Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Big War Battles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Big War Battles Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What can you say about the battles

I'm kind of confused i have yet to see a battle on water but i have however seen battles on land For Suikoden V

Right now it seems to me that the PRince gets a sword as well seeing to how he is not using his staff in the war battles. So does this mean that some of the weapons are not used for the warbattles.

Anyone got any idea or pictures on the Sea battles because something mentioned there being Tactical Battles on land and Sea.

Would only the Dragon horse riders be able to participate as well seeing to how one of the movies said that dragon horses could run on land and sea
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The large war battles look a lot like Grownlanser 2's battle system. You would issue commands and they'd be played out in real time. The game would pause when you attempted to issue another command.

As for the rest of the stuff, I don't know. Only a few more days until we can get some of those answered though.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

now that you mention it...it is the Grownlanser battle system! damn good thing i've played it.....good games

anywho
there are screen shots of water battles, and also the rock paper scissor but i don't know how to read japanese so can't help on what type of ships they are. but i do hope that the dragon horses will be used in the water battles

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's cool to see a combination of Land & Naval-Battles.. i can remeber a thread where some fans dreamed about such a combination. There more i hear about suikoden 5 the more i feel like konami was getting it's ideas out of this forum..hehehe

The rock-paper-scissor thing is nothing new..the Suikoden 1 Battle-System was build on that system too..

For example:

When enemy attacked with magic than you had a better chance with bow attacks, when the enemy attacked with bows then you should attack with sword and when he attack with sword you should us magic...

i hope it was that what you mean by rock-paper-scissor system
zeal

The Zealots

0 Potch
400 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah that is what i mean by the rock-paper-scissor system

but it is for naval battles too, but i don't know what type of ships they are. that's all i was saying (i know it's not new at all)

Check out:
Car Accidents
I'm A Plus Size Model
Superslut
Rene Magritte/Surrealism
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone have a screen shot of the naval battles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
Does anyone have a screen shot of the naval battles.

Here that is the only one that you can see on the official suiko V site -->

Naval Battle Screenshot

It reminds me a lot of the suikoden 2 battle system...from the look/camera style

it looks a bit plain, but that probably because they punched in that box with an info-text
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so there are atleast 5 ways of combat we will have to learn 1 being regular another being Duel and 2 of them being a tactic and 1 i think there is left
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm..not sure of 5 ways? where is that from?

I would like to see more of the naval battle-system but konami does only have this one pic.. I wonder if you have attack-options like bow or cannons in it..
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cannons have been extinct since Suikoden IV or Nearly all of them anyway. So the only option i can think of is either ramming magic or bow
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, remember that gunpowder cannons don't even exist by Suikoden 3's time, because only the Howling Voice Guild know the secret of gunpowder.

^Actual quote!
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
Yes, remember that gunpowder cannons don't even exist by Suikoden 3's time, because only the Howling Voice Guild know the secret of gunpowder.

gunpowder cannons exist..the technic of a gun and a cannon a neraly identical.. but that's true.. I forgot the HVG thing..
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What about the windfire cannon from Suikoden I? There is always the possiblility that they could have one of those.
Leon Silverberg

The Strategists

13318 Potch
489 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
What about the windfire cannon from Suikoden I? There is always the possiblility that they could have one of those.

thanks for pointing that out.. i was thinking of it but forgot to mention it.. there i alchemy in the suiko world and we never know what technical possibilities are given in a new suikoden that is placed in an unknown country
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...I'm guessing that there has to at least be one that you lose during this game. Each game (minus perhaps IV) has that one battle that you have no choice but to lose.

For anyone that has played V, are there any major battles that you can't win?

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: