Suikoden United and Illegal Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What happened to RPG's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercenary

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm the graphics in FF 8 were more advanced than FF7 but I think that FF7 used theirs more to the limit. I mean some close ups of Squall did look a little, how can I says "crappy" when in game play but during the cutscenes looked GREAT! But I also Liked Legend of Dragoon graphics...or is it just me?

And to comment about how the newer RPG's and their graphics I agree that the companies spend more thime and how they look rather than conrols and the story, which in my opinion the story is the best thing of a an RPG then controls and graphics, but then again thats just what I believe.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mercenary wrote:
I mean some close ups of Squall did look a little, how can I says "crappy" when in game play but during the cutscenes looked GREAT! But I also Liked Legend of Dragoon graphics...or is it just me?

That might be true, FF8 is a bit pixellated, but try to take a look at some of FF7`s battle backgrounds. For example, during your next playthrough, look at the background during the battle against Reno in Sector 7 up in the plate support tower. The background resembles nothing as much as a brown soup of pixels...and I`ve already mentioned the blocky hands. Still, the battle characters were decent, probably better than FF8, since it used the same graphics in and out of battle.

Legend of Dragoon is a bit like a cross between FF7 and 8, IIRC...it certainly resembles FF7, but it`s more advanced. So if you liked 7`s graphics, it`s natural you`d like LoD. I thought LoD`s graphics were okay..they fixed the blocky hands, so the whole thing was a lot nicer to look at, at least for its time. All these games seem heavily pixellated now...:(

Speaking of Legend of Dragoon...that`s a bit of an underrated game, IMO. The story might be a bit(okay, at times extremely) clichéd, but it has one of the best RPG battlesystem ever, as far as I`m concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: