Suikoden United and Inspirational Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Question about Maximillian's name

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Question about Maximillian's name Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there any official information relating to Maximillian's name?

I mean, his grandson is named Fred Maximillian, so is Maximillian his surname? If so, what is his first name?
Is he like Mario and named Maximillian Maximillian?
Did Fred simply take his grandfather's first name as his surname as an homage to Maximillian's greatness?

This has been bugging me since SuikodenIII came out.
I would like to think that Maximillian is his first name (and he is perhaps one of the Surname-less masses) and that Fred chose to adopt his late grandfather's name as a means of honoring Max's memory (and also to seperate himself from the lowly surname-less commoners, as only important people had last names in medieval times).
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, well.. It's kinda like Tir McDohl being called McDohl in the game. McDohl's the family name, right. Maximillian is also the name of 'their' family. We do know that the Maximillian family has been in all four Suikodens to date though. Maybe Maximillian is just one of those single-named-guys.. Or maybe he has a first name, but he only used Maximillian because he has, y'know, a loud voice.. Promoting the family name around so everyone knows the 'Maximillian family'.
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I see. Thanks for the info Chimei Star. I guess I'll just have to live without knowing his true name!
Chimei Star

Crescent Moon Gunners

112245 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heheh, not saying that what I said was true. We'll have to wait for better answers first.
rane

86165 Potch
50 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

maybe it's the way he's been called remember some people most likely above us tends to call us by our family name or surname for example the teacher, bosses etc. "Mr. Lightfellow or President Pendragon".

or...

its his real first name and fred use or was christend with also the same name its possible a person could have two names like mark anthony etc. :D

To feel used, to feel lust, to feel wanted for once
To know there's somebody else who's dying to feel anything
I'm Ready and willing
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or, it could be that Max's son adopted the knights' name as his own surname, which was named after its founder.
Holy Paladin

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Or perhaps Maximillian's first name is simply Max. I think that Maximillian's name has appeared as just Max in Suikoden I & II.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats because the full name wouldn't fit. Just like Templeton...they took out an 'e' so his name is Templton. It's why Reinbach isn't called Schtolteheim.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: