Suikoden Urgent and Informational Kraalesque Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Rules for Maritime Territories and Naval Battles (Rev. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ideally only once, because it'd require work by admins to change cre members in ships.

And I think I said one ship/port.
Nekomancer

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How affective can cavalry be on the seas? I can see how infanty can board an enemy ship, magicians and archers can use long range attacks, but horses? Sorry if this has been adressed and I missed it.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, I guess I was mistaken then. Sorry.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nekomancer wrote:
How affective can cavalry be on the seas? I can see how infanty can board an enemy ship, magicians and archers can use long range attacks, but horses? Sorry if this has been adressed and I missed it.

They are treated as infantry, it says it in the 'navy units' section of the rules.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do we know which ships we are allowed to purchase? The rules don't specify what the ports' stats must be in order to hold a ship like a Galleon compared to a Dromon compared to a Longboat, etc.

And for the "Attack Power" description, am I right in assuming that the member who fills the Artillery post will determine the long-range attack power based on their own ATK rating in their profile? And would the same be true for the Marine unit in short-range attacking?

This may have been asked already, but if a nation wins a naval battle in an enemy's territory, are they able to attack the port in the same Phase? Meaning, after the Naval Battle takes place, must nations then fight a 3 Turn land battle as well?

Lastly, what's with the (?) in the place of potch for the upper level ships? Can these be purchased or can they only be acquired through special means?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
How do we know which ships we are allowed to purchase? The rules don't specify what the ports' stats must be in order to hold a ship like a Galleon compared to a Dromon compared to a Longboat, etc.

potch needed to buy ship/10000

For example Trista Duon has a 22 Dev. This means the highest ship it can make is a Trireme. If you tried to make an Xebec that's 250000/10000 that's 25. Seeing as Trista Duon has only 22 it cannot build a Xebec unless you raise the stat which will become a reality in P10.

Quote:
And for the "Attack Power" description, am I right in assuming that the member who fills the Artillery post will determine the long-range attack power based on their own ATK rating in their profile? And would the same be true for the Marine unit in short-range attacking?

I'm not sure but it may be determined by Regiment Attack in all likeness.

Quote:
This may have been asked already, but if a nation wins a naval battle in an enemy's territory, are they able to attack the port in the same Phase? Meaning, after the Naval Battle takes place, must nations then fight a 3 Turn land battle as well?

No. The Naval battle still needs to happen before a direct land assault. But this will not be the case if a nation has no ships to fight in the waters. Meaning no ship equals direct attacks being waged on your ports.

Quote:
Lastly, what's with the (?) in the place of potch for the upper level ships? Can these be purchased or can they only be acquired through special means?

The ? is there because almost no port can build them so it's kind of like how the advanced units were, and they are more likely to be found than bought at this point it seems.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When ships are battling on the inside for control, is it a battle only between the Marine units or is it all three units?
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:

For example Trista Duon has a 22 Dev. This means the highest ship it can make is a Trireme. If you tried to make an Xebec that's 250000/10000 that's 25. Seeing as Trista Duon has only 22 it cannot build a Xebec unless you raise the stat which will become a reality in P10.

Ahh yes. I forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
I'm not sure but it may be determined by Regiment Attack in all likeness.

That's what I meant, Regiment Attack. The stat above Leadership.

Quote:
No. The Naval battle still needs to happen before a direct land assault. But this will not be the case if a nation has no ships to fight in the waters. Meaning no ship equals direct attacks being waged on your ports.

The ? is there because almost no port can build them so it's kind of like how the advanced units were, and they are more likely to be found than bought at this point it seems.

Thanks for the answers, man. Much appreciated. :D

Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally I find the whole idea of naval battles in this way quite interesting, and quite the novel addition to the war system as a whole. However I say that while this is added, I would suggest that development of these territories also become possible, while defending is also made by sea and such. I mean this is one of those reasons as to why development of territories in and of themselves should also become a viable option. Thats just a thought, since really shouldnt it be a given that some time in the future, the options arise to allow for more ships to be open to people at their various ports. Since apparently this can be done, if Username is right but I am not compeltely sure right this moment what P10 means, and I would be rather appreciative of being told what it does mean. Just a thought though, it might hold some kind of importance, or may have been just a typo.

Personally I would think that regimental attack would be the most important factor in dealing with just how powerful someones attack would be in a boat battle. It would only go to figure that would be the case, also factored in naturally would be the ability of the ship itself. Naturally some ships will be more powerful than others when it comes attack, so more than likely it would just be further addition to the attack power that is already there available to them.

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Since apparently this can be done, if Username is right but I am not compeltely sure right this moment what P10 means, and I would be rather appreciative of being told what it does mean.

I believe P10 means phase 10.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Username wrote:

Okay hold on now. Tinto's port development stat is only 24, yet they were able to acquire a 400,000 potch Dromon to be their ship. How were they able to do this? Was this rule ignored when it comes to the free ship that Sars gave us?

Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

Okay hold on now. Tinto's port development stat is only 24, yet they were able to acquire a 400,000 potch Dromon to be their ship. How were they able to do this? Was this rule ignored when it comes to the free ship that Sars gave us?

SARS gave free ships of cost up to 400,000 regardless of development, so the answer to your quetion would be yes.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Some more questions.

If I go on a Naval adventure and other mercenaries come with me can they come as crew of my ship?

Or will they have to bring their own vessels?

I bit hypothetical this one, but considering that I hire my vessel to a Nation and my vessel gets captured, and later the Nation which I hired my vessel manages to captures my vessel back.

So if I had a notice in my contract saying that if the nation that lost my vessel to another nation and later manages to recapture it should give it back to me.

Can that work?

Of course it will be up to the will of the Nation, considering that they don't give it back and break our contract then I will punish them with my own penalty points system.

Also will I get an explanation as owner of The Black Dragon as to what the Special Luxury does?

Or I will have to find out in the high seas?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh yes, one thing I need to add is that the 75% penalty for "cut off" does not exist in naval battles. This is because ships carry their own supplies.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Er... I"m not complaining.. I'm just trying to give a rash reason onto how Falena can raid Mansulio on our land...when they don't even really control the maritime supriority in that area...? I guess since it is allowed let it be so..but I still can't figure out how thats possible...? I'm willing to open my mind :-P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: