Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V almost topped the charts in Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*sigh* Suikoden 4 is generally accepted as a horrible game, and Suikoden 5 is being praised as a great one. This is just ironic.

^Actual quote!
Alkazar

The Sons of Senan

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're making up for their mistakes from IV, it seems, but a lot of people must still be cautious after the disaster of IV. Of course, there'll always be a core group that'll buy the game just for the title (the same held true in the Final Fantasy series), and those'll be the ones who got it right away. Anyone who started with Suikoden IV and never played the other ones might simply be turned off the series and never pick up another game.

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What's worse is that at least in Japan, people tend to sell their games after they finish it. This, second-hand copies are flooding the market. This means, people who may become intersted in buying the game after hearing good reviews will likely buy used copies.
Calagatha Seizar

Ansatsusha Gumi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't worry too much about the sales figures.
Although Sengoku Musou 2 topped the charts even that game is not selling as well as it should.
Two years ago Sengoku musou sold way over the 500,000 mark for the first month it was released,and that game wasn't even that great.

Quite comical actually both Suiko 5 & Sengoku Musou 2 happen to rejuvanate life into their respective franchises yet manage to sell less than the previous lukewarm effort.
I guess the lack of sales could be attributed to the fact that Final Fantasy XII is nearby.

BTW I'm quite surprised that y'all are keeping a level head about the subject.
Majority of the time most rpg heads get pissed that Musou games tend to top the charts all the time.
It's quite refreshing to see since the warriors games happen to be one of my fave games of all time.

http://www.sitesled.com/members/killer7
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not surprised by the low sales figure. How could they expect to sell a huge number of units if they could not even release enough copies to meet the demand from preordering customers. Laughable.

They want to sell a lot, but they can't even meet the initial demand in a timely manner. How ironic.

Suits them well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: