Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Kriegspiel Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luce and her children

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Luce and her children Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was re-playing suikoden III today.

In the start of hugo chapter 1, lulu says tha Jimba would not tell about the armor not even for his own brother.

And when they're exiting the Karaya, Jimba say something like "don't make anything that would make our mother sad".

Did Lucy adopted every stranger that appeared in Karaya like that? By the end of the game we know that she would take care of every orphan child of karaya. But they're fellows from their own clan after a disaster, but Jimba...I can't understand it.

Did they say the same thing in the japanese version?
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lulu is the official child of luce, she also has 2 other kids which have also died. and she is the foster mother of jimba. but after the war it says she takes care of orphan kids.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I already knew that. What I said is...Karayan people seem to be hostile to outsiders, but she adopted Jimba, an adult and fully grow man, not a child who can be educated as a karayab...I guess this kind of thing is really strange for grasslanders.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Karayans as a race generally are hostile to outsiders, perhaps because they've been tricked before and therefore are fiercely protective of each other. Case in point Lucia in Suikoden 2 hated Jowston and took a lot of convincing to see that Dunan wasn't 'evil'.

Luce however is the clear exception, having lost two children and then Lulu and Jimba during GS3 would have been hard on her, however she was always portrayed as a loving mother figure, one of these women that ( for example ) would look at me and decide to take it upon themselves to fatten me up. It has happened, many have tried but it doesn't work, basically the point I'm trying to say is that sometimes being a mother is the one thing that a person really enjoys, adopting lost souls is a part of this mothering nature and I think the other Karayans would have been skeptical about a white man joining their village ( assuming he didn't tan before he got there ) but Luce's nature and the fact that Lucia would symathise with her meant that Wyatt became Jimba.

Its hard to stop these mother figures sometimes, my sister-in-law is a good example, always taking more people in to look after them even though she and my brother can't really afford it. Combine this desire to mother everyone she thinks needs it with the fact that she lost two then four of those she did raise means that Luce would be smothering all those orphans with affection, and love every minute of it.

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I believe that Jimba knew Lucia before when he was Wyatt Lightfellow. and asked Lucia for a favor and thats when Luce comes in a long list of favors
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Alucard

Childs of Elminister

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Actually I believe that Jimba knew Lucia before when he was Wyatt Lightfellow. and asked Lucia for a favor and thats when Luce comes in a long list of favors

It makes sense, once he was a member of fire bringer and fought for grasslands, but... I belive that she wasn't even born by the time the fire bringer was active.

She looks like be in the 30's and they disappeared 50 years ago. And Wyatt only became Jimba just sometime after Chris birth.

And Falcon, I know how is this kind a motherly figure, it's like my grandma, she takes care of everyone even if she can't afford. I'm trying to understand how he got under her care "that easy".

From what we know from karaya, only Beecham fit as someone who would remember Jimba. Also he don't look like a karayan and is and late 20's early 30's (in appeareance). I guesse the karayans would kill him

Unless that Kianu (Lucia's father) arranged the things for him.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:

actually that may be true. when you are in chapter 4 and about to get the true water rune, lucia seemed to know what was going on. she seemed to know that it was the true water rune that was hiding there. and when it's powers went off and you got to where jimba was she mentions the rune before jimba told chris about it.

mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anyway if Lucia bever was told perhaps it was sometime arounbd the Dunan when the father was still alive he could have been real old because someone must have known. Or he could have had a disguise of some he killed but who knows
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't understand of what your trying to say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: