Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Arshtat's powers (possible spoilers?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm 90% sure that the sun rune is indeed that mark on her head, you see it in the early trailers how the rune itself emnates when used, much like the hand glow of the RoP.

I was always saw Sialeeds' chakram-like rings as something special, when we first got a good look at the cover image I pointed out that they seem to have some kind of hinges on them, making them quite different from chakram in other games ( like Grandia 2 - Tio ).

I wonder if they are thrown or used as fists... and furthermore am really confused on how they change ( ie the hinges ) so I'm really looking forward to seeing yet another unique weapon from the suikoden world!

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree about that mark on her head being the Sun Rune or where the Sun Rune's powers are channeled. One thing bothers me though, was it ever confirmed that Arshtat was the holder of the Sun Rune, or does she just use it's powers when she wants too? I remember that the it was said somewhere that the Sun Rune is inside the "Sun Palace" or whatever their castle is called.
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed that she had it. One thing that bothers me, though, is that King (or someone...don't really remember who..) confirmed that there are 3 new true runes to be shown, but the runes of Dawn and Dusk are not true runes. It makes me wonder all sorts of things as far as the runes of Dawn and Dusk. I'm betting it is something like the rune of Beginning or the Gate Rune.

And, as far as Sialeeds' weapons, I think she throws them. I believe that in either one of the trailers or screenshots, she's in the back of the 6 character party, and she would throw them at the enemies. Or else she is an M-range character, where she attacks by holding them and hitting the enemy with them.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
I always assumed that she had it. One thing that bothers me, though, is that King (or someone...don't really remember who..) confirmed that there are 3 new true runes to be shown, but the runes of Dawn and Dusk are not true runes. It makes me wonder all sorts of things as far as the runes of Dawn and Dusk. I'm betting it is something like the rune of Beginning or the Gate Rune.

And, as far as Sialeeds' weapons, I think she throws them. I believe that in either one of the trailers or screenshots, she's in the back of the 6 character party, and she would throw them at the enemies. Or else she is an M-range character, where she attacks by holding them and hitting the enemy with them.

Sialeeds is a long range user. Remember that we have the Suikoden V Quick Reference Guide were you can look for infomation.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, Sialeeds even throws her chakrams in one of the videos. Right at the screen, too!

^Actual quote!
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chakrams are meant to be thrown. Sialeeds is a good example of that. In terms of Arshtat, she has limited control of her power, as seen in the video. But, unfortunately, i have no idea where the source of her powers lie...

Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden V is not set to release at the same time as Kingdom Hearts II. KHII's official release date is now March 28, 2006! Do your part and buy Suikoden V!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that the official date for Suikoden V was the 28th? Well, I'm still getting Suikoden V on the 29th either way (it gives the nice people at Gamestop enough time to be able to get it at least halfway in the shop before I swamp them)...

I thought that chakrams could be used both ways. Sun Shang Xiang used them at both close and long ranges.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like its confirmed now that Syrias' Chakrams are indeed thrown. In the System area of the official website they 've updated some battle images including Syrias throwning both chakram at the same time. They seem to curl in the air like boomerangs or like Rina (GS2) throwing a card with each hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: