Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kraalesque Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Under-rated Suikoden IV characters [spoilers]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

First playthrough it was something like: Hero, Mitsuba, Viki, and Kika.

Now during my second play through it's been Hero, Mitsuba (<3), Keneth (<3), and Mizuki (who is KILLER when you completely stock her up with her rune affinity). I'm going to try out Eugene, Dario, and a few other people so I can make adjustments for my final game party, because the first playthrough I had trouble with the final boss. :shock:
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think Mitsuba is quite under-rated. The thing that made me notice her was her Atk power, as long as her weapon's sharpened, she's usually in the 300's by the time the other secondary characters are in their 200's. The fact her other stats are lacking isn't really a drawback for me.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd prolly have to say Paula. I see a lot of people think she's lame, but I'll never go a game without her in my initial party. Wind magic is just too useful, and she's got it. Kenneth is my runner up, then Izak, then Mitsuba.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chimei Star wrote:
I think Mitsuba is quite under-rated. The thing that made me notice her was her Atk power, as long as her weapon's sharpened, she's usually in the 300's by the time the other secondary characters are in their 200's. The fact her other stats are lacking isn't really a drawback for me.

Her other stats are lacking? I never even noticed because of her raw strength!
Cecile

AngelicDevils

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only characters that i feel was overlooked in terms of gameplay-wise was Mitsuba and Lo Fong.Mitsuba had incredible strength and was a great asset to my team.Lo fong was a great attacker, but also had good magic skills.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I suppose this will be nothing new, because I think every one of these characters has been mentioned at least once, and probably more like several times. My final parties consisted of characters that (with the exception of a couple in my Graham Cray party) nobody would consider to be under-rated. (I used Ted, Kika, Hero4 and Mizuki, and then Jeane, Paula, Kate, and Lino En Kuldes, as I recall...)

Lazlo - I think that Hero 4 gets beat up on a bit more than he deserves (and not just for his appearance). Some people have come to expect too much out of their Suikoden Tenkai stars. McDohl was just ridiculous in every imaginable way. His Rune was unstoppable, and he was faster and stronger than most of the SoDs in Suikoden I. Genkaku's son was really no different. His Rune wasn't as destructive, but it provided pretty much unlimited healing, and his magic score was still fairly high...fast, and strong. In Suikoden 3 they split it up, with Chris being the strongest, Geddoe the best caster, and Hugo the fastest, but in Suikoden IV you end up with the Rune of Punishment...which...is not terribly impressive (at least, not to me) gameplay wise. I found myself using it only sparingly. I like Hero 4 pretty well though, and he never let me down.

Paula - Some people think she's kind of bland. I like elves, though, especially in Suikoden...and so I felt compelled to use her. She had kind of a sentimental attachment anyway, since she was with me from the beginning and all that. Also, she was an excellent battle mage, with a surprisingly high magic stat, and pretty decent physical abilities as well. Combined with a Cyclone Rune, she got things done, and that's what really matters, right?

Kate - Yeah, a lot of people find her inferior to Mizuki. I like them both about the same I think...they both have their advantages and disadvantages...but I think one reason why Kate got shuffled off to the side was the four-man party system. When you've only got room for one ninja girl...the Shrike Rune tends to make Mizuki the more attractive out of the two. Kate can be brutal with a cast Rune though, and she's fast and deadly of her own accord.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As mentioned earlier, Selma is my lady! I still think she's better looking than Paula :P mind you, I like what Paula looks like too :) Selma has good strength, just set her up offensively, she's great ^^

I think otherwise I used the usual. My main party was hero, sigurd, hervey and helmut. All depends on whether you count the pirates and Helmut as underrated though. I switched them around here and there, often putting the two elves into my party as well.

Kika has a lot of popularity and I'm alright with her, but I didn't use her for long before I ditched her. I used Mizuki for awhile as well, but mainly because she reminds me of my sister hehee.. Little bit of Kasumi nostalgia as well.

-My DeviantArt-
GrimmHooke

Mongoose Monarchs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eugene is my hero. <3

Chiepoo is also a good choice- a lot of people seem to not like taking him, but I found him to be an incredible healer for my party. He's fast!

I also found Helmut to be a good addition.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first time beating the game: Lazlo, Lino En Kuldes, Ted, Kika

2nd Time: Lazlo, Jeane, Warlock, Konrad

i was quite surprised tt warlockand konrad could b tt gd as well....

their magic was superb, i cant believe tt i could defeat the final boss based on jus using magic... o.O

but somehow... muhahahahha... i did it..

so ppl, if u wanna do some heavy damage, jus use konrad and warlock, their magic powers aore astounding!
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my list:

Tal - No one seems to mention much. But to me he is seriously a great powerhouse to have. And the Earth Rune is really in it's best shape in IV, since i find the Clay Guardian the only spell truly needed in the Earth Rune.

Millay - I don't know how popular she is, but she should have a Killer Rune on her, and watch her pull out critical strikes. A cool fighter. and a cute fighter.

Jeremy - He's a lot like Tal. But trades his strength for speed.

Tristan - He has tons of Defense and Speed. If you can put a Warrior rune, or a Double-Strike rune on him, he'll shine as a physical fighter.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kika,kika,kika,and kika she is my best character in suiko4 by leveling her up and upgrading her weapon she will be strong especially with her falcon rune
and her combo with the hero,she was in my party from the first time i got her, she was at lv.67 at the end of the game(i think :? )
and i liked sigurd well he's not that bad and he was in my second final party with hervey and helmut and jeane
there are some good characters in suikoden4 but i see that there's a big part of them that sucks (by the way setsu looks like a political man in our country lebanon and i hate him a lot so that's makes me hate setsu)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: