Suikoden Utopian and Illegal Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What languages do you speak?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rheo

Here and There

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am fluent in Cantonese
I am ok with English I guess
Mandarin, hmm, I can understand very well but only ok speaking it.
I also learned some Japanese, although I have already forgot 80% of them -_-

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak fluent English (obviously) and a little Spanish. I'm not really fluent, but give me a Spanish to English dictionary and I should be fine in most cases.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still need to pick up at least one tonal language, but I just can't seem to get the pronunciation right. Or, maybe I was not too confident that I got them right. Or both.

Oh, yes, languages. My English is, well, average at best. I can read fairly limited French and Arabic. Still not really fluent with Japanese, and still considering a formal assessment of sorts. Also, I am about to complete a year of Spanish in a fortnight's time. Maybe I will continue studying the language next year, maybe I won't.
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English with a sad attempt at Japanese. Been studying it for awhile. Looking for Russian in the future, but that's... uncertain, to say the least.
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English and come equipped with three years of French. I can still read and speak some French, but it's hard for me. I just had no love for the language.

I'm also looking to take some Russian in college.

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English fluently, obviously and I speak Japanese not nearly as well as I should (considering I live in Japan) でも会話普通に大丈 ;夫だと思います。ଝ 0;字が200ぐらいÑ 86;来る。

Ich spreche auf nicht so gut deutsch. I studied German for 2 years from age 12-13, but I have forgotten the majority of it since then.

Mi paralos Esperanton. And yes, I have taken a mild interest in learning Esperanto recently, especially after living in Japan I am all for an international language (one much easier than English) that can be used to break down communication barriers in addition to each nation keeping their own national language.

Other languages I'd be interested in learning are Latin, Russian, French, German and a dialect or two of Chinese :P Whether or not I'll get around to learning them is another matter, but it would be nice to be capable of rivalling Iscalio one day!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English, and currently in my 2nd year of German, and sense my mom is half Spanish, I almost can speak it. But ya, I do expect to speak 4 maybe 5 languages, English, Spanish, German, Italian, and maybe French, after I get out of colledge :|
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can only speak Englishfluently. I'm pretty good at understanding written/spoken Spanish or German but I have some trouble actually speaking the language. >_< There just aren't that many people around here who speak German; my family does but it's in an archiac low dialect so it's not the best to speak since it's a bit different than modern German today. I can find my way around in French and Italian. I can read some Latin.I can understand bits and pieces - and only bits and pieces - of Greek and Russian. I want to learn Greek, Russian, Japanese, and Latin quite badly, but no colleges around here are offering courses in those languages...:(I'd also really like to improve my German, French, Italian and Spanish.)

You know, this is somewhat shameful since I am a language major. :oops:

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I speak English, typo-English and Really Bad Grammer-English ((as well as Texan-dialect .oO)).
I remember/know some Spanish, French and Japanese, but have forgotten most of the first two and probably could only qualify as "American Fangirl Japanese" knowledge at this point in time.
Also, while I can't speak it (correctly), I am the only one so far to know Hieroglyphics. Go me! ^_~V
GhEe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English fluently and tagalog (filipino language) thats all :oops: i want to learn japanese (hey guys wats the easiest way to leanr it) :?:
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am fluent in English, both written and spoken.
I can read French perfectly and understand spoken French perfectly, but I suck at writing and speaking in French.
I have forgotten almost all of the Latin I once learned.
And I am currently attempting to learn Esperanto, just for fun.
Tilo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

English is my first language, but the only other in which I come anywhere close to proficiency is french. I dabbled in Mandarin Chinese and Spanish but uhhh, stopped dabbling pretty quickly.

Oh, I also have some knowledge of Al Bhed. XP
Ted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, i'm not an expert in different languages. My own native language is finnish (it's a difficult and i think funny language too when you hear it ^_^). My english is not so very good, so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes. Still i can survive with it. Of course i can understand little bit swedish, but does'nt speak it very much.
mikazukihime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

None O_O lol, well yeah I guess I can say I speak English and Japanese although I'd have to add with that "not so good" English and Japanese. I'm okay when I write it, but speaking it...I mumble a lot and often forget words. This is what happens when you become antisocial. =p *tries to get a social life again*
ayoloco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Speak in English and few Japanese. Since I'm in the Philippines I am speaking Tagalog too.

"Kamusta kayong lahat. Kinagagalak ko kayang makasama!!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15

Jump to: