Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Alter Code F
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MariGreywords

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New school twist on old school fun? HOW CAN IT GO WRONG?!

SPOILERIFFIC

I've been playing it for a while now, and I have to say . . . i'm absolutely loving it. It's just as good as the old Wild Arms, better in fact. They changed up a lot of things, like the Tools, and battle system. They threw in a LOT of extra content too, and gave the difficulty a nice kick up. Bonus features, and SIX characters to choose from? Hot dang.

An aside: Two things made me sad. One, Cecilia does NOT have Mystic. Jane stole the ability from her. Two, Jack does NOT have the item stealing technique. Jane stole that from him too!

Not that I hate Jane, mind you. I use her instead of Jack, due to her neat little Calamities. In fact, Jane is absolutely awesome in the game, considering that you can buff her normal attack really high, and she gets crits like nobody's business. Throw in her EXTREMELY useful Calamities and Mystic, and you have someone who is easily the most useful character in the party.

I haven't gotten the SUPER SECRET CHARACTER yet, but i've got my suspicions on who it is. Right now, i'm just trying to mass enough experience to survive two hits in a row from the Leviathan Golem. :(

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got this game only a few weeks ago, but it has so far been pretty enjoyable. The newly added characters are a nifty perk, and the countless side-quests just give you oodles of joy.
Takemura

Darkside of the Moon

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did you buy this game?? I can't find it anywhere in canada.. Or my place. Its not in my EB games or blockbuster.. :(

Moonlight Butterfly

203221 Potch
200 Soldiers
122 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This may shed some light on the problem Takemura:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=918799&topic=2474 9707

You're probably going to have to buy it online.

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That just sounds real bad. Never heard of Agatec, but they seem to not only have management problems but simply lack brains to begin with.

The White Wind

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh . . mah . . GOD! I've done it! I finished my first playthrough after 76 hours, with only about 12 hours of idle time! . . and . . I still didn't get all of the EX File Keys. Crap. :(

Oh well . . time to start my next game and take down the SUPER DUPER MONSTER OF DOOM FROM WILD ARMS 3 . . and all those other monsters from Wild Arms 3 . . . wait . . i'm seeing a pattern. :(

You should know the drill by now, if you've been reading all of my posts in random threads. SPOILER ALERT IN THREE, TWO, ONE . . WAI!

Manual turn order is the single most useful thing, in the world. It made everything OH SO MUCH easier, combat-wise. Now, when you use the first turn to have Jane make everyone go faster than the boss monster . . then have Emma use Great Booster on Rudy . . and follow that up with an 18 bullet Gatling Shot . . . 50k+ damage?! Wait . . there's more! Follow that up with permanency on Rudy, Brave Seal on the party, and then Fragile on the boss . . and you WIN FOR GREAT JUSTICE. Without maxing my levels and such, I dealt 111888 damage in one shot, on freaking Angol Moa. I'm still angry that Leviathan is stronger than Angol Moa. How lame is that? . . or maybe I just messed up somehow. ;o

Puzzle Boxes make a comeback. BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely adore those little things . . but why was 29 more difficult than 30? My my my . . . Eh . . what? I should stop spoiling stuff? But why? :*(

Well . . recap on the game.
Battle system: Beautiful, no complaints.
Difficulty: Perfect mix, and fun tricks to manipulate to get infinite money and massive experience.
Sidequests/minigames: Puzzle Boxes = GG
Characters: I love Boomerang. I love Jane. Magdalen. Zed. etc . . .
Random anime stuff: Always a blast.
Overall Rating: 9/10 (So close, and yet so far!)

"Let's be positive!" ~Amano Maya

"Ok, so I bleed orange-flavored Jell-O. Big deal!" ~AdonisVaMPHuNT
Jinners

Kuzunoha

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I bought the game a few days ago and never before have i seen such a nicely done remake. The only complaint with this game is some of the music isn't up to par. Granted some music is good but some is just plain awkward. Also i felt a bit overwhelmed with this game, just out of sheer optional quest, extra bosses, extra areas, new playable characters, tons of treasure chests, secrets, ect. Its a good thing though, as i look for lots of replay and such. Looks like I'll be spending loads of time on it guaranteed.

Totally worth anyone's time who's a fan of Wild arms series, or enjoyed the original WA 1. Even for newcomers to the series will find joy in this game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: