Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

I think someone should make a Suiko fan game.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes, if a company sees too many similarities, they can bring in their lawyers and have a site shut down; it's the same if someone makes t-shirts with fanart on them, then sells them someplace or distributes, it's a potential loss to the copyright owner.

copyrights are stinky things; big money operations aren't willing to lose potential customers/profits to knockoffs made by anyone...they see it as a threat to future earnings and will shut the operation down immediately in most cases.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious, you have a point, but copyrights are there to protect the little guy too. It's unfortunate that they sometimes get in the way, but what can one do...

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God it's a shame Chrono Resurection got shut down, that game looked awesome. I can imagine Square-Enix wanting to make their own remake and selling it.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

while they protect the little guys, if little guy makes a 'knockoff' the big corp goes after them with impunity and they always win. it's a 'ware the plagarist situation; unless you don't plan on having it publicly accessed, there shouldn't be a problem.

what they don't know can't hurt them...until someone leaks it.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor wrote:
God it's a shame Chrono Resurection got shut down, that game looked awesome. I can imagine Square-Enix wanting to make their own remake and selling it.

Sqaure-Enix should have just bought (or told the programmers to give them the finished product?) the fangame and released it under their company instead of shutting down the project. *Stares* That's quite some nice work that team was doing there.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry, I was a little tired; that's what I meant they should have done. I would have thought with a game of that high quality, Square-Enix would have wanted to purchase the rights/site or contract the creators and publish the game themselves. That would have been a seller.

Anyway, as we see by FF7:DoC, Square do not know what they're doing lol (Please don't discuss DoC here ^_^)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG, they actually shut down that project?!?!?!
Even though I am not a Chrono fan, those screenshots are amazing, this is truely a shame.

I have alawys thought that fan project is a good thing for a series. After all, it tells you that someone loves the game enough to devote their times and resources to make a fan project. But, alas... guess the companies dont think so.

Rebel of Babylon

1137266 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fliktor, that would have been a logical decision for Square-Enix, and it seems like the increasingly common course of action for large companies is to take logic and throw it out the window. Although I've got the PSX Chrono Trigger re-release in Final Fantasy Chronicles, I would have loved to pick up an official version of the Chrono Ressurection remake.

The same thing happened with a Dragon Ball Z-type fan project titled "Bid For Power," the creators were issued a cease and decist order, so they removed everything DBZ from the project and continued with a different theme. I can't remember which game is was a mod of, but it looked great at the time.

You've got to wonder what's going through the minds of the top executives at these companies, when fans are crying for such games and they repeatedly ignore such requests and give us games like Final Fantasy X-2. (apologies to those who enjoyed the game, I just... didn't)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, the best you can do is make a flash game.
like...suiko-memory?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: