Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Was Gremio Worth It?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
And1balla

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio was worth it. He wasn't a weak character. He can actually get pretty good if you want him to. Also, he died for Tir and for the lives of others. He was Tir's best friend, and it just fit the story that Gremio should be revived. I still am wondering why Leknaat could only revive one person one time. But, anyways, Odessa's dream has already come true. Teo died happy because he was proud of his son. And Mathiu wasn't even dead yet when Gremio was revived. So ya, it was worth it to revive Gremio
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio was worth it if you think about it!!
oddessa: would have taken over the liberation army
ted: was already alive for 300 years , so he's had fair share of life already and if you think about it, he doesn't have the souleater, so he would have died later on anyway.
jimba : was alive for along time also
yun: she accepted to die.

gremio was worth it.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When Laknaat said she could only do it once I thought she meant once per set of 108 stars not once in her intire life. If it is just once for her and not just the 108 stars then Gremio was not worth it. Although she knew it would make Tir happy and she did say he was cute I guess Leknaat is giting lonely :wink:

CLERKS
Nash Latkje

The Guy Your Mother Warned You About...

41000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio was definately worth it... when playing thee game... try to put yourself in Tir Mcdohls shoes... would you bring back your best friend if you could?... answer.... obviously yeah... which heartless person wouldn't?... second, was Gremio really weak? not at all... his attacks were pretty good, he had a high chance of hitting, and his magic wasn't that bad... lmao...

also, you do all these things to bring Gremio back... for the good ending and that great feeling of... completion... the game wouldn't feel right, knowing that there's a piece of the puzzle missing...

it was definately worth it to have Gremio revived...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

umm...maybe gremio was chosen to be revived because Tir hope for it(although he silent all the time)...
as the leader who get a privilege...
maybe that also the cause why nanami who was revived in Suikoden II

or, may we say that it's the one who really innocence, or the victim of the war?since tir and mc dohl family become involved of war...
ther the trio best friend...become victim of the war(if we see as the player perspective)...
i dunno...

but, i aggree ith the "missing puzzle" opinion...
i think it's worth...anyway...isn't gremio a kind man?...maybe he himself has a good karma :P
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PoisonArcher wrote:
He was a weak character, not in sense of battle, but the fact that he relied too much on other people, mainly Tir.

How so? If anything Tir relied on Gremio! Besides, he died an agonizingly painful death to save his allies, do you call that 'weak'? O_o I don't think most people have the willpower to knowingly shut the door in front of them and doom themselves to such a death.

Besides, he basically raised Tir; he was Tir's closest friend/family. I think Tir needed Gremio, in a way.

Sure, plenty of other people who died in the suikoden world are worth reviving, but I think Gremio is a fine choice.

Without him, for one, Tir would have died before the game even started, seeing as he was kidnapped and all such and Gremio saved him. and without Tir, the entire revolution would have probably failed, Soul Eater would have probably ended up with Windy, and a lot of other bad suchness. Gremio saved Tir in various ways, and ... so, yeah, he's very important.

Besides

Gremio > Everything
Shikai

White Paradox

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PoisonArcher wrote:
He was a weak character, not in sense of battle, but the fact that he relied too much on other people, mainly Tir.

How so? If anything Tir relied on Gremio! .. and I don't think he was particularly weak by any strech of the word. O_o I don't think most people have the willpower to knowingly shut the door in front of them and doom themselves to being eaten my flesh eating spores. I can't imagine having your flesh eaten by spores to be a relatively painfree death. He died an agonizingly painful death to save his allies, do you call that 'weak'?

Besides, he basically raised Tir; as I saw it Gremio was a mix of a father/best friend/brother to Tir. I think Tir needed Gremio. He had no one else he could really trust, or that could understand him as well as Gremio.

And - Sure, plenty of other people who died in the suikoden world are worth reviving, ( like Odessa, Jima, Yun, and others ) but I think Gremio is a fine choice. For one, the time seemed right. and he was the only star of destiny not alive right then. Essentially, he was the fuel for his own revival, in a way.

Anyways, not looking at the present/future, theres the things Gremio did for the plot before the game even began. No, I know I already meantioned the 'He raised Tir' thing, but..

Without him,Tir would have died before the game even started.

Remember the thing about Tir being kindapped? Well, Gremio was the one who saved his life. And, well, if Tir had died, the entire revolution would have probably failed, Soul Eater would have probably ended up with Windy, and a lot of other bad suchness - not to mention Suikoden 1 would have been pretty pointless.

----
* you start game as Odessa*
Odessa: he-*dies*

*the end!*
------------------

.. so yeah, Gremio saved Tir in various ways, and ... so, yeah, he's very important.

Besides

Gremio > Everything
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think it was worth it. Tir cared greatly for Gremio, and he was the one that brought the 108 Stars together, should the power that creates be used for something he wants? No one else would have been able to do it (I'm pretty sure). As people have said, Mathiu died later, and from what I remember (Though I might remember wrong) It seemed like Odessa relaly on other people as well.
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Story-wise, Gremio was the best person to be revived for the good of the liberation. He was also the most important character to Tir which means given the choice, I'm sure he'd choose his friend Gremio over anyone else. While Odessa may seem worthy, she really didn't accomplish much when compared to Tir.

The other characters who had similar deaths as Gremio (Kiba, Yun) weren't as special to Riou or Hugo.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have rather had him replaced with Odessa. That would have ruled all video games.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oscar

The Dragons Who Rise to the Heavens

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Me Next!! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio

Yes I think the chose was right. Out of every one Gremio was the only true loyal follower to Tir. The Axe proves it. There were others loyal but Gremio was in a sense still needed. Tir needed him because in truth Gremio was a brother, friend, father, uncle, and loyal vassal. I think they truley did right.

By Yiling, Shu met Wu in heavy strife;
Then Lu Xun burned the western legions out.
?Dogs of the south? was Fu Tong?s final curse:
This general of Han did his title proud.
Noah

Sneaky Paw

6913 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gremio starts your adventure off as this stumbling, stuttering, possibly-gay, manservant cook of the first hero's family. Gremio also doesn't take no for an answer, but rather him take one for the team than lose Viktor or Flik... or possibly Camille. Since Leknaat could only use that ability once, she kinda dropped the ball, she coulda brought back Teo... who could've been an awesome character, and then Sonya wouldn't want the hero dead. Maybe Odessa, where Flik could finally come out of that darkness that surrounds him, and maybe return to Warrior's Village as a man some 10 years later.

In Gremio's defense: he does get pretty powerful when his weapon becomes the "Axe of the Oath"... but his magic is still not all that good. And his attack still isn't on the level with Fu Su Lu, Fliktor or Permerga.

What I use Gremio for: A Prosperity Rune monkey for the first third of the game. Only to lose it on the way Soniere prison to disappear hopefully forever... at least from my party, but we get to see him again.

What I hate Gremio personally: he somehow takes that Xenogears-y "young master" thing to this uncomfortable "more than friends / never go back" zone... and frankly, when he passed, I didn't miss him, like Ted (before knowing how awesome his S4 version was). Gremio was just... this guy who's entire life was following the hero and he isn't really that interesting, in fact, none of those starting 3 really are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: