Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden V vibe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melange

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like all the news so far about Suikoden 5, it definitely gives off a good vibe. What I particularly like is the tagline they have come up for it which says "Recapture everything". Somehow just seeing that tagline gave me chills down the spine ^^. While it may very well apply mostly for the storyline and plot of Suikoden 5, I like to think of it in a different way; that with Suikoden 5 Konami is trying to 'recapture' all the fun, excitement and glory of the old games which they had kind of 'lost' with Suikoden 4.
Windspun_Monkey

Monkeys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

recapture everything, that sounds pretty interesting. I hope they do. I don't get the oppertunity to play games as much as I used to so I've pretty much just cut myself down to the Suikoden series and occasional other games. This one needs to be great to recapture the glory of the series. I think the FF series is starting to falter, so if this game is great it could steal some of their fanbase.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like the tagline "recapture everything" was vague enough for people to interpret it however they want. Kudos to their marketing department.

As long as this game manage to "recapture everything" that made the past 4 plus 1 Suikoden titles some of the most memorable RPGs of this generation, that is more than good enough.
Alarice

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden IV sort of reminds me of what Nintendo did with Super Mario Brothers 2. I read somewhere that SMB2 was supposed to be an original game with an Arabian vibe to it, but at the last second they changed the playable characters to Mario and friends and slapped on the "Mario" label. But at least it was a enjoyable game, unlike Suikoden IV, which lost that "Suikoden" vibe to it in my opinion.

So this is how I felt Konami produced Suikoden IV:

-Take one generic RPG, radically different from the previous Suikoden games.
-Remove major gameplay aspects that made Suikoden, Suikoden (such as 6-member parties,unique item management system, epic storyline, and memorable, well-developed cast of characters.)
-Slap on the "Suikoden" label.

And you got Suikoden IV.

But I can really sense this "Suikoden-esque" vibe about Suikoden V and I have really high hopes for this game.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Was'nt there an article saying that Konami basically did'nt put much effort into Suiko 4 because they were putting much MORE effort into Suiko 5? I remember hearing something like that somewhere but I can't find the article to see if it's true. Still I would'nt be surprised if Konami really did that, Suiko 4 was so uninspired and boring. Suikoden 5 feels very different of course, and in a good way.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that's true, I just think the people working on Suikoden 4 had no idea what a Suikoden game was supposed to be. Playing Suikoden 4, I became convinced the people that made it had never played a Suikoden game before. I'm not even convinced they even know how to make video games in general.

^Actual quote!
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Guys...I am pretty sure we'll be very impress by Suiko V, hmm...Suiko IV really disappointed us alot...
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well since I read the interview with KT my expentation of the game has raised a little....But am trying to keep it as low as possible of the sake of me not being bumbed out...

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I'm trying to keep my hopes as low as possible, but I can't seem to be able to do that...

I thought that the reason they didn't put much effort into IV is because of Tactics, which was pretty much a continuation of IV....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: