Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Where is Kyril from? *spoiler*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guess it was, but not all spys and military affliated people have to live in the capital, I dont believe.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wrong, all of you.

[Highlight this ok? Thanks.]

Though I don't recall anything saying where Kyril was born, you could call him somewhat of a Scarlet Moon expatriate. He's the son of Walter and Yohn... But, doesn't have any horns... Heh, go figure. *laffy*

It is stated that Walter was from Scarlet Moon, as were Andarc and Coop. No info on Seneca, but if Sars Ad-Minh knows more, he can feel free to add to this. I assume that this could mean ANYWHERE in Scarlet Moon, by the way.

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Leb edited my thread he put "where is Kyril from" , but... the thing is I already know where he is from exactly, just where in the area, I think Seneca is from Scarlet Moon too?

I liked Coop, he was a very strong character to use.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a topic for character discussion, maybe someone there can findout sorry for being a kill joy.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PirateSigurd wrote:
When Leb edited my thread he put "where is Kyril from"

I didn't edit the title.
Zephron

Flying Moon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i may think that he is from Scarlet Moon, as he is certainly a foreigner to Kooluk, and Falernia is not involved in the Kooluk Southern Expansion [ Suikoden 4 ]. His father has a colleague from Scarlet Moon, as well as Andarc having a friend from Scarlet Moon as well.

The Scarlet Moon ambitions to discover the rune cannons has spurred on Walter, so Kyril would also folow in his footsteps, as said in the storyline. So that concludes why i thi k Kyril is from Scarlet Moon.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

**highlight to read**

as for those who played and beat the game we know that walter is a spy for the scarlet moon empire.who wanted to bring the rune cannon back there so he could come back.

but as from where kyril is actually from,he is from the other world as yohn said at the end.she said it looks like your going to be born from this world again as i had you the first time.so from that i kyrill must be born from the other world when he first came to the world.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry Buffy I think you're taking that sentence a bit too literally. I believe she meant that she would give birth to him again. Also, all of you assuming that Walter lived in Greminster are sorely mistaken as he would not be a very effective spy if he hung around the capital all day now would he?

As for the Seneca question, it was inferred that she and Andarc joined Walter at the same time, thus I would imagine she is from SME.

FInally the question at hand, it's really quite simple. Seeing as how Walter worked in southern areas, I'd imagine he'd set up a southern place of residence. Also considering he escaped the empire with all of those secrets, I'd imagine he had to have lived fairly close to a borded (as he'd be travelling with a very conspicuous companion and a small child which could both slow him down.) Therefore I assume that Walter lived near the great forest or possibly in the eastern part of the Lorimar region.

However, this brings a new question up. If Andarc and Seneca didn't know who Kyril's mother was, then he must've been born in the Scarlet Moon. THis means that Andarc and SEneca left the Scarlet Moon with Walter. While they seem loyal enough to him, both of them seem to have a love for Scarlet Moon, which leads me to wonder why they would abandon their country in such a way. Anyone got any crazy theories?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
As for the Seneca question, it was inferred that she and Andarc joined Walter at the same time, thus I would imagine she is from Scarlet Moon Empire.

Well that isn't neccessaritly true. How often do we see in Suikoden, people from other regions travelling into regions and joining up with them. I beleive this happens quite often. Heck, Georg who is from Falena came to Scarlet Moon and became one of their best generals. It stands to reason that it doesn't have to be true that Seneca is from the Scarlet Moon but she was just in the area when she met Walter and Andarc. Now I'm not completely dismissing your statement though Scarlet because in MOST cases if a person is from somewhere besides where wqe assume ithey would be, its said somewhere. Sort of like the Georg scenario again. Or like Roland, who was from the Elven forest tree place in Toran but was found all the way in Zexen, they explained it. So essentiually all I'm saying is if there's no information given we can't always just assume they're from a certain place unless it says so.

But this isn't about where Seneca is from, its where is Kyril from. I am going to side with Scarlet and say he's most likely NOT from Gregminster because as he said, a good spy isn't seen in the national capital he works for, too often. I would say a better guess would be a village somewhere else in the Toran vicinity. Like perhaps the Lorimar or Goran regions. Still part of the Scarlet Moon Empire, but not exclusively close to the capital. Maybe even the Pannu Yakuta area, as that would be cool to see someone besides Kwanda eminate from that region of the Scarlet Moon Empire. Since there is no solid facts to substantiate anything to Kyril's birthplace, we can toss it into the pile of mysteries along with who is Hugo's father and why are there so many Jeanes/does Jeane show up throughout time. Among other such mysteries.

Quote:

However, this brings a new question up. If Andarc and Seneca didn't know who Kyril's mother was, then he must've been born in the Scarlet Moon. THis means that Andarc and Seneca left the Scarlet Moon with Walter. While they seem loyal enough to him, both of them seem to have a love for Scarlet Moon, which leads me to wonder why they would abandon their country in such a way. Anyone got any crazy theories?

I think its rather simple. He's their friend and employer. Whether Seneca and Andarc know Walter's spy intentions or not, they trusted him enough with their lives. Something we see a lot of in Suikoden. Its the same undying passion that made Gremio and Cleo blindly follow Tir into the Liberation Army in Suikoden I. Or the respect Sgt. Joe has for Hugo to follow him and help him in his path, dispite knowing it could bean the end of the Grasslands as he knew it. It seems the people of the Suikoverse are very loyal and trusting, to the extent that their homeleand takes second fiddle to a friend's dreams and ambitions.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now now now, we all know that Hugo's father is Geddoe who is also Pesmerga, it's really not hard to figure out.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet your kidding right?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: