Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 Character List
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm....I don't think that Limslair will die. She might abdicate the throne to someone that she might think is more deserving. I don't think that they'll go with the obvious thing and kill off both the Queen and Limslair. I hope they want us to think that they will, then a plot-twist will come along and Limslair will survive. Well, I just hope she does.

I think that Rionne only stabbs the hero to knock him out for some reason. Perhaps he was wanting to help defend the castle. Rionne might've knocked him out since she thought it would be best and she didn't want him to fight. She says, "I'm sorry." while she stabbs him. Also, it looks more like she is hitting him with the butt of her weapon, not the sharp part.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The reason I think Limslair will die is because for right now, I can't see how Georg Prime will be able to murder Queen Arshetat and feel bad about it. Georg seems to have heavy emotions about the Queen he kills and since he is rather new to Falena while Queen Arshetat is in power I don't see it possible for him to gain any sort of close relation to her except for the fact that he is one of her knights.

But, it seems as if many of her knights will betray her for justifiable reasons. Even her husband, Felid, seems to be on the fence about how he feels he should deal with her. I believe that Felid will be the one to kill Arshetat and not Georg Prime as it is his duty. Thus, the only justifiable Queen that Georg Prime could be attached to is Limslair.

The fact that she is quite young, she is a child, and she is close to the prince would make it very tough for him to murder her and he would regret it as a man of honor but his duty would come first. Also, killing Limslair after the Queen is dead is the only feasible way for Georg Prime to give up everything for a woman, this woman I believe to be Syaries the Queen's sister. Why? Because only by killing both Limslair and Arshetat will Syaries have any feasible chance of gaining the crown.

I just really see no way around both of them dying if the Prince does rebel against his mother which it seems painfully obvious that he will. It seems like that whole line would have to be purged to make any significant changes and Limslair even looks heavy of heart in some of the trailers we see of her with Miakis. It just seems like she will become a victim of politics and it could add more drama to the plot.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
Hmmmm....I don't think that Limslair will die. She might abdicate the throne to someone that she might think is more deserving. I don't think that they'll go with the obvious thing and kill off both the Queen and Limslair. I hope they want us to think that they will, then a plot-twist will come along and Limslair will survive. Well, I just hope she does.

She will probably die permanently and in such a dramatic fashion too, unless you gather all 108 Stars, in which case it will be revealed that she was only staging a fake death with great help from your doctor and main strategist.

Anyhow, this list looks good. The new Chiki/Chimou duo looks interesting compared to the previous ones, for starters.
Dahgaba

Wandering Swords

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All I am going to say is great job SARS. Another fantastic job on your part.

What would we ever do if you we not here. :?

"Join us at the best Final Fantasy Forum around!" www.ffplatform.com
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Urn wrote:
Georg seems to have heavy emotions about the Queen he kills and since he is rather new to Falena while Queen Arshetat is in power I don't see it possible for him to gain any sort of close relation to her except for the fact that he is one of her knights.

I don't think Georg has any heavy emotions about killing the queen. In fact, he never even mentions it, and goes about his merry way, happily eating his cheesecake and custard pudding.

Quote:

Also, killing Limslair after the Queen is dead is the only feasible way for Georg Prime to give up everything for a woman, this woman I believe to be Syaries the Queen's sister. Why? Because only by killing both Limslair and Arshetat will Syaries have any feasible chance of gaining the crown.

That is, assuming that Syaries even wants to become queen, which I doubt. Syaries seems to be the type who would hate to have the restrictions imposed upon her were she to become queen.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I distinctively remember a statement by Georg Prime lamenting the fact that he gave up everything for this one person. It doesn't seem like he was too happy about killing the Queen to me, but I may be taking it out of context. He could just be morose about the fact he had to uproot his life once again for such a task.

And you may be right about Syaries. But, when did it matter whether someone wanted to rule or not? Suikoden has certainly taught us that as well as life in general. If she has to take the crown in order for the Queendom to prosper then she will become Queen whether she wants to or not. Her desires come secondary to the well-being of the nation and Syaries seems like a character that would understand that.

Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Georg does say that he had a woman who he was ready to give his everything. However, we don't know who this is.

As for Syaries, I was refering to your comment about Georg killing Limslair for the sake of Syaries. Georg being a vagabond who doesn't care about the prosperity of a nation is unlikely to kill Syaries' niece to help her; that sounds pretty much out-of-character for both Georg and Syaries. Anyhow, any further discussion is pointless as we have no idea how the plot will play out; however, I don't think your prediction is likely to materialise.
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see your point. Nevertheless, how can we tell what is out of character for Georg Prime or Syaries? I don't think anybody would think that Georg Prime, a vagabond as you say, would go so far as to kill a Queen in the first place since he seems to have loyalty to no single nation and yet he does just that. So, as you say, we cannot possibly discuss the possibilities as of right now since there is so little information.

And I am really not interested in my predicition materializing. It wasn't really a prediction in the first place, but simply a question based on the information we have so far and the statements Georg Prime made in the past game he appeared in. But, I do see and understand your points.

ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow that is nice list of characters if you ask me.
Keep up the good work!
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm...I don't know why I really don't want her to die. I just don't want to see a kid die in a video game. Unless there is some good reason for it, then I won't believe that she will die. I think that the chances are higher that Felid will die then Limslair, but that's just me.

Felid seems to have his doubts, but he seems like the man that would remain faithful to his wife (the Queen). Even if he might have to fight his son to do that. Perhaps he might be the guardian of the final dungeon like Ain Gide and Han were in previous Suikodens.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Taleria

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

SARS, aren't the person you have listed as Dancing Girl and Green Eyed Girl the same person? They look frightfully similar
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Imagine the strength of such an event. It's hard enough to let a kid die in a war, but a little girl no less. If she were to die a violent death, then whoever kills her will top Sephiroth as the most hated RPG character of all time. Of course Final Fantasy fan-boys/girls will probably try to keep prissy boy's image, but I challenge them to see that scene and not change their minds about it.

I really hope she doesn't die either. She just looks too innocent and peaceful to bear her loss. People would probably be traumatized. But then again such a moment has the potential to catapult the series. Suikoden deaths get the player into the game. The eventual grudge match wouldn't be lame either.

My guess on Felid is that he'd probably join late, after he does something along the lines of Ain Gide. But I don't think he'll kick the bucket defending someone.

The Godwin and Barrows philosophies: I wonder how badly split the game's main characters are with these two theories of thought. Especially if the common folk in Falena find out about what truly happened at Lordlake. With the information that we have, it seems like everyone has a reason to fight one another. It's like there are currently no concrete allies.

So do we really know that the girl in the crumbling ruins is Lorelai? I know people just speculated it earlier, but did someone actually manage to get official confirmation or see her in the game?

9500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get a 403 Forbidden error when I go that page. x__x
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Despite the fact that someone would kill a girl, the Fandom (I.E: FFVII fanboys/girls, people that dress like Cloud, people who obsess over the damn game...even though I didn't think it was all that good, but I digress) will be too stubborn to admit that Sephiroth has been replaced as the most "hated" RPG character.

I might be one of the few to think this, but it would've been more interesting if Miakis turned out to be somewhat new at her job, which might've led to a few cute scenes where she tries to help, but winds up tripping or something like that.

Another thing that would be interesting is if Miakis might kill Limslair. She might not have any choice, and Limslair might ask for her to be the one to do it. Georg might be willing to take the blame for it, since he wouldn't want a young girl like Miakis to be in trouble.

Of course, unless we want to think of Georg as a pedophile, I don't think that Miakis would be the one that "he was willing to give everything to." Besides, she is more then half his age (I think...).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Archangel

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars, you said that Dzerassa's name was derived from Scythian Mythology, and means "daughter of the Sea God". Well, wasn't Troy called the Sea God or something to that effect. Just an observation...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: