Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Roommates and potential problems
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg, i disagree! there's no need to use gender to get to speak to her room-mate alone. that kind of suggests that if it was a guy, then he has no right/opportunity to talk to her. in fact, she should just say it in front of him: you're rather noisy when you're together. i feel uncomfortable. blah blah blah.

so, is this a room where you can see each other's beds, and yet, they still do this? get one of those dressing blind thingies, or you know, invite your whole class for a study session and see if they're going to try that crap in front of xx many people again. if they think that "it's just 1 room mate", then they seriously have no manners, or they love an audience. either way, that seems very uncomfortable!

my ex's housemate had this thing about leaving the radio on loudly. he'd leave it on when he'd go to work, and turn it louder when he'd come home. it was all indie music, so we grew to hate it, and that station. that was infuriating, but he was generally a nice person
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahh Jen, whether you go up to her or as you say, "run away" from the problem by switching roomates, you have to do it soon. You have to remember that she is basically putting your future in jeopardy. If you can't keep up with studies then it's going to have long term effects. She has to understand this and realize you have every right to be upset at her actions. It's your room too and you're paying for it, so she needs to understand that your voice matters in the situation.

Bugg's idea would actually help save up money for another place provided that you don't get caught. Heh

My experiences with roomates were actually very good. I just wish the two of them didn't graduate so I would be able to live with them. I lived with my roommates May and Omar. May was a pretty girl who knew how to cook really well. Gheorge was a guy that had a family that was rich and therefore paid for our rent. My job was tutoring them and helping May clean up. We learned so much about each other and learned to respect each other. Gheorghe had a tough time respecting women before he met May. May never lived with a minority before me. Also, both of them were Suikoden deprived when I me them. If anyone wonders about my contributions regarding Chris' level 99 trick, suikosource's stat chart, and finding the right defense stat for saving Nanami, it was May that helped me on most of them.

It's too bad most people don't have experiences like this. You really do learn a lot from people when you try to understand them. Hopefully it gets better for you, Jen. Please keep us updated.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Bugg's fun solution to the problem, you could even expand that. Next time they do it just sit up on your bed and whip out the popcorn and enjoy the show, you can even cheer and clap if they do a good job. If they have a problem with you doing that, than you can express your feelings of having them do that while you are right across the room. Hopefully you get the situation worked out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: