Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harmonia-Online.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

Potch
Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the site its self seems to be going slowly, they were going to have a cookbook, I always suggest cookbooks for game based fan sites (lets make suikoden food, not Nanime cake though! its got salt in it right? Unless Nanimie cake is corn bread muffens)

It was fun I think. I forget.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That sounds like a pretty good idea kuwaizair.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The person who was making the cookbook resigned, and the project was never finished due to that reason.

I thought it was genius, too. Perhaps one day I'll redo it, though the original person had much much more with the culinary arts than I do.

And Max, I don't see how you can say there are a lot nincompoops in high places. 0.o I'm literally half the administration there. Albert Silverberg (aka Edge) has been an rather upstanding fellow the entire time I noticed. 0.o What exactly do you see that you don't like? I can try to address it.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't go into attacking people personally, but it's clear the leadership there has no clear picture of where they wanna take the site. As it stands, the site is a loose collection of features and info that you can find at other sites. The only reason people would go there is if they have friends there, or if they've been banned at sites like suikosource or suikox. If people who run a site don't realize that (while wondering why people don't visit their site), they're not being very effective or creative.

Also, as upstanding as the leaders may be, they see nothing wrong advertising their site here, while they curiously omit suikox from their links section when they link to a number of other sites. That just reeks of jealousy... a big turn-off for me.

On another note, I totally forgot but I do have an account there from a looong time ago.

Feel free to delete this after you read this, if this sort of thing is bad. I already got chewed for my other scathing review.

Truth

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Maximillian wrote:
Also, as upstanding as the leaders may be, they see nothing wrong advertising their site here, while they curiously omit suikox from their links section when they link to a number of other sites. That just reeks of jealousy... a big turn-off for me.

Wasn't the removal of the link to SuikoX.com originally done as a response to the removal of the link to theirs from this site? And, then there was that bit of fascinating history between the two sites a while back as well.

Can't say I'm surprised.
Vextor

Potch
Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't know where you heard of that Thief, but what you say is incorrect. We've had a pretty good history with Harmonia-Online's admins beside some issues with some of their content-writers back then plagiarizing stuff from suikox (but that issue was dealt with).
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

Potch
Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
Maximillian wrote:

Wasn't the removal of the link to SuikoX.com originally done as a response to the removal of the link to theirs from this site? And, then there was that bit of fascinating history between the two sites a while back as well.

Can't say I'm surprised.

I remember how there was a problem back when suikox used the old ezboard forums (two years ago?). My memory is same as what SARS says though, they copied stuff from what he wrote (I don't think there was ever a link to harmonia-online from suikox either), and they simply deleted content after this was discovered. That just proves my point further if they're still hung-up on some issue that happened aeons ago. If a grudge can last that long, that's some serious personality problem.

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

Potch
Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1) I can assure you that at least all of the content writers I knew, no one was purposely and maliciously copying information. Mine (the SuikoI characters) were 100% my own writing, save the character's notable quotes, which were Konami's (duh). If I used anything for research, I said so. Plenty other staffers were just as careful. It just was a person or two who probably used Suikosource or Suikox as a reference and unfortunately used a few phrases that they shouldn't have. Some of that comes down to the unfortunate fact that there are only so many ways to say something clearly - for example, "Tir currently has the Soul Eater." is infinately more natural and easier to understand than "Tir is the current person to possess the rune called by the name Soul Eater or the Rune of Life and Death." or such. But some phrases did seem identical - whether they were lifted directly or whether they were just phrased the same on accident.

When it came to our attention; we were shocked and quickly removed the offending content. The people who wrote it were chastised in private and told them to rewrite it. They did. It was an unfortunate accident but it was handled maturely. We usually have a good relationship with SARSadmin; he's even posted at the forums there from time to time. I'm not mad about it, and I'm sure Albert Silverberg isn't either; and I'm willing to be SARSadmin feels the same. I doubt SARSadmin would trust me to be a mod in the forums here if he didn't think I was to be trusted. Nor would he offer his approval of the site earlier in this thread. You are making a mountain out of an issue that does not exist. 0.o

2) The links at the bottom are only to sites belonging to people that have contributed something to the site, I believe; there are no other strictly Suikoden sites besides Suikosource (which I think is there mostly because Edge asked someone on the SuikoSource staff for some help on something - shinsho translations, I think?). There isn't even a link to Journeyman Crystal, which is a sister site, practically. While there is no doubt SARSadmin has contributed a lot to the online Suikoden fandom, he wasn't It's a very incomplete list that I don't think was ever supposed to give the appearance of being a complimentary list. I don't see how you can take that as evidence of a grudge. It's just a very, very small list. Suikox doesn't have a link list at all. Do you think SARSadmin has e a grudge against all of the Suikoden fandom?

3) Why the hell would I delete an old account? Do you honestly think I'm so thin-skinned? I like constructive criticism. It makes the site better, and it helps me do my job better. You don't last long as an admin/mod if you don't have at least a bit of thin skin. The fact you would even suggest such a blatant abuse of admin powers makes me feel rather offended. Post there if you want. Don't post there if you want. I just ask for constructive criticism to help me do my job better.

4) Spltting hairs, but: The site's owner didn't advertise it. UberPengradon is a poster there and so much as as I'm glad to see him here and there, he isn't the owner of the site. Nor am I.

I do feel you're being extremely harsh on this site. The site's been offline for most of the year, and just went back up just recently. 0.o Unfortunately I can't help you much on the site's appearance, as I'm not the one who uploads stuff and the like. *shrug* I'm the guild/forum admin for the most part. :D

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey Maximillian, I don't want to offend you but I think your making judgement that too harsh for fans of harmonia-online like me. Better check your words before you can offend the whole staff and fans of the site. Your making a grudge of what you are doing.

Altruistic Apparitions

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=177115#177115

Please follow the advertisment rules Maximillian.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Buff

Venus Doom

Potch
Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just like to point out this is the place i've been at for quite a while.we are currently trying to get a new empire system set up and also the owner edge is working on a special project for it.if you like to check out how it's been the url is http://www.harmonia-online.net/forum

Quote:
well, I'm banned from there so, no use recurting me, besides I have to many forums to vist. I used to be in Highland over there.

if your still here kuwaizai,may i ask why you got banned.i don't remember seeing any one getting banned or in trouble during my stay there.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Vextor

Potch
Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That discussion should be done through PM. No need to have drama from other sites brought over to this forum.

By the way, harmonia-online should submit their info to the Webring!
RavenJonny

Ravens Troop

Potch
Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey just posting to say i joined the Harmonia online community.

I will surf around the forums see whats going on and hope to bring many conversations :)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Advertisements & Fun Links All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: