo proof
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm too obsessed with facts my self, and what is considered truth, way too much perhaps...

I would normally never bring my self to call someone by a make-up name, but alas, I sometimes have no choice (like here), the Hero's are known in the community with their Novel names, I suppose is better wording than Hero4/IV...

If you noticed I still try to go by the Hero# name, but as I had said elsewhere before, if Konami plans to make a final game with all the Hero's present then they have to come up with a name for them, you can't pretend to "be" all of them, if they ever come to an official name I'm 75% certain they will go with the Novel names.

The wisest thing to do is call them by their novel names for our convenience and hope for an official one in the future, I know I do...
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would really like to know what his name was originially. Before he became Lazlo, or Razlo, or Dennis, or Bowlcut. With siblings like Flare and a father named Linol he would be bound to have a cool name. Like Ralph...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ralph en kuldes, has a nice ring to it. I doubt we will ever find out, it has never (to the best of my knowledge) been made offical by konami that they are related, though in my oppinion it becomes pretty damn obvious, look at Lazlo and Flares eyes, its spooky...
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really wish Konami would give some default names, but allow you to change them. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time did the whole "naming" thing the best out of the entire genre IMO. Every character has a first and last name, which are all spoken every time. However, you are still able to change the names, it's just that the old names will be spoken (which really isn't that big of a deal, because most people probably didn't even rename the characters). One of my pet peeves is when RPGs with voice acting leave blanks for the hero's name. Either give a default name, don't say his name at all (FFX did this extremely well, I barely even noticed the first time I played the game), or use a title (which is what Konami might be doing this time, using pronouns like Prince or Your Highness so that they can actualy be spoken).

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What, his name is Laz-LO?

I looked up his name on this forum when I started the game and named him "Lazio" with an i. Damn Roman alphabet.
Felipe

Intelligent Turtle

584845 Potch
1200 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that you said Laz-LO it made me think about it.

Maybe his name is Laz Lopez and he is a popstar! L Lo!

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought Lazlo was some name people gave him because no one knew his name, because I've never seen any of these novelizations or whatever.

I thought there was a chance it could have been like the Tekken Hwoarang = Bob thing where the fans got tired of typing this awkward name and gave him a nickname... a very, very simple nickname.

I was sure Lazlo had to be a joke, since it was a name that really hit mainstream when Grand Theft Auto got super popular a few years ago. (Lazlo was some stupid-ass radio personality who wouldn't go away)

Thought there was no chance that a novel would name their hero something like that.

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lazlo is unique for a chracter, and is easier to call with formality than 'Hero4', as we can confuse the Suikoden chapters for beginners.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arenegeth wrote:
If you noticed I still try to go by the Hero# name, but as I had said elsewhere before, if Konami plans to make a final game with all the Hero's present then they have to come up with a name for them, you can't pretend to "be" all of them, if they ever come to an official name I'm 75% certain they will go with the Novel names.

I don't know. Konami may very well refer to them as the "Champion of Life and Death", "Champion of the Beginning", "Champion of Punishment", and so on.

I actually like the name "Lazlo". I actually have more problem with the "en Kuldes" part.

By the way, Squaresoft actually pushed Tidus' anonimity too far when they refer to them as "you-know-who" and "him" in FInal Fantasy X-2...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps I would've been fine with "Lazlo" if I didn't think of that horrid cartoon every time I heard it. Camp Lazlo has got to be one of the least funny cartoons I've ever seen. >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: