Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden 5 Interview From DPS (Some new info)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuikoCrimson

The Lion Hearted

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If this game was planned before Suikoden 4, the fans will expect more deep info of the characters and the overall story of the game.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

shivam wrote:
its not surprising. Akira Yamaoka (producer of silent hill, sits across the desk from the suiko teams) told me that Suiko 3,4, and 5 went into production almost simultaniously, with three different teams, explaining why each game had such a different feel to it. He said that this was the only way they could get the games turned around fast enough.

So... does that mean that Suikoden 3 is Suikoden 3 because it was simply completed faster than the other two? Or did they know which game would be released first all along, and they just had to wait for Suikodens 3 and 4 to get out of the way before they could announce 5?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
shivam

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

no, they had the order and such decided well in advance. After all, Matsukawa was the producer on all of the suiko games. When they say they had the teams going simultaniously, it was more in terms of game development and design, and less story. the story has been plotted out since a long time ago.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well this is good news all around. It's nice that V was started before IV. This means this game has been 2-3+ years in the making. I hope it will be good.

And as far as the returning characters goes, I thought what he probably ment was that some characters from old games, that were your allies, might be your enemies in this one. Like maybe Pes, Sierra or Geddoe (being a traveling mercenary at this time) being on the other side or something.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

skymansxeno wrote:

And as far as the returning characters goes, I thought what he probably ment was that some characters from old games, that were your allies, might be your enemies in this one. Like maybe Pes, Sierra or Geddoe (being a traveling mercenary at this time) being on the other side or something.

Suikoden III spoiler below (for the few people hiding under rocks who don't know).

I didn't think of that. Yeah, that's an interesting way of looking at it. Something sort of like Luc returning in III to play a very different role than in the previous two games.
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow this was a really risky move by Konami, I mean to rush a game so that they could dazzle us with Suikoden V? It could have turned off some fans away from the series, but I'm glad that didn't happen and tha we still love Suikoden so damn much. I guess they were counting on the devotion of the fans to the series.

But anyways the fact that this game could be the crown jewel of the series just makes me wanna get my hands on it even more. But I guess Suikoden Tactics will quench my Suiko thirst for now.

Oh, and thanks for the info.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it isn't too late though. The PS3 will be out soon and Suikoden V might suffer.

I'm also optimistic about Suikoden 5. But I was also optimistic about Suikoden 4. I'm playing it safe...I don't want my hopes to be crushed again.

^Actual quote!
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fans hopes and expectations can be a dangerouse thing. A lot of people are way excited and some are already saying this may be the best one yet. It's good to caution ourselves. This story(as little as we have known about it) has been Suikoden folklore sense the 2nd game. That means people are probably expecting a lot out of it.

I just hope people don't expect too much out of it.
Himuro

La Morte

844834 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blue Thunder wrote:
I hope it isn't too late though. The PS3 will be out soon and Suikoden V might suffer.

I'm also optimistic about Suikoden 5. But I was also optimistic about Suikoden 4. I'm playing it safe...I don't want my hopes to be crushed again.

It won't suffer. Final Fantasy IX came out around when ps2 came out. It makes it more enjoyable because you get to play the games with improved graphics. Also, a lot of other high profile games are coming out in 2006 for ps2: see KHII, FFXII, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 3, Okami, just to name a few.
bbsting120

8553 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Blue Thunder wrote:

It won't suffer. Final Fantasy IX came out around when ps2 came out. It makes it more enjoyable because you get to play the games with improved graphics. Also, a lot of other high profile games are coming out in 2006 for ps2: see KHII, FFXII, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 3, Okami, just to name a few.

Yeah except, as much as I ejoyed FFIX, it's ne of the less talked about titles in the series and got a lot less attention than 7, 8, or 10. So being at the tail end of the PSX might have hurt it a bit... but with that said, i'm sure the game still did plenty well and I imagine Suiko V will be the same.
Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, that are some really good news. I am if possible even more exited now. This game could really mess up my studies. Suikoden 3 did that too but that was just high school.
Fox Hound

Former White Wolf

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They better make the wars as colossal as possible, seeing how this is made before 4. And more Yuber and Pesmerga damn it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: