Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Naluris - Looking for opinions!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Naluris - Looking for opinions! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After months and months of work, the website for "Naluris" is now up. O_O What is Naluris you ask?

Well it's a story that I've been working on for a long time. So far it's only 4 chapters long but that's because I can't write. Ha ha. ^^; Actually, up to 30 chapters have been planned, but as I said I'm no good at writing so it takes a while for me to write something and have it sound decent. -__-

Lately I've been designing characters and making maps, writing character biographies and explaining religions. o_o;

Anyone wanting to submit a random character or draw out scenery is MORE than welcome to. =D In fact, I'd love for things like that. Or fanart. *nods*

Right now I'm desperately seeking out people to design the "relycs" that are used in the story. (Well they haven't been used yet but they will be!). I won't bother posting details about that unless someone is interested. Bascialyl, you should be good at pixel art.

Yeah, if you bother to read it and look at the website you might see some similarities between existing animes and games. Mind you, these only serve as my inspiration. (A cookie for whoever can list all my sources of inspirations along with "proof")

Anyways you can check out the site at http://naluris.sennen-silence.com. ^_^

Feel free to leave me opinions on it. o_o Though..please be nice. ;_;

EDIT: Oh and for those who have browsers that are NOT IE, it would help me a lot if you could desribe (or better yet screencap) what the site looks like so I can make a list of the browsers it does and doesn't work in. ^_^
Mekou

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Ahem* I'm terribly sorry for the double post but no one is replying with anything. -__-;;

Nobody as any comments? None? No random names to give for stuff, no compliments, no flames..nothing? o_o

It's REALLY important that I get feedback on this. -__-;
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The website looks good =p I'm reading the character bios and stuff at the moment, I'll update my opinion after I read the episodes =p
So far I didn't read enough to have a solid opinion.
I'll post the screencap as well, as soon as I find a host =p (I know one, but I can only register in 3 hours from now >.>)

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have a character, if you want it

name: Iyrohityo numitsi(don't use the las name if you don't want to)

magic: Thunder, Fire,and Earth

weapon: he can use all types of weapons from the kusanagi(a short dagger that actually has two blades, one is straight, while the other has a sharp hook on the end) to a regular katana. his favorite was given to him by his shodo or swordmaster. this blad is actaully a huge ax that is made for swiftnest and subtle movements of the wrist(think num-chucks)

his other weapon is a pair of short katanas that fit together at the hilt, as kind of a bladed staff.

you can make up his own past history, because i haven't made one.
or until I die
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Please keep actual character entires on the Naluris website.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I`m going to bed shortly, so I haven`t got time to read the whole thing now. I read the beginning and some random parts, but I`ll try read more of it tomorrow and update. From what I did see, though...

To be perfectly honest, it could have been more original(mysterious dream, father missing, etc.), but it was fairly well-written. The language seems a little plain, but it works. I`ve seen far worse stories sites like that one. :)
I might change my opinion when I get around to reading more, as I said...I`ll update then.

And about the site...I use the Opera browser, and it worked perfectly for me. I can get a screencap tomorrow if you want. Nice site, by the way.

Oh, and you forgot your note about English...the "[1]" thing. What was that?

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And when I had thought this thread was dead for sure...lol

>> i have a character, if you want it

Thanks. I'll try to incorperate this character into the story. =)

>> Please keep actual character entires on the Naluris website.

Um...okay. Iguess, to anyone who wants to give me thier made up characters you'll have to e-mail or PM me.

>> To be perfectly honest, it could have been more original(mysterious dream, father missing, etc.), but it was fairly well-written. The language seems a little plain, but it works. I`ve seen far worse stories sites like that one.

I admit, I'm a horrible writer. >_<; I have all these great ideas in my head but I can't write them on paper and make them sound interesting. -__-; I also began writing this story over 2 years ago but never bothered to post it up anywhere because I thought no one would be interested in it....and back then I was greatly inspired by existing storylines. But there is still a long way to go for the rest of the story. Things are not what they seem, and I'm sure by the end of it the story will have messed with someone's head. Or at least, I hope so. Not because it'll be confusing, but because the REAL plot deals with some serious issues that most people in society ignore.

>> And about the site...I use the Opera browser, and it worked perfectly for me. I can get a screencap tomorrow if you want. Nice site, by the way.

Thanks. ^_^ At the very least, I'm sorta good at webdesign. ><;

>> Oh, and you forgot your note about English...the "[1]" thing. What was that?

Oh, I didn't even notice. >_< I'll add that back in...soon.

~ ~ ~ ~

Sadly, I can improve on many things, but my writing skills I cannot change. Personally I'm happy with the way the story is overall, but I also know what going to happen in the future, which is why it doesn't sound "not original" to me. But if you look at any other story in existance, they all have similarities between some other stories but overall the stories are unique right?

I'm still right at the beginning..but I fear trying to re-write everything because I've worked so hard on it already.

..... I need to finish chapter 5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: