Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Syaries- The Woman who can't be Queen (Spoilers possible)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
The Annallee not singing thing is not a glitch.

It was cut from the NTSC version of the games because, get this, she sings in a foreign language.

Yeah... they had such a problem with her singing in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE that they let her go onstage with her band and sing three different songs in a FOREIGN LANGUAGE.

Ah, Konami.
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought if she could never be Queen even if all others inline were dead maybe she cant have kids. Which may came in it play because The Sun Rune has the power of fertility.

CLERKS
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually there is ANOTHER glitch that lets Annallee sing. I once heard her sing at South Window, and another time at the castle.

Or maybe I had been playing for so long in isolation that I imagined the song and my fragile little mind accepted it.

^Actual quote!
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

...you can rip the songs off the game disk!? Well, anyway, back to the topic..

It could be quite possible for Syaries to chane the name of Falena...All of the other games, places name's have been changed. (except...I can't think of an example for Suikoden III :? ) If that is the case, then Lorelai and Killey's conversation in Suikoden II were basically referring to Falena (or Farena X_X) as "The Queendom ONCE KNOWN as Falena" We do the same thing in the real world with Rome...in that time period, Europe (or at leats most of it) was called "Rome", but now, it's Europe. It could be something like that...but I doubt it. I thought it was worth mentioning.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa, then why does it come up as "The Queendom of Falena" at every point it's mentioned? Granted, it's not mentioned too much, but everything we'd seen of it is as "the Queendom of Falena." (or Farena -.-) It makes no sense for people to say that and mean the place formally known as the Queendom of Falena; just like people in Suikoden II and III don't say "Scarlet Moon Empire" when refering to Toran or "former territories of the Jowston alliance and Highland Kingdoms" to refer to the current state of Dunan. They'd call it by the new name. 0.o

And not every place changed it's name - none of the Suikoden III ones did, as you pointed out.

And...I don't Europe was ever refered to as Rome. 0.o Quite a bit of Europe was part of the Roman empire, so most would be roman citizens, but I don't think I've ever heard/read someone refer to ancient Britannia, even under the Romans, as Rome itself. But I could be wrong about that one.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the "Queendom of Farena" was a mis-translation in Suikoden 2. IN fact I think in one of Richmond's investigations of Georg, it said "Queendom of Falena" as his birthplace, unless I'm mistaken.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Farena's a mistranslation, just an amusing one. :D

Hmm...According to Kornholio's guide at Suikosource, Georg's point of origin is listed as Unknown. The only two characters in Suikoden II actually listed as being from the Queendom of Falena are Killey and Lorelai.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Raura was supposed to be from Falena, as well as Hortez VII. They do have clothes similar to those of Falena.
josiskrazy

500 Potch
114 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dzerassa wrote:
I thought Raura was supposed to be from Falena, as well as Hortez VII. They do have clothes similar to those of Falena.

that only speculation...they both are listed as "Origin: Unknown"

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hortez and Raura could be from Viki's place :D
Well Syaries might be becomes the queen at the end of the story and decided to not change the name. I mean name of a country is like a soul of the country itself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I don't really think that Syaries would change the name. The name means alot to a country, and it would be hard for the people that live in the country to get used to the new name.

Of course, Limslair might not die during the game, and she'd take the throne (of course, it would be easier to take advantage of her since she is quite young). The best option for her would be either finding someone to help her that she could trust, or give the throne to someone else (perhaps Syaries).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Linnaeus

Meow Mages

167580 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Dzerassa, then why does it come up as "The Queendom of Falena" at every point it's mentioned? Granted, it's not mentioned too much, but everything we'd seen of it is as "the Queendom of Falena." (or Farena -.-) It makes no sense for people to say that and mean the place formally known as the Queendom of Falena; just like people in Suikoden II and III don't say "Scarlet Moon Empire" when refering to Toran or "former territories of the Jowston alliance and Highland Kingdoms" to refer to the current state of Dunan. They'd call it by the new name. 0.o

And not every place changed it's name - none of the Suikoden III ones did, as you pointed out.

And...I don't Europe was ever refered to as Rome. 0.o Quite a bit of Europe was part of the Roman empire, so most would be roman citizens, but I don't think I've ever heard/read someone refer to ancient Britannia, even under the Romans, as Rome itself. But I could be wrong about that one.

It was just an idea I threw out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: