Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy sequels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X-2 was welcome because it not only advanced the series and rpgs in a gameplay sense but also story wise. It's rare to ever play an rpg that doesn't take itself seriously and is full of laughs so FFX-2 imo was a welcome change and a great sequel. Aside from some very wierd j-pop fmvs, I was very satisfied with FFX-2 and I'd have to say it was the best FF - in terms of gameplay - yet. I spent well over 100 hours with that game and I would do it again if I wanted to. And as much as I hate to admit, FFX-2's plot is a complete satire of the whole rpg genre to me, which is why I love it: it pisses off the people who play rpgs only for plot and can't stand any semblance of lighthearted plot.

The other good thing about FFX-2 was that it was the ONLY FFX sequel. They didn't go overdrive like they did with FFVII. Most of these other FFVII sequels are not needed. With FFX, I wanted a sequel because I loved Spira and I thought that it's story wasn't over. Not so much with FFVII. FFVII's ending was just fine and the story felt complete. FFVII AC no matter how much fun it was to watch, is still not apart of the FFVII universe because I've formed my own story as to how the game ended the past...oh 9 years. Dirge of Cerberus, I can swiftly say is a piece of crap without playing it solely based off of a major spoiler posted on the internet, aside from the fact that Square sucks at action games and has never made a good action heavy game in their whole company history. Einhander being the only exception. They aren't respecting Final Fantasy VII, they're just releasing a bunch of crap and fans are buying into it. I have no plans to check out Before Crisis or Crisis Core or any of that other FFVII spin off stuff they've been releasing.

I don't even want an FFVII remake now because how much they've messed up FFVII with all of these side games/movies/whatever.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it *beep* off the people who play rpgs only for plot and can't stand any semblance of lighthearted plot.

Eh, I hope you don't include me to those people, because I like lighthearted plots, as long as they stay that way...
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay now, this whole FF7 sequel etc. thing is getting annoying.

And it doesn't get much more light hearted than Earthbound and its New Age Retro Hippes. Gotta love the special battle music they get.

And sadly SE is going to make MILLIONS with all this FF 7 stuff.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
And the many Kingdom Hearts showings, I don't know if the two Japan only (well I think the first game had seen a US release but I'm not sure) Chocobo dungeon games or Chocobo racing are considered Spin Off's.

Cameo appearances are a little difference than making a sequel. The cameos in Kingdom Hearts (I've never played Ehrgeiz so I don't know) tie into the plot well; granted the FF characters are simply there to attract more attention as originally the parts played by the FF characters were going to be played by just other new people made specially for Kingdom Hearts. So whilst their appearances were clearly to attract more fan attention, they worked with the plot because it had squat all to do with any of the Final Fantasy games.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I was trying to point with that comment it's the exploitation of characters of the Final Fantasy series onto other genres and games so they can sell more.

Personally I liked the FF characters in Kingdom Hearts, but the Kingdom Hearts world it's a Marvel VS. DC world, eh, I mean in a comics comparison, so other-worlder's so to speak fit like a glove.

I can also see that IX hasn't been forgotten and Vivi makes a presence in Kingdom Hearts II, yay!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: