Suikoden Unique and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Rules for Maritime Territories and Naval Battles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to point out that I came up with all of this and Sars was just the figure head for it all.

Really...

I swear...

Okay I did squat but I did pipe up with things like "Hmmm that's cool!" and "Oooh shiney"

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that's a lot to take in at once. Nice additions, they should add more depth to our war game.

I have one question though, I didn't see any mention about PP for active patrols. I assume the PP value to attack a region is the same as over land (5 PP iirc) and 3 PP for a voyage which is similar to exploration?

Now I'm going to go convince my king to build a navy...

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Active patrols don't consume any PP. The only thing you need is at least one captain and one ship.

"Voyage" refers to any action involving the use of ships to pas sthrough territorial waters. Attacking other nations will still cost 5 PP, and raids/explorations will cost 3 PP.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A few other questions-

1. What path is taken when there are multiple possibilites for the path? IE Falena attacks Seiba, there are three differnet paths assuming that they go from Caldeaux, more if it starts from a different location.

2. How does one go about taking control of a opponent's maritime location? Do they have to fight to gain it? Is moving through it and not encountering anyone considering taking it?

3. In the same vein as question 2, how does one take nuetral maritime locations?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Timbo wrote:
A few other questions-

1. What path is taken when there are multiple possibilites for the path? IE Falena attacks Seiba, there are three differnet paths assuming that they go from Caldeaux, more if it starts from a different location.

That depends on what path a nation chooses. Alternately, a nation can decide to go through uncharted waters to avoid going through another nation's territorial waters. However, uncharted waters have their own danger.

Quote:

2. How does one go about taking control of a opponent's maritime location? Do they have to fight to gain it? Is moving through it and not encountering anyone considering taking it?

To take maritime superiority of another nation's maritime territory, you'd have to attack that territory and take it (3pp). However, you'll also have to maintain an active patrol.
Quote:

3. In the same vein as question 2, how does one take nuetral maritime locations?

I havn't thought about this at all, actually. I'd say this would cost 2pp.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OK, one more question:

1. If Nation A attacks Nation B's naval territory, and nation B has ships, but Nation B has no ship patrolling the attacked area, is it an instant victory for Nation A?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, even without a patrol, as long as nation B has ships elsewhere, there is a chance they can get to the territory in time. This would depend on proximity.
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love to see how basic elements of the War Games evolve into such complexity... but I hate the inevitable confusion that follows, hehe. Just a few questions here:

1. So, assigning the Captain, Artillery, and Marines is free with the purchase of the boat, and they can be changed at the beginning of each new Phase?

2. Are Naval Units a thing of the past, or will they give their ships an even greater bonus if they are made Captains?

3. Will naval battles that are cut off from the capital be fought at 75% effectivness?

4. In Falena's situation, the regions they hold that are ex-Harmonian are cut off from their capital because they do not own naval superiority in some of the regions between them. So in this case, will they be fighting at 75% effectivness?

5. Same scenario as above, will they still generate PP from the cut off regions?

6. How long does it take to repair a ship?

That's it for now. I'm sure there's more I can ask. (Sorry if there are any duplicate questions. This is a bit over-whelming in nature, and I can't remember all that's been asked.)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You always seem to amaze and stun and scare me with each new addition. It gets so complicated, how will everyone involved handle it without having their head explode? oh well, adds realism I suppose.

so what happens next? Can we have animal units? beast comanders?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nutflush wrote:

1. So, assigning the Captain, Artillery, and Marines is free with the purchase of the boat, and they can be changed at the beginning of each new Phase?

Yes.

Quote:

2. Are Naval Units a thing of the past, or will they give their ships an even greater bonus if they are made Captains?

Yes, and they perform better as artillery regiments and as marines.

Quote:

3. Will naval battles that are cut off from the capital be fought at 75% effectivness?

If a vessel sets off from a cut-off region, they will fight at 75% effectiveness.

Quote:

4. In Falena's situation, the regions they hold that are ex-Harmonian are cut off from their capital because they do not own naval superiority in some of the regions between them. So in this case, will they be fighting at 75% effectivness?

Unless they can negotiate terms with nations who control waters in between these regions, they will be cut-off.. but that would be a bit unfair. They can send supply convoys (2PP) to provide provisions to their people. Unless the convoy is detected and then defeated, they'll be able to rovide supplies. Also, if they have allies who can help out, they can get supplies from them.

Quote:

5. Same scenario as above, will they still generate PP from the cut off regions?

I answered this above.

Quote:

6. How long does it take to repair a ship?

They get repaired at the end of the phase.

That's it for now. I'm sure there's more I can ask. (Sorry if there are any duplicate questions. This is a bit over-whelming in nature, and I can't remember all that's been asked.)[/quote]
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
You always seem to amaze and stun and scare me with each new addition. It gets so complicated, how will everyone involved handle it without having their head explode? oh well, adds realism I suppose.

so what happens next? Can we have animal units? beast comanders?

Well, we already have mantor riders and dragon knights so...
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So if I get this straight... If Nation A wants to attack Nation B and there are 3 black dots in between thy can fight up to 4 battles that phase? 3 against whatever monsters or pirates in the uncontrolled water regions and the fight for naval superiority against Nation B. Am I understanding that properly?

What happens if a nation loses to monsters or pirates on the open water, do they lose boats or what? If a nation encounters a pirate clan of ships, can they board the vessels and take them? if so can they be used immediately or must the nation wait a phase to re-use those commandeered pirate ships?

Also, how many ships can be sent per naval conquest mission? Is there a maximum? Also how many cargo ships go with each ship? All thats really stated is "you are automatically assumed to have max number of cargo shipes allowed for your fleet. " In that case if they're free, We'll send 40 of them out... I mean there has to be a set limit right?

Sorry to be so inquisitive here, but I want to make sure I grasp this entire thing. I don't want to go planing something only for it all to be a waste because I forgot some technicality you know?

If a fleet comes upon more than one battle per voyage but doesn't want to figth each one, I'm assuming you can change tactics for the different fights? Like if nation A encounters pirates on the way to nation B, you can set tactics to "Break Through" until the reach their destination where the tactics change to "Disperse" so they can properly fight their desired opponent?

Also, if damage is incurred on the way to the destination I'm assuming the damage is also taken into account when they reach it and go into that fight with whatever losses incurred on the way? Just to make sure here.

I think thats it for now and thak you Sars for being patient with all of our questions. I know I appreciate it.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Wiseman

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If a nation decides to build a vessel at the beginning of a phase, will the vessel be available to use for that phase or do they have to wait until the next phase?

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
So if I get this straight... If Nation A wants to attack Nation B and there are 3 black dots in between thy can fight up to 4 battles that phase? 3 against whatever monsters or pirates in the uncontrolled water regions and the fight for naval superiority against Nation B. Am I understanding that properly?

Yes

Quote:

What happens if a nation loses to monsters or pirates on the open water, do they lose boats or what? If a nation encounters a pirate clan of ships, can they board the vessels and take them? if so can they be used immediately or must the nation wait a phase to re-use those commandeered pirate ships?

Yes; yes; no, they must have new captains assigned before they can be used, which can only happen at the beginning of a phase.

Quote:

Also, how many ships can be sent per naval conquest mission? Is there a maximum? Also how many cargo ships go with each ship? All thats really stated is "you are automatically assumed to have max number of cargo shipes allowed for your fleet. " In that case if they're free, We'll send 40 of them out... I mean there has to be a set limit right?

This is explained in what I wrote--

Naval Rules wrote:

When going on a voyage, a fleet must be put together. A fleet can be made of 1~3 combat vessels, and one of the captains of must be named as a commodore. Also, an unspecified number of cargo ships (maximum number will be the sum of the RNG of all ships within the fleet) will tag along. Each cargo ship can carry up to 5000 soldiers. A fleet must also choose a strategy, which will determine how the fleet fights the battles.

Quote:

If a fleet comes upon more than one battle per voyage but doesn't want to figth each one, I'm assuming you can change tactics for the different fights? Like if nation A encounters pirates on the way to nation B, you can set tactics to "Break Through" until the reach their destination where the tactics change to "Disperse" so they can properly fight their desired opponent?

Yep.

Quote:

Also, if damage is incurred on the way to the destination I'm assuming the damage is also taken into account when they reach it and go into that fight with whatever losses incurred on the way? Just to make sure here.

Yep.
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman wrote:
If a nation decides to build a vessel at the beginning of a phase, will the vessel be available to use for that phase or do they have to wait until the next phase?

It can be used the same phase they are purchased.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: