Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

weird hikusaak?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kleibert

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: weird hikusaak? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, what we know about hikusaak is that he is (or was?) the ruler of Harmonia. But something about him is strange : about the law which says that every first class citizens of Harmonia should have blond hair, or the most of them. But if Sasarai and Luc are clones of Hikusaak, this one must have, like them, dark hair. So why the ruler of Harmonia put a law like this (maybe the word "law" is wrong, call it as you want) if himself doesn't suit to it?
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

somone said that prehaps, when he left whom ever else is in power changed the rule. or it could be some refferance to toher thigns.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yes i think Kuwaizer is right but what i would love to know is where Hikusaak is.

Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always am reminded of Hitler with this topic. He said the dominant race was those with blonde hair and blue eyes, yet he himself did not fit his own criteria. I'm not saying Harmonians are supposed to represent the Nazis and Hikusaak symbolizes Hitler, but I just think one could draw a comparison here.

(In fact, like Hikusaak, many believe Hitler is simply missing and not dead. Or his brain is kept inside a glass jar or something like that. Hmm...)

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I wouldn't think that Hikusaak having darker hair would effect his status. After all Sasarai doesn't have blonde hair (obviously).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Camus the Noble

Les Renés

1056014 Potch
224 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I understand, Hikusaak is thought of as somewhat godly. Thus, Harmonians reason that he (and his clones) are not subject to the same criteria of goodliness that mere mortals are.

A simpler explanation could be that there is some doublethinking going on here, as the average Harmonian believes

a) blond people are, invariably, the best people in the world, and
b) Hikusaak, who has dark hair, is the best person in the world.

It's not impossible for governments to instill conflicting views into its citizens, especially if the government has had as much time as Hikusaak's has.

It'll be interesting to see if the Harmonia-Nazi Germany metaphor follows through, and Hikusaak is portrayed to be a Hitleresque figure. I think, that when Harmonia is the central villain in one of the games, it'll probably turn out that way, with the "gray" moral area fulfilled by Sasarai or Dios (or someone totally new).
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia, I believe, is based on the USSR. Expansion that brings with it a drastic change in government/social politics, satelite states, etc. etc. Although the Nazi parallels are quite interesting.

Hikusaak and Sasarai are both clergy, however, and it is likely that clergy are not subject to the same rules as everyone else. Often religious figures exist in a social level outside of regular class systems and would be able to have status of their own even if they don't fit into the established guidelines. It could also be a case of "Hikusaak has earned the right to be our leader through his deeds, so we'll make an exception just this once and give him status." It was also not widely known that Luc and Sasarai are his clones (Sasarai didn't know himsefl until Luc told him), so they probably got their ranks based on deeds also, or Hikusaak's endorsement.

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe SARS once stated that the temple faction is exempt from this criteria, thus explaining why Luc and Sasarai are left out of this criteria. The reason Hikusaak chose that is because he flipped the socail classes upside dwon, meaning that at the very bottom of Aronian society, there were blonde haired individuals. This implies that Hikusaak was some sort of upperclassman that took pity upon the lower class and led them against Aronia; and that after noticing the virtue of these citizens, awarded them first class citizenship of Harmonia. That however, is just another one of Scarlet Assassin's crazy theories.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that if Hikusaak was the one that made though laws then it was just that blondes were the majority.So to manipulaty them he made them think they were the greatest a little flatery goes a long ways.

CLERKS
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear Zaj, but it's a canonical fact that Hikusaak took the social structure, as far as class goes at least, and flipped them upside down. That means that since non-humans and dark haired humans are at the bottom of the social ladder in Harmonia, it was the other way around in Aronia. Blonde haired citizens were, 99% certainly, at the bottom of the food chain in Aronia.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How do you know that blondes were the minority.No one said where Aronia was they could have been every one.After he made them feel good he spreaded.
They have never said what Aronia was like.It may have been the greatest niceses Kingdom.Look at how Harmonia talks about him he could easly have changed history.
And if they liked Aronia he talks about how great they are.Even if they dont come around their kids would,look at how some blacks and the mexicas love Jesus.In school every one yelled at me because I'm not relious but their anectors were forced beatin raped and killed before they warship but now their kids are the most relious.
After he got them to warship him like that he could expand looking for true runes after a while there are more dark hair people and non-humans.Since they were beaten down he did'nt have to appease them so left the socail system as is. So he has some people praising him and some hating him but to scared to say any thing it is prefect atleast for his goal.

CLERKS
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: