Suikoden Ugly and Irenic Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

About Kyril + More [Spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's true. Kyril is a very typical hero character. But I think that's okay. He is still one of the better heros of the Suikoden series. I hope to see him in Suikoden V but I don't know if we will from what was said by Andarc at the end. We may never see him again.

If he is in V I can see Konami doing something similar to what happened with Mike in Suiko III with all the speculation on who he is. Maybe someone who looks similar to him but has a different name (you know, to keep hidden) and having hints in his profile to him being Kyril.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I first played Tactics, I did have a feeling Yohn was Kyril's mother. I think half way through I thought of it, just the way Yohn cared for him, and because Yohn was around Walter before Andarc and Seneca were. I theorized she was originally human, and Walter's wife, but changed because of a rune cannon incident or something. I was wrong, but on the right page. There maybe a possibility Yohn was originally human looking, but changed when she was summoned. Like Peck for example.

As for Kyril's voice, I too was irrated by it. Even if Kyril is 18, it just doesn't suit him. Every time I hear his voice, I keep thinking of Izzy from Digimon(I'm pretty certian it's the same VA). It just didn't fit as him. I've gotten used to the voice now, but I still prefer if they gave him an older one.
A question for the ones who played the Japanese version of this game, was Kyril's voice similar to the N/A? Did it sounded more like a young boy's voice, or a teenager's? I know there are some high pitched seiyuus in Japan, but I was curious on how different they sounded. If it is high, then perhaps this is why the N/A company felt they needed a higher voice for him. If not, then maybe they felt Kyril should be portrayed to be younger then he looks.

Blasphemy wrote:
I mean honestly, what purpose did it serve for that little twist.

Probably to explain why Kyril didn't change into a fish monster, while others did. As well as Yohn's behaviour towards Kyril.

Georg_Prime wrote:
*SPOILER ABOUT SOMEONE, DONT READ IT CAUSE I DON"T WANT YOUR FREAKING GREIFF!*

Am I the only one who thought of Jeane at the end of Suikoden Tactics? Common, This is it! Jeane doesn't have a true rune, yet she is over 150 years old. And Animals follow Jeane! My cats and dogs follow my goats all the time! Jeane is a half blood like Kyril. Jeane even has gray freaking hair like yohn. Common people!!

*END OF THE SPOILER THAT MAD YOU REALLY MAD AND IS GOING TO CAUSE ME TONS OF HATE MAIL BECAUSE I FOUND OUT THE TRUTH*

This maybe, however Lily also claimed that there was a Jeanne in Dunan, while there was another one in Zexen. Unless Jeanne is teleporting a lot, she really can't be in two places at once. Although this does open up another theory, if it is possible for Jeanne(all of them) to be from that world.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Could somebody relay the gist of the Simeon sidequest? I've already finished the game, but I really wouldn't want to go through Obel Ruins twice.

You get the items and Simeon brings you below Middleport. He tells you to stand back and Corselia whines about being treated like a child. Simeon makes a very ambiguous statement about everyone being a child compared to him (Inster weird looks from the rest of the group here) and without an explanation Simeon proceeds to open a gate to the other side. A ton of fish people pile out and are all "HAY GUYZ WE COME PK YOU NOW K?" and Kyril's all "No wai n00bs this R my srvr" and you make some tuna fish sandwhiches. Following this is a short sequence where SImeon very awkwardly informs you of what just happened.

Simeon: K guyz I figured it all out. The evil eye makes a force field that mimic the other side and since humans can't exist on that side, they're forced to transform.

Corselia: Can they be turned back?

Simeon: DOES THAT SOUND LIKE THE SORT OF THING THAT CAN BE REVERSED? *Slap*

Then everyone walks away kind of disappointedly but not really caring about what happened. A three hour quest that results in a five minute cutscene and a retarded battle; consider yourself smart for not having done that quest.

As far as Jeane being half goat or whatever, I suggest that the maker of the theory and anyone who considers it an option please do their research. Time and time again it has been insinuated by various Konami employees that all the Jeanes are different people who are all related, effectively meaning "THERE'S NOTHING WEIRD ABOUT HER WE JUST KEEPING USING HER FOR FANSERVICE, PLEASE STOP MAKING THEORIES!"

One last thing, Kyril doesn't stack up storywise because he's not a tenkai star. The crack about his eyes not having the same shine and him not being a good recruiter is really irrelevant because Kyril didn't need to recruit people to an army. He was merely trying to go into Kooluk and blow up some cannons (which suprisingly we saw very little of.) Kyril is not a tenkai so the only person that it might be fair to compare him to would be Nash, and then we can see how he stacks up.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jillia

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've got another question. Sorry if this is asked before....but why is Kyril changing his element? He starts with fire but when I played that stupid game with Rita I realize that his element changed into thunder. I was really suprised and can't remember, why and where this happened. And now his element is wind. It's so confusing... Will he change his element once more? I want to give him a element sword rune but don't know which one.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyril is EIGHTEEN? :?

Mmm... tuna fish sandwiches.

Regarding Kyril changing his element, you probably equipped him with an piece of armor that changes people's element. Look at the description of the armor you equip him with.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have a quick question: Where do you get the two items that he ask for?

The Doll and the arm or whatever.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The alger doll comes from the A rank quest "Collanball ruins teasure hunt" you have to send someone with speed higher than 30 and skill higher than 45. The wizened arm is located in the Mother earth chamber of Obel ruins. It can only be reached if you go to the bottom on an earth day. You will either have to dig for it or it will be in a random chest on the map.

As far as Kyril changing affinities goes, you must have changed his equipment to thunder armor or something because I've never seen this happen.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Wizened Arm should always be in a chest in the Mother Earth chamber, no matter which set of enemies you get.
Dragonstar13

13th Dragon brigade

493466 Potch
5000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jillia wrote:
I've got another question. Sorry if this is asked before....but why is Kyril changing his element? He starts with fire but when I played that stupid game with Rita I realize that his element changed into thunder. I was really suprised and can't remember, why and where this happened. And now his element is wind. It's so confusing... Will he change his element once more? I want to give him a element sword rune but don't know which one.

You probably have some armor on him that changes.

According to Jillia(the user), Kyril is 18.

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet assassin wrote:

As far as Jeane being half goat or whatever, I suggest that the maker of the theory and anyone who considers it an option please do their research. Time and time again it has been insinuated by various Konami employees that all the Jeanes are different people who are all related, effectively meaning "THERE'S NOTHING WEIRD ABOUT HER WE JUST KEEPING USING HER FOR FANSERVICE, PLEASE STOP MAKING THEORIES!"

Oh yeah I forgot about reading that in the end of tactics my bad..... :roll:

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vspirit

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the question on Yohn's arms end with hoofs like her legs do, the answer lies slap bang right here.

Quote:
A question for the ones who played the Japanese version of this game, was Kyril's voice similar to the N/A? Did it sounded more like a young boy's voice, or a teenager's? I know there are some high pitched seiyuus in Japan, but I was curious on how different they sounded. If it is high, then perhaps this is why the N/A company felt they needed a higher voice for him. If not, then maybe they felt Kyril should be portrayed to be younger then he looks.

The seiyuu who did Kyril is Shimono Hiro. He also did Kurando in Shadow Hearts Covenant. I think that might give you a pretty good idea what Kyril sounds like in Rhapsodia. Youngish, yes, but not as annoying, as some of you put it, as his english voice. I kinda like Shimono-san's voice actually. Very youthful and it does have a naive tinge to it but not annoying, no. If you've watched RahXephon in Japanese (not sure if there's an English dubbed version), you will get an even better idea cos Shimono-san voiced the main character, Kamina Ayato, in there. The most recent anime you can find him in is Cluster Edge where he also plays the main chara but I wouldn't recommend it cos the main chara isn't terribly likeable IMO (as opposed to Ayato...in fact the whole anime sucked eggs for me) and it prolly wouldn't give you a very good impression. xxD
Krile

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry for bumping up this old(er) topic, but I wanted to add my two cents.

First off, I suppose we'll never really know whether or not Kyril is immortal or just ages slower. That's the thing about Suikoden, they love to leave the fans speculating on the matter.

Personally I think that he'll never age another day again, regardless of immortality (meaning I don't think he's fully IMMORTAL, per se, but still ageless). It seems to make more sense to me than the slow-age theory, anyway.

Speaking of speculating, I kind of doubt he'd be in another Suikoden game. Andarc's words seemed pretty final - Kyril was never seen again. They even searched but found no trace of him. With Lazlo at least they don't say either or of what happened to him, though from the good ending it's almost obvious he's now one of the immortal True Rune bearers.

Now here's the tricky part: To me, it seemed like he went off to find his parents again. How he'd be able to find the other world without any trace of the Evil Eye left is beyond me, however. I think he SOMEHOW managed though, which would explain how he was never seen again at least. He is a half-breed from that world, after all.

Of course it's just speculation on my part, but it's how I think of the matter, anyway. I even doubt Lazlo will be in another Suikoden game, though the possibility is a bit higher than Kyril's chances.

(And yes, Yohn has hooves for hands, too! You can see it in the official boxart, plus it explains the extra-long sleeves.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: