Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How exactly do Windy and Leknaat have eternal youth?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject: How exactly do Windy and Leknaat have eternal youth? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay so we know they both split the gate rune, now..with it being split it makes me wonder...

We know that the Rune of Beginning is two runes right? But Riou and Jowy will age because they're split..

So how come Leknaat and Windy are immortal/have eternal youth while Jowy and Riou are under similar circumstances? Is there something I'm missing?
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the difference is that Leknaat and Windy split a true rune right down the middle, where as Riou and Jowy simply have 2 runes that could become a true rune if reuinted. To borrow someone's famous coffee metaphor (SARSadmins, I think?) - Windy and Leknaat divided 1 cup of coffee into 2 different cups. Each has half a cup of coffee; it's less powerful than a full cup, but it still has all the properties and deliciousness of being coffee. On the other hand, Riou has, say, water, and Jowy has coffee beans, and while each is integral to becoming a cup of coffee, neither one, on their own, strictly speaking, is a cup of coffee.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another way to say it is that the Bright Shield and Black Sword Rune are simply separate runes with different properties, while the two halves of the gate rune have the same properties (evidenced by the fact that they have the same name) and were originally one single rune.
Eternal Wind

Silver Wind

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought the division of the Gate Rune in two gave the haves different enough power suites that Windy's Front Gate couldn't do all of Leknaat's Teleporting and Prophecy stuff and Leknaat's Back Gate couldn't summon armies like Windy did at Gregminster.
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If I remember right, Windy was aided by Yuber when it came to summoning monsters. And Leknaat could make them go back to their own world, just not as fast as she'd have liked. It was Joshua of the Dragon Knights and his Dragon Rune who helped Leknaat. So, I think it's rather safe to assume that Yuber was Windy's Joshua... If that makes any sense.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't recall joshua helping Leknaat. o_O
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yup, during the final war battle. Tir was going to help her, but she freaked and said he should never release the true power of the Soul Eater. Joshua then steps forward to assist her. I think it happens fight before tha battle begins.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To answer the original poster's question, the Suikox FAQ explains it quite well:

Quote:

How it is explained by Konami is that the Black Sword and Bright Shield runes are not "halves" of the Beginning Rune, but instead components of the Beginning Rune. These two runes are completely dissimilar in property, and exist in that form ab originae. In their separate forms, they are not true runes.

The Gate Rune, on the other hand, was originally a whole rune. It was forcibly split by Windy and Leknaat using some secret method we have no clue about. The resulting halves of the Gate Rune have identical powers, and retain true rune properties but it's power is weaker than a full true rune. Regardless, it provides agelessness.

We can compare this with making coffee. To make coffee, you need ground coffee beans and hot water. Once you mix the two together, you get coffee. If take half of that coffee away--pour half of it into another cup, you just get two 1/2 cups of coffee. You don't get hot water and ground coffee.

That's the difference between the Gate Rune and the Rune of the Beginning. The Gate Rune is already finished coffee, so splitting it only creates two identical runes. The Rune of the Beginning is a combination of the Black Sword Rune (ground coffee) and Bright Shield Rune (hot water). Thus, if the Rune of the Beginning is ever split by a powerful sorcerer, you'd get halves of the Rune of the Beginning instead of the Black Sword and the Bright Shield rune.

So, Windy and Leknaat have actual runes, not parts of one.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What faq is that from?
Vextor

11331071 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikox FAQ, linked from the site.
jowy

ASHRAF

6500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well it might be the curse of the rune
the gate rune is the rune that keep the balance of the worlds in suikoden so it's bearer will have a eternal life
so imagine what will happen if the bearer dies
now for leeknat and windy , the half rune they got must have got the same curse cause it is the same rune split unlike the beginning rune that is 2 pieces
so that what let them have eternal youth, uhh that what i think
Rai-Jin

1416 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no one said that they will age O.o

anyways the rune of beginning is made to split up in 3 pieces (2x runes and 1x conflict as sars explained)

Zexen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes its simply because they have a single and complete, full fledged true rune...

but its still weird. in just 15 years luc has grow pretty much (the true rune still give growth, slowly, right?) but leknaat looks the same in each suikoden, no major growth...

Mondrosen
Games Fanarts and Drawings of Suikoden, Final Fantasy, etc! visit please (^^)v
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's because you don't age if you've fully grown. If you get a true rune in your childhood or teen years you'll still grow, but you'll stop once you reach adult hood.
Lady Chris

Zexen

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh so that's it? well thats something i didnt know before

Mondrosen
Games Fanarts and Drawings of Suikoden, Final Fantasy, etc! visit please (^^)v
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: