Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Hobbies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yumi

Mysics of the Forlorn

0 Potch
170 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I play a lot of video games of all genres (except sports and racing), though I particularly enjoy RPGs and SHMUPs. Aside from that, I do a lot of reading, study mythology and folklore, screw around online, watch movies with my roomates, and play various non-video games with my friends.

I also spend my time going to class and work, but since this topic is supposed to be about hobbies, and I certainly don't enjoy those two activities, I won't go into them.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I current work 4 days and 23 hours/ week, plus being in Japan in the Kansai metropolitan region (that covers Kyoto, Osaka and Kobe) my work places are quite some distance away and I spend a lot of time commuting (I really need to buy a GBA to keep me occupied on the trains!).

When not working however, I have a few hobbies, but they are mainly limited to the internet. I obviously visit Suikox and I also spend a lot of time on chat programs, apart from that however, I run a Harry Potter Roleplaying website called Lumos Solarum. The roleplaying there is pretty high quality with most people on the message boards posting in-character pieces of between 500 and 1000 words. It is set in a canon Universe and has a realistic and almost JKR-esqe plot, though unfortunately recently it has been very quiet. Running the site also means that I have to spend a lot of time reading the Harry Potter books (which is not a chore at all!) in order to make sure I know what is official and what is not.

Visiting Onsens (Japanese Hot Springs) is another smaller hobby of mine. I love the minerals in the water and the liberating feeling that public bathing can give you, it is so relaxing and a positive experience in many ways. I also like hiking, although I haven't done very much since I have been in Japan. I have a few other hobbies, but nothing I can think of to mention, except for a bit of casual programming or photoshop work that I usually use towards Lumos.

Last edited by Saben on Wed May 26, 2004 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You call the public bathing "liberating", I call it "terrifying". I'm paranoid that I'll start staring or someone else will. An unfounded thought, sure, but still in the back of my head.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not ashamed of my body, if people want to stare then I'll take it as a compliment! I do need to watch that I don't start perving TOO badly, though, but Japanese people wouldn't do anything about it even if they realised I was, they are too anti-confrontational!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's more like the embarrassment of realizing it (rather than the fear of the consequences).

And I think agression and hostility were constituationally banned, heh.

Last edited by Leb on Tue May 25, 2004 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i work, read, occasionally watch tv (face it, it's mostly crap), play games on the ps2 and pc, work out at the gym, sometimes write stories and listen to music; oh, and am currently trapped in a 'fix up the place' scheme...*adds returning to college to list*

Last edited by sybillious on Wed May 26, 2004 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a full time college student, so that takes up most of my time. If I can, though, I would sneak in playing pool and Smash Brothers Melee whever the opportunity presents itself.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gaming, surfing the net, basketball, sleeping, eating ah what else well maybe this my daily routine in life hek hek hek
mikazukihime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I spend a great amount of my time either being on the computer or playing video games. I spend hours just playing Dynasty Warriors and Sengoku Musou...because of that I almost didn't graduate high school this year because my math grade dropped drastically. Thankfully my math teacher had pity for me and passed me anyway :D

And if I'm not doing that I watch TV, attempt to draw and write, and sleep.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's the damn problem with Dynasty Warriors. It's too damn fun.

I figure that's a hobby. RPG's too.
Biking, traveling, fire.
Japanese arts.

The list goes on. And on.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

When I'm not ordering my minions to rain sweet, vicious DOOM upon the heads of my enemies or making slaves fight each other for my amusement, I enjoy assassinating my opponents, reading literature, and doing the hokey pokey. XD

Or, more seriously, I spend most of my time reading, studying, cooking, playing cards at school, on forums, and, if I can fit it in, occasionally playing the odd videogame or two.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

- playing videogames (mostly Suikoden)
- spending time on the computer online (irc, im, message board, anime, music)
- watching TV (hockey, movies, news, B&B, Y&R)
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm amazed nobody else plays Go. I was under the impression that it was a quite popular board-game, especially among those immersed in Japanese culture.

If you haven't heard of it, I highly recommend you look into it. It is such a truly great game, it puts Chess to shame.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

it puts Chess to shame.

What blasphemy is this. I guess then, I need to look into this "Go." game.
Because nothing puts chess to shame.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How can you put the words chess and shame in the same sentence? Boooooo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: