Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

King of Kooluk? ( possible spoilers? )

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: King of Kooluk? ( possible spoilers? ) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was just wondering, Martin looks like the king type, I only got up to the seen with him , Ornelia and Busk.

Also I thought Iskas was Helmut, is Helmut in this game later on?

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You put the potential spoiler in the title, so I fixed it.

Martin is next in line for the throne, while Julius is Kooluk's emperor when the game begins. And no, Helmut does not show up.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How are Ornela and Busk related to Martin? Siblings?

The way he speaks of those two's relation to the imperial family seems to suggest something further removed though.
LaLaLaVinCE

Bro of Liang Shan Marsh

7820 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry but who is Omela and Busk???whr u see all these characters? :roll:
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

**Possible Spoilers

If Ornela is who I think it is (the cool chick in armour) then she is Corselia's auntie I think. As for the other guy I have no idea.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ornella and Busk are Martin's siblings. By the sound and look of things, Ornela is the middle child, while Busk is the youngest.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wait a second! Kooluk has a king???
I thought Kooluk was supposed to be an empire?
It could be me nut i think that is what you should call odd...
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is an empire. It's a mistake on the author's part, that's all.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah thanks for doing that, Leb. was'nt sure how to do that, and Martin must be that little girl Corselia's dad.

So we can assume Helmut is dead? or he just isnt in the Island Nations/Kooluk area anymore.

"The Blood of the sea flows through my veins, I return to it now to be reborn" Troy
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

PirateSigurd wrote:
Yeah thanks for doing that, Leb. was'nt sure how to do that, and Martin must be that little girl Corselia's dad.

So we can assume Helmut is dead? or he just isnt in the Island Nations/Kooluk area anymore.

Suikoden IV's ending (I think) says he and Colton disappeared, so maybe they felt that by being defeated by the Island Nations, they were dishonored and voluntarily left the country?
Child of The Sea God

188289 Potch
2671 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since we're talking about Ornela, Busk, and Martin anyways I might as well as bring up this question. Do the 3 siblings have advanced naval warfare tactics like Sir Troy did? How come their armors don't look nothing like Troy's?
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Forum Poster wrote:
Suikoden IV's ending (I think) says he and Colton disappeared, so maybe they felt that by being defeated by the Island Nations, they were dishonored and voluntarily left the country?

If you watch the scene between he and Colton, it sounds more like Helmut left to find himself.
Forum Poster

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Child of The Sea God wrote:
Since we're talking about Ornela, Busk, and Martin anyways I might as well as bring up this question. Do the 3 siblings have advanced naval warfare tactics like Sir Troy did? How come their armors don't look nothing like Troy's?

The uniforms for Troy et al. seemed like they were different because they were part of the Kooluk navy, whereas the others are part of the army or whatever, IMHO. Then again, the rank and file of both games look mostly the same except for color.

Also, I imagine Ornela, Busk, and Martin's special status in Kooluk might influence their choice of uniform.

It could also be the differences in design between the two games, since Kooluk generally is more vibrantly colored in Suikoden Tactics.

Leb wrote:
If you watch the scene between he and Colton, it sounds more like Helmut left to find himself.

I see. I wonder where Colton might have gone then? Maybe he pulled a Leon and retired to the border village or something.

Forgot something:

Quote:
Wait a second! Kooluk has a king???
I thought Kooluk was supposed to be an empire?
It could be me nut i think that is what you should call odd...

Well, they may have had the British Empire in mind when they chose the title.
PirateSigurd

Knights

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, thats gotta be it, thats because most of the Kooluk soldiers and such in Tactics are from the Kooluk army, and because Ornelia and Busk are from Kooluk's royal family, that might explain why they're uniforms are different from that of Troy's and Colton's.

Britain wouldnt even an empire was it? I noticed it says that about Rock on Soul Calibur, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: