Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lost (Spoilers)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lessing

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That was me. I didn't realize guests could post here.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:
Himuro wrote:
The show needs to be renamed Mr. Eko Makes It So, And Ye Shall Be Called Lost.

Yep, I agree completely. *takes several steps to the side of Himuro* :P Just messing.

Anyway, I'm fairly surprised nobody has talked about the last episode in here yet. An episode, I thought, was VERY good. It had dark elements in it just like the rest of the season thus far, but it was more about the characters interacting than anything else. For that, it reminded me of the earliest episodes of Season 1, when it was truly an ensemble show--that is, almost every actor had a part in the episode, even if it was a small one. In this episode, we got to see a lot of interaction in a situation where people weren't totally flipped out or being attacked constantly. This one and Hurley's episode have been two of my favorites of the season so far, for that reason.

Was anyone else cheering when Locke beat the crud out of Charlie? That was so great! Locke seemed ultra-PO'd this episode, which was really out of character for him. But, I was kinda waiting for him to take charge again since every show he's just been "gee golly, I dunno Jack...". Don't get me wrong, I like Charlie, but I just love it when people get punched on this show, hehe. :D

I actually felt sorry for Charlie, and I could start to see the divisiveness of some of the Fuselage people. Charlie will now become an outcast of sorts, which was easy to figure out, but I think there was some tension between the two characters of Locke and Eko as well. When Charlie went to Locke with his dreams, Locke told him to stay away from Claire, but when he went to Eko with the same problem Eko gave him a totally opposite conclusion. And then the scene where Charlie is telling Claire that she needs Aaron to be baptised, the camera does a shot of Locke who's looking on that sent shivers down my spine. Locke's thinking "What the hell is this guy doing!? He's not listening to me! That can't be right!" So in a sense, the conflicting philosophies of Locke and Eko were at war here. That's my interpreation, at least.

Then there was the other great moment of the episode: Hurley and Libby doing laundry. Hurley asks her "Do I... know you from somewhere?" And Libby gives him such a look, like "Oh crap, I'm busted! This fat guy knows something about me!" It was really strange. Then she says something about him stepping on her foot, but I don't really buy that and I don't think Hurley buys it either. After he asks her that question, Libby responds with "You mean, from somewhere other than the plane?" And Hurley has a confused look and says "...The Plane?" He doesn't remember her from there!! Something is fishy here.

I'm rooting for Hurley though, hehe. ;)

So, what are your thoughts of this episode?

For Deloseth (you're welcome in advanced) ;). The preview for the next episode was rather vague. It showed a lot of quick flashes of the survivors who aren't doing anything of any importance. Ana-Lucia says to Jack, "That's what I like about you all. You're not scared enough." Then we see Sun tending to her garden, and it starts to rain suddenly. And then there are a lot of quick flashes... of Sun getting kidnapped!! Someone throws a black bag over her head and starts dragging her away! Then, at the end of the episode, Sayid and Hurley are sitting next to each other listening to the Tailies' radio, and Hurley says "Quiet!" as some noise starts coming through other than static.

Next week's show is a repeat of "Numbers" from Season 1, so this new episode will be aired on February 1st. :(

I honestly felt sorry for Charlie. I thought he was he was going insane for awhile. Seems he pretty much is. Felt sorry and disappointed at the same time, ya know?
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I'm surprised nobody has posted anything about last night's episode. For those who may have missed it I'll write a little recap here.

The show opens recapping Charlie holding the baby and then the "Zeke" encounter and then Jack talking to Ana-Lucia about training an army. After the recaps of the episode it shows Jack and Locke going into the safe checking the guns out. Jack asks for the combination but Locke is weary to tell, however for safety's sake (in case Locke falls of a cliff or something) he tells him, but they agree that they must consult eachother before opening the safe. Locke then informs Jack he might want to start putting the medicine in the safe. As Jack asks why, the scene cust to sawyer coming from the ocean talking to Charlie about how Claire kicked him out of the main community but Charlie tells his he shouldn't worry about him, but he should worry about Jack in his tent. Sawyer looks over and sees Jack rifling through his tent. Sawyer goes over and the two get into a skirmish. Jack finds medicine in his tent and Sawyer explains that the stuff was rightfully his in the firstplace. When he went on the raft, he left his stash behind and the stuff he took, was rightfully his. Harsh words are spoken and then the Lost logoflashes over.

The following scene is a flashback of Sawyer, awakening in bed, seeing a clock and saying he's late, he gets up and puts his shirt on and grabs a suitcase, as he pulls it, the suitcase opens and the cash insde falls all over (Suond familiar? They did this in his first flashback) but this time the girl catches on, and grabs a bunch of cash and rifles through it, seeing its all a bunch of newspaper. She then says that she was a poor tagret and that she didn't have any cash from her divorce. As Sawyer realizes he's caught he starts to gather his cahs and leave, but the girl stops him and asks if Sawyer can teach her how to con people.

The flashback segment ends and it shows Sawyer in his tent and Kate coming up mentioning the medicine and then hands him a Elegant magazine from the hatch. He then tells her he'd love to read it (they're quite hard pressed for reading material apparently) but he lost his glasses on the raft. Just as Kate starts to talk about "10 ways to be a sensitive man" or something Locke walks by and Sawyer comments on him being sensitive. Kate then explains he only moved to the region because Claire asked him to. Sawyer then somehow mentions that he was asked to join a revolution by Jack and Ana-Lucia, and Kate ahd a look of surprise on her face.

The next scene has Sayid pounding coconuts. Hurley comes up and shows him a transceiver that the tailies had and picked up Boone's signal with. Sayid tells him that there's no hope because its a shotwave radio and its a waste of time to work on that. Hurley then tells Sayid he was only trying to sheer him up and leaves the radio.

The next scene Ana-Lucia catches up with Jack walking in the woods and they talk about how easy Jack got the combo to the guns. Then she starts talking about the people thinking their safe (In the preview, we saw Ana say "That's the thing with you people... you think you're safe" That was this scene.). Jack tells her that they know they aren't safe.

The next scene shows Sun in her garden planting some aloe plants when she hears a rumble of thunder and then some rustling in the grasses around her, she shows a worried face and then from the grasses Vincent comes running out. She gets releived and speaks korean to the dog. After he leaves it begins to downpour. Then a black bag quickly wraps around her head and she starts screaming. The scene shifts to Sawyer and Kate, just as the rains came down. Sawyer gets in his tent and pulls Kate in, they look to be having fun when they hear the screams. Kate tells Sawyer that it was Sun screaming and they both run off to help her. When they get to the garden, Sun in lying on the ground bleeding from her head. Sawyer grabs her and tells Kate to go get Jack. Sawyer picks her up and brings her to the camp. Jack shows up and the place her in Sawyer's tent. Jin runs in screaming in Korean, but Jack calms him. Kate explains that they found her with her hands tied also. Ana-Lucia who showed up also says "Its them... they're back."

The next scene shows Jack, Locke, Ana, Sawyer and Kate standing in a circle. Ana wants to look around with guns, but Locke disagrees. They decide to wait for sun to regain conciousness and then decide. Kate and Sawyer so looking into the garden. Sawyer points out that something is fishy. Sawyer asks how Sun could escape when she weighs so little but Kate couldn't when they captured her. They then found a black hood, used to cover Sun. Kate explains that its the hood the Others used, but Sawyer says its not, different weave of fabric. He says he pays attention to the details. Katye asks, if it isn't them then who? Why would any of "us" attack her? Sawyer then says something like "Well, its a great way to scare people into joining an army".

The next portion of the flashback pops up, showing Sawyer labeling crap gold neckaces for 1,200 dollars and up. The girl (Cassidy) points out that they're trash but Sawyer says its the fine details that get the con to work, not the value. The scene goes to Sawyer approaching some guys at a gas station and offers them the neckalces. The guys question where he got them, and Sawyer insinuates they're stolen. Just as he's about to leave giving up Cassidy comes in and asks to buy a few. She buys 2 or 3 and the guys see they're missing out on a deal and buy more from him. The con worked.

The flashback ends and Jack is checking on Sun. He leaves her with Jin and as he's walking away, Kate comes up and talks with Jack. She asks about Sun's head and then asks how well he knows Ana-Lucia. Jack doesn't answer. Kate goes on to explain that the others said if they (The Losties) left them (The Others) alone, they (The Others) wouldn't harm them (The Losties). Why would they break it a few days later? Jack gets that she's hinting someone else did it and he asks who. Kate replies with, "Like I sad, How well do you know Ana-Lucia?" Jack just walks away.

The next scene has Ana-Lucia telling Jack more people are interested in joining the army to fight the others and Jack asks her where she was during the rainstorm. Ana-Lucia gets appauled at the presumption she had anything to do with Sun's attack. She asks where he would get an idea like that. Before Jack could say anything Claire comes with Aaron saying Sun is awake. They go to Sun and she says she doesn't remember anything of value. Jin is there getting angry and he starts asking Jack for a gun. Sawyer is behind them by a good 15 feet by a campfire watching when Kate approaches and asks what is going on. Sawyer tells her that they're going to probably start a "posse". Ana and Kate exchange glances and Kate realizes its a ploy by Ana to get her hands on the guns. Kate tells Sawyer to go tell Locke they're coming.

The next flashback shows Cassidy in the shower talkign to Sawyer about doing a big job. She wants to do a "Long Con" (the title of this episode is the Long Con) but Sawyer tells her they need to get a lot of money before they can do a long con. Cassidy reveals then that she lied about not receiving any money in the settlement and that she really has 600,000 dollars from it. Sawyer tells her that they should go sit on a beach and not use it, but she insists. She wants to do the con because its with Sawyer.

The following scene returns to the island with Locke alphabetizing books. Sawyer comes in making fun of him picking a poor time to start the "Dewey Decimal System". Locke asks what he wants and Sawyer tells him that Jack is coming down to take the guns. And that its more than just Jack, its probably a whole group of people. Locke questions why Sawyer would tell him this information and he says that it will anger Jack and thats enough for him. Locke tells Sawyer to man the button while he moves the guns (because it'd take too long to change the combination). Sawyer agrees.

The next scene is the flashback again. Sawyer is in a diner being served food by a waitress (Kate's Mother naturally, what would this episode be without a tie in with another Lostie). A man comes in and joins Sawyer and they talk about how the con on Cassidy (Yes its a long con on Cassidy, who didn't see that coming?) is going and Sawyer tells him he got her, but he doesn't want to do it because he loves her. The guy tells Sawyer he's going to do it because a "tiger doesn't change his stripes" and that if he doesn't he's going to kill him and Cassidy.

The scene then goes to Sawyer at the button. Jack and Jin come in and Jack asks what Sawyer is doing there. Sawyer tells jack "Hold on, I've almost got the high score on Donkey Kong" I just love his quips, you can't help but love Sawyer. Anyhow Sawyer enters the numbers (the computer is beeping) and the timer resets to 108. Jack goes to the safe and opens it to see the entire thing empty. Sawyer comes in and says "Looks like we got ourselves a theft. Who's gonna call the cops?" Jack goes to confront Sawyer but Jin stops him. Sawyer then tosses Jack his medicine that he had, rubbing it in.

The next scene has Jack approaching Locke at the night-time campfire. Its dark ot and Jack asks where Locke put the guns and they had an agreement. Locke pointts out that he and Jin were going to break that agreement and he had to move them. Locke and Jack start arguing over whether the guns should be handed out or not and who gets them. Locke claims that with so many people, accidents can happent, another accident. I love how the camera shifted to Ana-Lucia at this point, it is so great how they make everyone hate her so much. Locke explains that he taught Michael how to shoot and now he's roaming the island or could be dead for all he knows. He has to burden that responsibility and he cant bear to have that happen again with the entire camp. The two start screaming at eachother until the sound of an automatic gun being fired is heard. Everyone goes silent and they look to the brush where the sound came from. Sawyer immerges holding an automatic and Jack asks Locke if he gave him the guns. Locke says he didn't and that he hid them. Sawyer then comes in explains that the two of them were so busy with eachother and the power struggle that neither of them saw him coming. Everyone at the camp is surprised, Kate, Locke, Jack, Ana, Jin etc. Sawyer then addresses the camp saying they all took his suff after he left and that angers him. Then he goes on to explain that they left Jack and Locke in charge of the camp and he's sick of it and tired of taking orders from them. He explains that now his stuff doesn't matter and all that does are the guns. If anyone wants a gun, they'll have to come to Sawyer to get it. He exclaims "There's a new Sheriff in town" which is a great line. He then walks away with everyone in awe.

The next scene is a flashback. It shows Sawyer coming into a house with Cassidy in it and he explains that she was the long con and that he'd been playing her. She begins to hit him but then he explains that he told his partner he wasn't going to do it because he cared too much about Cassidy. He explained that his partner was going to kill them both. He tells her to run and hide in Sioux City. He hands her thebriefcase of money and sends her on her way with an I love you.

The scene breaks away back to the island with Kate coming to Sawyer asking how he did it. Kate explains that if Sawyer was in the hatch with the button when Locke moved the guns, and Sawyer can't track for his life, how'd he get them. Sawyer doesn't reveal his secrets. Kate asks if he had anything to do with Sun's attack. (We know that he couldn't have done it because he was with Kate at the time) Sawyer asks Kate what kin of person does she think he is. Kate thenm explains that she doesn't think it has anything to do with guns or his stash, he just wants people to hate him. Sawyer replies "Good thing you don't hate me, Freckles." Kates expression shows truth, but a reluctant truth. She asks why he had to do this and he replies "You run, I con. A tiger doesn't change his stripes" referring to the flashback. I love it when that happens, don't you? Kate leaves and the scene shifts to Sayid and Hurley. Hurley found a manuscript of a play or something but then Sayid shows him the modified transceiver. They start scrolling through the stations an hear Rousseau's transmission and then they hear some music. The song is Moonlight Serenade and Sayid explains that the radiowaves at that frequency bounce off the ionosphere and could be coming from anywhere and to not get their hopes up. Hurley then tosses in they could be coming from anywhere, or any time. There's a pause and then he says just kidding due. What was that all about?

The scene then goes to Sawyer walking in the woods. He meets up with Charlie. Sawyer asks if anyone saw him and he replied no. Charlie goes on to explain that he doesn't want anyone knowing what he did to Sun either and Sawyer assures him the secret is safe. Sawyer hands him the virgin mary statues but Charlie says he doesn't want them and that he did it to humiliate Locke. Charlie asks, how did he think of something like that. It was pretty intricate, but that IS what Sawyer does, cons people.

The final flashback scene shows Sawyer entering the catr where his partner was supposed to be but the seat is empty. He then enters the house and uncovers a satchel of money, the real 600 thousand dollars. He conned the girl anyway. As he's walking out he sees a photo of him and Cassidy holding eachother, he then places it face down on the table and walks away. The scene goes back to Charlie and Sawyer right after Charlie asked how he could have thunk up a plan like thet. Sawyer replied "I'm not a good person Charlie, never did a good thing in my life." And with that, the episode ends.

I loved it. I loved the huge twist. I decided not to put it in spoiler tags because that not only is a lot of blackness but the spoiler tag is in the thread's title. I dn't know whether I should punch Sawyer or throw him a party. That was a real ballsy move and I love it. I can not wait for the next episode.

The preview shows them capturing one of the Others and Sayid tying his hair back because he's going to torture him to get more information. Also it has Jack and Locke arguing while the counter for the hatch hits zero. If you want to see it for yourself Download the zip file through that link. Its not too large. Its got me quite hyped up to say the least. I went nuts when I saw that.

So opinions on it? Also I'm going to have to update my avatar to include the new "Other" on there, dammit.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Charlie, nooooooooo!

It's getting kinda hard to be sympathetic towards Charlie anymore. I mean, yeah, you want to get back at Locke. But bashing Sun over the head's a no no. Wish I knew what her and Jin were saying to each other. I know it's nothing important, but I can't help but wonder.

And Sawyer's coup d'etat was awesome. But it's put Sawyer right back to where he started, hated loner, and I'm not too sure I like that. We'll just have to see how it goes (Anyone else think he was being played by Cassidy all throughout? I thought it might have gone towards explaining his cynicism and inability to trust anyone).

Cameo by Kate's mom, yay!

Red, I could kiss you. Next week's looks to be another doozy.

Edit: Hmm, it suddenly struck me that Charlie didn't actually bash Sun over the head at all, she ran into a tree while escaping. Still, kidnapping your fellow survivors is also a no no.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Holy crap last night was amazing. Guys...check out the avatar!

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x13/diane.jpg
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x13/cassidy.jpg
http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x13/cassidyCompare.gif

Interesting stuff. Before we all thought that was Jack's ex-wife in that pic.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very good episode. One of the best ones of the season, as far as I'm concerned. I actually agreed with Sawyer at the end when he was berating everyone because they let Jack and Locke tell them what to do. I almost cheered, hehe. I'm really looking forward to what happens when the Islanders have no weapons, especially if the Others return. I also can't wait to see what "Sheriff Sawyer" does now that he's got the upperhand. :D

Anyone catch the manuscript that Hurley was reading? The title was "Bad Twin", and the writer was "Gary Troup". Now, I think this whole scene was put in just to mess with the LOST Conspirators out there. The whole "evil clone" theory has had a large backing, as has the "Purgatory" speculation (re-arrange Gary Troup and it spells "purgatory" ;)). Then Hurley makes a little comment about time travel and then says he's kidding right after. I think the whole scene was just to poke fun at the hardcore fans. To a casual observer, it seemed like a big build up in the preview and had virtually no redeeming factors when it was aired.

I thought it was funny, though.

The book that Locke was holding upside down was "Owl Creek Bridge", I believe. Anybody know anything about it? Methinks it has some significance or relevance.

Ah yes, and two more wonderful lines from Hurley and Sawyer!

Hurley (to Sayid): You gonna put the lime in the coconut, drink them both up?
Sawyer: Just a second, I'm about to get the high score on Donkey Kong."

:mrgreen: *standing ovation* :mrgreen:

Deloseth wrote:
Charlie, nooooooooo!

It's getting kinda hard to be sympathetic towards Charlie anymore. I mean, yeah, you want to get back at Locke. But bashing Sun over the head's a no no. Wish I knew what her and Jin were saying to each other. I know it's nothing important, but I can't help but wonder.

I thought that Sun said she kicked and fought and started running away from the kidnapper, and then she tripped and hurt her head. I didn't think Charlie meant to hurt her, just frighten her (and the rest of the Islanders) as part of Sawyer's plan.

And I think it takes Charlie's character to another level because he's finally done something (besides taking drugs) that is considered "bad" (for the simplest definition possible). It adds a new dynamic to his character, I think, that he now hates Locke so much he's willing to work with Sawyer just for the fact it would make Locke look like a fool. Because before the final scene came up with Sawyer and Charlie in the woods, I was trying to think who it was who could have collaborated with Sawyer to carry it out, and I figured it was Charlie because of the Virgin Mary statues that were missing as well. The fact that the heroin wasn't the reason Charlie helped him encriched his character, in my opinion.

Definitely not sympathetic anymore, though. But I think I may actually like him now for more reasons than the fact that he was in "Lord of the Rings". I'm interested to see if Sawyer comes back to blackmail him later on in the show, or to see what else Charlie is capable of doing in his hate for Locke.

Quote:
And Sawyer's coup d'etat was awesome. But it's put Sawyer right back to where he started, hated loner, and I'm not too sure I like that. We'll just have to see how it goes (Anyone else think he was being played by Cassidy all throughout? I thought it might have gone towards explaining his cynicism and inability to trust anyone).

Yeah, it was a great plan, playing each side against each other. "Making them think it was their idea." :D *applauds*

And I agree with you about Cassidy. I was thinking that she was already a con artist, or possibly working with the FBI, in order to hook Sawyer for a long con.

In the end, I think it was a very powerful scene between Sawyer and Charlie when he says "I'm not a good person. I've never done a good thing in my whole life." Just when you thought there was a redeeming quality about Sawyer, you see that he did in fact take Cassidy's money.

(If you remember to season 1 though, when Sawyer and Kate are doing their drinking game, when one of them asks if the other has ever been in love Saywer doesn't drink. So I was waiting for the conclusion of that flashback to end sadly one way or the other. I wasn't disappointed.)

Quote:
Cameo by Kate's mom, yay!

Yep, so Sawyer has been in Boone's flashback, he's met Jack's dad, and now Kate's mother, heh. The connections are spiraling into a web of intrigue! :P

Quote:
Edit: Hmm, it suddenly struck me that Charlie didn't actually bash Sun over the head at all, she ran into a tree while escaping. Still, kidnapping your fellow survivors is also a no no.

Oh, ok. Then disavow the earlier part to this post. ;)

Red wrote:
The preview shows them capturing one of the Others and Sayid tying his hair back because he's going to torture him to get more information. Also it has Jack and Locke arguing while the counter for the hatch hits zero. If you want to see it for yourself Download the zip file through that link. Its not too large. Its got me quite hyped up to say the least. I went nuts when I saw that.

Del wrote:
Next week's looks to be another doozy.

I agree, this season is really pushing itself faster now. I had a feeling things would pick up once the "tailies" arrived, and I haven't been disappointed yet. (Except for Jack's latest episode... I thought it was a waste.)

So, what do you think will happen when the timer reaches '0'??? I think the blast doors will slam down, and the people inside will start freaking out, building everything up to a crescendo and then... L O S T.

(Either that, or it's just messing with us again, like the Jin line "Everything's going to change," or the whole deal with Sayid and Hurley and the radio in this last episode. Locke might be dreaming or something and wake up right after it hits '0'. I hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully the whole thing with the clock isn't a friggin tease or a dream. I can imagine it now: clock hits zero at the very last second of the next episode.

EDIT: Watch your language please.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An interesting episode. At first when Sun was "kidnapped" I thought that it was Ana-Lucia or Jack, but then when Sawyer and Kate started talking about it that theory went out the window since it would be way too obvious for lost. After a couple of Sawyer's flashbacks it became clear that he was running a long con on everyone on the island.

Next episode should be good, the timer reaching zero because of Jack (who I''ve really disliked for awhile now), a prisoner who's been shot with an arrow by the looks of it and the reappearance of Rousseau.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whoa, I think I recognize this pic that Himuro posted: http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x13/cassidy.jpg

Isn't that the pic from inside the hatch in the Season 2 opener? :shock:

I remember that Jack was walking by that mural and stuff after he first got in there, and there was this photo with a couple that no one could explain at the time.

Can anyone go back and watch that first episode "Man of Science; Man of Faith" to confirm this?

Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yea i loved this episode. It seems lost jumps around from really good episodes, bland episodes, then back to really good episodes. Up untill this episode i was wondering what happened to the tough guy Sawyer. He has been so mellow lately with his whole relationship with Kate that you kind of wanted to stick up for him when Jack gives him a hard time. This episode kind of set things straight as far as Sawyer goes for me. He is a hard ass who is really only out for himself. He definitely has the upper hand now with all the guns, but i see him giving up his stash once there is a threat to the camp. Maybe not all the guns, but at least some to jack and the lead characters so they can survive. As far as his long con goes on the island, i have to say that it is one of the smarter and more well thought of things that has happened. By playing on people's emotions he was able to gain nothing but trust from the other lost members.

Personally though i still think he really likes kate and she will have some part in him making amends for the recent events.

A question that i have is where the hell are they hiding all these guns? Locke apparently knows every inch of the jungle so don't you think it would be logical that he would be able to find where they are hidden. I can imagine that there are only so many caves to use and if they dug a pit to hide the guns then he would be able to notice it. Who knows though, they just better hope that the others don't find the guns, then they are really screwed.

I am very excited about next week's episode. I want to know what kind of information they will be able to get out of the prisioner. Maybe we will be able to find out where the other people came from and what their agenda is. I also would like to know what happened to michael. They never elaborated much on how he was captured or what they planned to do with him so i suspect we will see an episode dedicated to him in the near future.

Well that is about it for my little review of this week's episode. I thought it was great and definitely one of the more interesting episodes we have seen. Until next week.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This episode tonight is going to great. Hopefully it's not another tease but whatever..I have high expectations!
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5685455 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tonight's episode was a pretty big tease for me. I was expecting big things and all we got were preludes to the next episode. One of the things i noticed fairly early on though was the U.S. army guy. He is the same one (I think at least) as the leader of the others. I thought at first that it couldn't be him because they have seen him a couple of times, but then i remembered that Sayid has never seen him on the island.

Getting some more background on Sayid was nice, but it really didn't tell us all that much. Sure we know how he became a torturer, but not much more. Still i like Sayid character and it boosted it for me some more.

I also didn't expect to have anything major happen when, or for that matter even let the timer run down. But it did go to zero and some symbols started appearing in red. They reminded me of egyptian heiroglyphics (don't know about the spelling). Locke managed to get the code in though so the disaster was apparently averted.

As far as the captured person goes i think he is one of the others. That look on his face once they closed the door on him just looked funny to me. I mean Sayid just beat the crap out of him and he sort of had a grin on his face. My prediction is that he will escape and that guy will seek out his revenge on Sayid. Who knows though. He could actually be a normal guy who just wrecked on the island like probably everyone is.

I liked the comment by Locke when he told Jack that they were all others to someone else. Good Stuff. I didn't mind the episode, but is was definitely a filler and nothing compared to last week's. I wonder how long we will have to wait for the next one since the previews didn't say next week, but rather next time. That usually means a 2 to 3 week period of re-runs.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Barbarosa. It was almost completely filler.

I liked the scene where Sayid talks about "remembering each shovel of dirt". He was about to burst into tears, and I thought it was emotional. (I still don't care about Shannon, but I feel sorry for Sayid.) Overall, though, I got the sense that Sayid's dark side is prevailing.

I liked the reference back to Ethan kidnapping Claire and hanging Charlie because it sets up the next episode in a way, but I just wish there was more to it than that. That scene at the end with Sayid and Charlie just seemed like an easy way for the writers to wrap things up with what was going on inside Sayid's head. Usually the flashbacks give us those clues, but this time Sayid simply explained it out loud. I thought it was lazy writing, although I liked the last line he said to Charlie: "You haven't forgotten, have you?" (Or something like that.) Good closer.

I didn't understand the whole Sawyer-Hurley-Tree frog sub-story... It was pretty strange to start with: after seeing Sawyer just announce his rule over the encampment he comes back trying to catch a noisy frog. And then squishing it in his hand!? That was just disturbing. I'm starting to see more and more dark sides to these characters than ever before... I wonder if it's a trend.

BR wrote:
One of the things i noticed fairly early on though was the U.S. army guy. He is the same one (I think at least) as the leader of the others. I thought at first that it couldn't be him because they have seen him a couple of times, but then i remembered that Sayid has never seen him on the island.

Which guy was that? The dude who spoke to Sayid at the end of his flashback? The only guy I recognized was Kate's father. (Well... not her real father, but you know who I mean.)

I liked Sayid's flashback this time because we got to see him transform from a good, loyal soldier to someone capable of carrying out an evil deed. We got to see his loving side with the Nadia story, and now we get to see his twisted side. Sure, the dude he tortured killed several people in his home town with tests of serin gas, but torture is still torture and he was his commanding officer.

Quote:
I also didn't expect to have anything major happen when, or for that matter even let the timer run down. But it did go to zero and some symbols started appearing in red. They reminded me of egyptian heiroglyphics (don't know about the spelling). Locke managed to get the code in though so the disaster was apparently averted.

Even though nothing happened (I had a feeling it would be a tease like that), at least we know that something happens when that timer reaches '0'. It doesn't just go DING! and tell you the popcorn is done. So Jack's theory that nothing happens can go out the door.

And who knows? Something might have happened by just letting those red hieroglyphics appear. It doesn't have to be immediately noticable, but maybe it's the start of some chain reaction that will lead to some disaster down the road.

All I know, is that I was paying careful attention to Henry (the guy Rousseau captured), and throughout the entire show he seemed quite normal and believable to me. But after Locke pushed the button, it looked to me like a change had come over Henry in the armory. Just an observation, it may be unrelated and it may not be.

BR wrote:
I wonder how long we will have to wait for the next one since the previews didn't say next week, but rather next time. That usually means a 2 to 3 week period of re-runs.

Next week is a re-airing of the Pilot episode(s) from Season 1. The next new episode wil air the week after on March 1. It will be a Claire-centered episode (obviously) called "Maternity Leave" in which she retraces her steps from back when she was kidnapped by Ethan. Apparently, the actor who plays Ethan will be guest starring in the episode in some new scenes.

(My theory is this: Ethan is NOT one of the "Others" (Zeke and his crew of vanishing, whispering zombie-folk) but is instead part of ANOTHER band of survivors on the island. My guess is the Henry guy who Sayid beat up is a part of this same group. Their purpose isn't entirely clear, but I'm thinking that they are in opposition with the "Others" in some way. That's my speculation, at least.)

For Deloseth:

The preview starts off by showing a few scenes from Season 1 when Claire was attacked in her sleep. Claire goes to see Libby for help (her being a psychologist and all), so apparently Libby hypnotizes her :roll: and Claire starts to remember stuff. She sets out with Kate and Rousseau (I think Rousseau meets her in the forest) and at the end of the preview Claire pulls away a few branches and reveals *dun dun DUUUN* another hatch! :shock: (Well, it might not be a "hatch" hatch. The symbol inside the octagon is something different from the Swan and the Arrow. It almost looks like a medical symbol.)

Anyway, the episode looks very promising.

The one after "Maternity Leave" is called "Lockdown", and it's supposedly a Hurley episode. (It's directed by the guy who did "Requiem for a Dream" too, so... it should be weird.) There will also be another Sun/Jin episode, as well as ones for Libby, Locke, Michael, and (rumor has it) Rousseau before the season ends.

Deloseth

Spectacular Slackers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're too good to me, M'lord :D

Finding it difficult to write anything about his week's. As already stated, it was mostly filler. Sure, we got some new info on Sayid's background (and I'm glad I wasn't the only one to spot Kate's dad on the truck) but nothing earth shattering. And, yeah, I'll admit I was expecting more than just Defcon Penguin when the timer reached zero. I knew right in the back of my mind they'd just be teasing us, but still a little disappointing.

But I'm pretty certain Henry's an Other or affiliated with some other (regular sense of the word) group. His grin when Jack rescued him was too shrewd for someone who's just had the crap kicked out of him.

Sawyer perhaps went a bit too far with the fat jokes this week. It's like the writers are testing our limits on how much we're willing to put up from him (Quite a lot in my case, Sawyer rocks). Poor Hurley :(

Anyway, bleh, another gap in the schedule. Guess that means I'll go idle for a couple of weeks :)

Edit: Bah, I really need to stop editing...but this was worth it! Take a look at the symbols here. Now take a look at this. Ominous, no? If only one of the Losties knew hieroglyphics (maybe they do????).
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do know a bit about heiroglyphics, as I took a small course in them during my schooling a few years back. Th "folded cloth" all the way to the left stands for the sound an S makes like in Snake or the sound a C makes is Nice. the second heiroglyph is not seen on the dial but the notes that Deloseth showed (where exactly were those from?) had a curved spiral of sorts. That is not a Heiroglyph I am familiar with however it does look similar to the "Shelter" symbol in heiroglyphics which represents the H sound like in hot or behind. The difference is the shelter H is much more squared looking rather than rounded, but perhaps in laziness the writer drew the heiroglyph rounded. A quich side note, In heirogliphics the S followed by the H does not connect to make the sh sound like in Mash or Shoe. Instead that is condensed to the singe "Lake" symbol which looks like a horizontal bar like you'd see on a slot machine. Or to put it even simpler, its a rectangle with the long sides parallel horizontally. The third symbol is not a phoenetic symbol to my knowledge, however it is seen when time is involved in a heiroglyphic, making it appropriate to be on the clock, but following SH makes little sense to me. The fourth symbol is the vulture which is very commonly seen because it represents several different lettwers in our a;lphabet, but only one particular sound. Remember the heiroglyphics represent sounds, not letters. So with that said, the vulture sounds like the A in Across or about, the E in elf or bet and the O in Olive or cot. The sound my be different in the regions we all live in with the different dialects and accents, but in the egypyian dialect those are all phoenetically similar. The last part is something one can argue. it looks like a possibility of 2 different hieroglyphs or nothing at all. Over the course of the egyptian hieroglyphic writings letters began to change from their original writings to more leniant and relaxed forms. The "shelter" going from staight lines to curves is an example of leniant heiroglyphs. It definitely could happen, and given it happened already once in this (although that symbol was not seen on the dial) paragragh I might happen again. The symbol for F is the "horned viper" which also covers the PH sound in english like in Ferdinand and Pharaoh. The original symbol for horned viper was a squggly horizontal line with two small "horns" protruding on the left side, but this soon gave way because a simple squiggle is jotted can be changed quickly over time and laziness. soon the squiggle with horns came to look similar to a tiltes sideways Y, making the crutch looking thing we see in the dial. However the dial has the crutch reversed so its a Y tipped downward and the hieroglyph I know has it tipped upwards. This is a possibility for that heiroglyph, but the difference in its appearance and the amount of work the producers put into their shows, I doubt that I'm correct with that. The problem I face with the deciphering is that it also looks similar to a portion of the numbering system they have in egyptian heiroglyphs. I can't remember what exactly that represents, but it could be either a fraction (part of the eye of Horus) or a low number divisible by 2.

My girlfreind informed me that someone aleady translated the hieroglyphics anbd apparent;y I was basically correct except the shelter for H was actually a hieratic abbreviation for the quail symbol (since it was difficult to constantly jot they created the spiral one to represent it on informal transcripts) and that represents the W sound like in Wild, also it can represent the O sound in Open or Moon. And there have been instances iof the quail meaning U like heard in Pull or cut. Again, those are the same in the egyption phoenetics, not ours. I guess W,O and U all sound very similar to them.

So we have: SW?A# or SW?E# or SW?O# or SO?A# or SO?E# or SO?O# or SU?A# or SU?E# or SU?O#. Thats what I got at least. The SW might make sense referring to SouthWest but thats in english, Egyptions didnt havce symbols for north south east and west, to my knowledge.

Ok, I'm tired fo translating... speaking of which, is what this episode had a lot to deal with in Sayid's flashbacks. I enjoyed the episode for the most part. We saw Sayid do what he does best, torture. However I think he was still in too much mental sadness to concentrate on his job rather than on Henry (I gotta add him to my avatar eventually). If Henry looked familiar in any way to you guys, he was the actor who played Zep in the movie Saw. If you never saw the movie Saw (I was gonna say saw Saw) he was also in the Legend of Zorro. Outside that he's an unkown.

Umm.. Nothing more to say that hasn't already been said. It was a filler basically but still it provided plenty o entertainment and questions. Is he truly an other? Is he part of the Anothers (Not the others, but Another group)? Is he telling the truth? If he is, he should be able to lead them to the cave and baloon. Maybe Sayid can use the radio Henry spoke of if it was true and the balloon itself as a beacon. I think Sayid knew he was lying because he not only failed to mourn about his wife who died a few weeks ago from a sickness (If that is true, remember Rousseau saying in Season 1 that many of her fellow mates were killed by a sickness?) and the fact Sayid walked along the beach for a long time before he found the wire going into the ocean that lead him to Rousseau initially, he might have passed by them while he was walking. He surely would have noticed a balloon or a cave.

Sawyer's pursuit of the tree frog was stupid, but it showed Hurley's bad side by stealing the food. I think that will be important down the road.

Thats about it. I want to see the next episode but I have to wait until March 1st. Boo.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 7 of 19

Jump to: